CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Hi,
does anybody own files for CUP_core and CUP_Terrain for legacy 1.64 Arma 3? Point is I play Linux version and it is not up to date with Windows version, the CUP newest files do not work with v1.64 unfortunately.

Hi!

Figured I would cross post here. The CUP team is doing a Give Away for Arma's 16th Anniversary. 1 copy of Arma 3 Apex Edition (full game/expansion) and 6 copies of "DLC Bundle 1" ( Karts (shrug), Helicopters (AWE YEAH!), and Marksmen (BOY OH BOY!)

If you don't have the DLC's or know someone who needs Arma 3, point them to our twitter post and have them reply!!!

We will discuss and reply about the Linux compatibility issue. Is steam required for A3 on Linux?

Chernarus issues, I will have to discuss and revert, I'm fairly sure this is a known issue of unkown origin, however I'm not sure. I will do my best to try to find out who has looked at what, and see if I can maybe take a look and see if I can find anything that might be causing it. My fear is it's issues with models on the terrain which will make it difficult to locate the problem models and figure out what the issues are that need to be addressed. If I do get back up and running, it shouldn't take that long to go through the whole thing, but getting up and running has proven to be something I'm not prioritizing due to current IRL obligations.

I've gotten a lot of ducks in a row, so hopefully I can actually get back into it and start pulling my own weight again!

In the meantime... #GiveTheGiftofArma !!!!

• Like 6

"We will discuss and reply about the Linux compatibility issue. Is steam required for A3 on Linux?"
Yes, both Linux and Mac versions of Arma 3 can be downloaded through Steam. There is no SteamOS or Mac icons next to Windows identifying that game works on these platforms because these are still "experimental ports", more about it here: https://dev.arma3.com/ports

There is way to have the same version of Arma 3 for Windows, it is described in above link to ports description under "Limited multiplayer compatibility", in short this version of the game can be accessed on Windows using beta version code: "Arma3LegacyPorts". After downloading this version for Windows, MP can be shared with Mac and Linux clients.

Windows Arma3LegacyPorts, Linux and Mac are running currently 1.64 which is first Apex release if I am correct. Because of that, mods build on newer version of the game won't work, there will be error on Linux like: "Bad version X in p3d file "Y.p3d", on Windows I think it simply closes the game without error. Unfortunately Linux and Mac ports are not often updated, that's why I am asking if anybody still owns older versions of CUP for 1.64 or earlier Arma 3 release?

There is same issue with ACE, discussed here: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3137

@cifordayzserver Thanks for replying regarding the stutter issue. It's comforting having a dev reply, and it totally makes sense it might be related to a map object.

I'd like to point out, that I do believe other maps are impacted. Chernarus is just a great example of a map within the CUP pack itself suffering from the stutter. I also believe Sahrani to be effected, as well as a bunch of custom made community maps using the CUP as a base too (Diyala, Sangin Summer in some circumstances, etc).

I guess what I'm saying is, if you do determine the problem to be an object, hopefully in the event you have time to fix it, the fix won't just be for Chernarus.

Anyway, I know time is precious and that you said you may not have time to look at it at all. I just wanted to thank you for mentioning it and give you as many details as I could to go along with my other posts on the subject.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, deo said:

Found older version of CUP which works on Linux/Mac at the bottom of this page: https://armaonunix.gitlab.io/modded.html

Good.

In future. if you/others are able to post probable version numbers, I may be able to help since because the STEAMing pile of **** client has rendered my game effectively unplayable I am currently re-installing Acronis backups (so far to no avail).

On 6/29/2017 at 2:39 PM, orcinus said:

Good.

In future. if you/others are able to post probable version numbers, I may be able to help since because the STEAMing pile of **** client has rendered my game effectively unplayable I am currently re-installing Acronis backups (so far to no avail).

Hey Orc good to see you around again!

-Sav

All trees and caustics is so strong, that makes RHS tanks like M1A1 and T-72&T-90 laying upside down every mission in every chernarussian forest

Any kind of fixes for this?

https://youtu.be/WjRwgoUgHyo?t 0:00 - 0:10 we got very lucky that we got back on the ground..

AllInArma Terrain pack had less tree-antiarmor(antivehicle) slowing force, less flippining tanks was there

Any possibility to create seperate links for each map?

It would save the 11 GigaByte mission addon dependacy!

The map data is already split from the rest resulting in CUP Terrains - Core (shared by all maps like buildings, vegetation, config, ect. ~6,5GB) and CUP Terrains - Maps (only map data like satmaps, hightmaps, ect. ~1,5GB).

This being said, no, maps won't be split up in single downloads because there is no sense in it. Not from a developer view, nor the majority of users.

• Like 3

CUP Terrains - Core and CUP Terrains - Maps are pretty much staples of any modset these days so most people who play arma or make missions for arma will have them in some form

Howdy fellas, we're preparing a first release candidate for the upcoming patch, this time everything including terrains will be updated.

The RC is about to go live on our DEV Branch, if you want to get involved with testing and helping us out squashing bugs before release drop by our discord:

https://discord.me/cup-arma3

This tells you the patch is roughly a couple weeks away from release.

Have a nice day!

• Like 13

CUPREP #0007: GOING DYNAMIC

sK6kYX7.jpg

The CUP Team is happy to announce the release of a fresh new patch for all our content.

You can find the downloads on our Download page and Steam Workshop.

After months of heavy work the integration of the dynamic loadouts is finally complete. All our compatible vehicles now feature proper sensor and dynamic loadout setup.

Granted some tweaks might still happen here and there, the bulk of the work has finally been completed.

But what else is new? The M60A3 Patton MBT is new! The Uparmored Humvees are new! The Takistani Civilians are new! Guess we'll have to find another excuse to delay our patches now huh... sahrani civilians are still missing

Also coming along with this patch there are a few more civilian vehicles, bringing the number of vehicles left to port over and upgrade just down to 14 and making the Army of the Czech Republic the last missing piece of our units.

Once again we would like to remind you that if you wish to get involved in testing we have a special DEV branch that updates weekly from our internal version, giving you access to the latest additions, upgrades and fixes.

Because of how Steam works and how we want to keep more control on who has access to this separate version, you need to befriend the CUP Team Steam account to see it.

Drop us a message on our Discord Chat server to let us know who you are and we'll make sure to give you access.

This being said, we're still chasing after many other technical upgrades BI has been implementing lately and we're looking forward to the Tanks DLC for an overhaul of our armored vehicles.

If you're a modder and want to get actively involved in CUP development come by our discord to have a chat with us.

Thank you for your continuous support, bye for now!

Changelogs:

CUP Weapons 1.10.0 Changelog

CUP Units 1.10.0 Changelog

CUP Vehicles 1.10.0 Changelog

CUP ACE Compats 1.10.0 Changelog

CUP Terrains Core 1.4.0 Changelog

CUP Terrains Maps 1.4.0 Changelog

CUP Terrains CWA 1.4.0 Changelog

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

THANKS, CUP team! Thanks a lot. :icon14:

A small note: The CWA changelog link leads to this forum thread page.

On Download page and Steam Workshop contain old versions.

2 hours ago, shurka said:

On Download page and Steam Workshop contain old versions.

The Terrain pack has not been updated yet, it's inbound.

• Like 4

Thank you for continuing to work on such an awesome project. Brings so much extra to Arma gameplay choices.

• Like 2

I still prefer your Malden Map over the BIS one. In fact thanks for all the Maps. CUP content really adds a lot for mission makers.

9 minutes ago, Graeme Trump said:

I still prefer your Malden Map over the BIS one. In fact thanks for all the Maps. CUP content really adds a lot for mission makers.

i think CUP Malden which is OFP era, and Malden set in 2035 compliment each other. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

i think CUP Malden which is OFP era, and Malden set in 2035 compliment each other. 

NO there is only CCCP and Yankees

37 minutes ago, Graeme Trump said:

NO there is only CCCP and Yankees

Sorry care to elaborate? What i was saying was that CUP Malden is great for Cold War Scenarios and Malden set in 2035 is good for modern era scenarios. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I simply love Malden 2035, it's clearly a labour of love.

• Like 6

Good stuff in the new updates guys thanks a lot!

Right now Chernarus and Utes look absolutely incredible, with the exception of one particularly bright oak tree that's barely noticeable, I wouldn't change a thing. The lighting is perfect, the color balance is great, the LODs look good, the objects blend with the sat image, the grass blends with the ground. And above all that, they just feel right.

Spoiler

SHdDb7I.jpg2nicZ1c.jpg1Q7RUJT.jpgqOwn0mB.jpgKVAQfqz.jpg

(this guy is the one)

qKOV3Fh.jpg

Unfortunately, I feel the other terrains have some small issues.

Right now, I hate to say this, but Zargabad is no good. Shade is really weird, the sand and dirt have gone back to looking almost snow white, and every object, be it grass, trees, buildings, whatever, sticks out like a sore thumb. It doesn't feel right or look right to me. And for some reason the ground textures look flat and weird. There's like simultaneously a lack and an excess of contrast. Nothing really looks organic. I'll probably be avoiding playing on Zargabad for the time being to be brutally honest.

Spoiler

p3z0lDj.jpgs9bRF00.jpg

Takistan is pretty good right now, but the grasses stand out a lot and don't look like they belong. The grass looked perfect in the last version, except for the fields which were as weird then as they are now. Now the grasses don't really match the ground textures at any point on the terrain. It looks strange and fake. The lighting and everything else is great though, don't change a thing there, its got the right atmosphere. It's so frickin close to perfection like you managed with Chernarus and Utes.

Spoiler

2bcjWjR.jpgrsfGr1Q.jpg

North Sahrani looks great aside from a couple dated looking trees in the far north, no biggie there though. South Sahrani is looking good, but the grass has a similar issue to Takistan, it doesn't blend with the sat image or the ground textures, except extremely close, like within 10 meters.

Spoiler

6iNyk8H.jpg

The ACR Maps Bukovina and Bystrica are looking quite good, except a couple really bright trees, that are unfortunately quite frequent. They're almost yellow and look out of place. Breaks up the harmony and looks unreal. These two maps are also so close to perfect. Good lighting, sat blending, grass, all that.

Spoiler

SN8FwTp.jpgxDpS2Xv.jpg71YFZOi.jpg

I hope I don't come off as being malicious or overly-critical or toxic in any other way. I really love the terrains and just want to try to provide some constructive feedback. I don't mean to demand anything, but I want to share my views on how things could be improved going forward. I wish to see these become the best they can. Unfortunately they can't look exactly like they did in the previous games and bringing them up to Arma 3 provides a lot of challenges, and I understand you guys are working hard all the time to overcome them. For that I am beyond thankful. Having the terrains with some mild nuances is far better than not having them at all. Oh and a small note, I use the reduced haze mod and have the overall view distance to about 4500 and object view distance to about 1500, just a preference thing, but might be relevant to the way some things appear.

Edit: after some ground time on takistan, I've noticed the shade there may also suffer the same issue and Zargabad, and is quite dark. In cases it has made enemies in shade nearly impossible to see in broad daylight until its too late.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2