CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

That is a PwS problem and has nothing to do with CUP Terrains or backwards compatibility to AiA.

A HUGE thank you from me for this xmas present. Very much loved and appreciated CUP team!

That is a PwS problem and has nothing to do with CUP Terrains or backwards compatibility to AiA.

Is backwards compatibility working without editing the mission files through Steam Workshop?

Is backwards compatibility working without editing the mission files through Steam Workshop?

Yes - as mentioned a few posts earlier, we forgot two entries for the backwards compatibility, which should only affect a minority of missions created with AiA TP. These two entries will get added in the next patch.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me how to get all those objects to work in XCam? I deleted an reloaded my whole library but still XCam seems only be able to find small parts of the A2-Objects.

Most of them are clustered under a small group called "Objects", some under "warfare" but the classic groups like "A2_Trees", "A2_Bushes" etc seem to be missing and are not imported as well as nearly all of the buildings like these one:
ScXYGZbm.jpg

Any one any idea how i can make them work with XCAM to be more then only those few objects you can already find in the regular editor?
7yPYjrmm.jpg

The old version of CUP Terrain worked without problems, including the different object-groups etc. No all are gone. Is this a problem with XCam or has anything elementary been changed in the CUP-Version?

Will Summer Chernarus be included in the future? If not, it is possible to move files from AIATP and use it with CUP Terrains?

Uhmm..... did you actually download it? Chernarus Summer is included in CUP Terrains.

Uhmm..... did you actually download it? Chernarus Summer is included in CUP Terrains.

I'm still downloading, I didn't see it listed in the OP and thought since they went to the trouble of listing all the Sahranis they would have listed the other Chernarus if it was in there. The winter version is available as its own DL, but would be nice if included.

Hey Everyone! 

HUGE congrats to all the guys that really pushed this release out! I just haven't been able to find any time for the project, I'm hoping to get back on the horse soon.

Saw a few questions I might be able to address. 

1. The Apartment buildings - Please outline your exact issues in as much detail as possible. The building alignment should be fine, I checked the RC the other guys prepared and they appeared to be all in the right place, I will DL and double check now.

2. The office/school building - No work has ever been done to those as far as I know, I will try to fix the issues once I get back up and running if no one else has in the meantime.

3. Servers - You can run only the core if you are running only a 3rd party terrain, however that depends on the specific terrain. Some terrains might have dependencies on one or more BI terrains, if that's the case, you need those files present as well.

4. Xcam/editor - I'm not sure what/if anything was changed, I'll have to review it,

Once again, ENORMOUS thanks to TheConen for getting this out to the community for the Holidays!!!

• Like 2

There might be an issue with the meta-data on Six for @CUP_Terrains. In PwS it shows as "Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains - @CUP_TERRAINS" which is how the other CUP mods are named (other than the last part not being all upper-case with the others) but when checking the Collection content on the withsix website it just shows it as @CUP_TERRAINS, whereas the other CUP mods show as "Community Upgrade Project - Units", etc.

Am i the only person having issues with the buildings that were open in AIATP are no longer open? (Sahrani buildings, Tested on United Sahrani) or did i miss where that was mentioned

I'm a big fan of the Aliabad map, which I added into the AIA map addons folder before, and it ran just fine, I've just downlaoded CUP's Terrain, and hesitant to install, and delete the old AIATP package.

Can I simply place the Aliabad map into the CUP's directory, or is it better to keep it as a seperate addon map?

Hey all, just curious and this may be what is being discussed earlier in the thread about PwS, But i can launch from PwS just fine, except if i have panthera, isla duala, and or Australia in the mod collection. Obviously because those mods are calling for AiA as a dependancy. The error you get on launch is "circular addon dependency  "AiA_Afghan_config""

If you remove the maps in question (panthera, isla duala, and or Australia) then the error goes away and you can launch arma and enjoy cup terrains.

My question lies in the fix. I am thinking this is the individual map makers need to update their maps on PwS to not call for the AiA dependancy ? or... is this someone elses to do list ?

Anyways thanks again for CUP terrains, been waiting on this and very excited.

It *looks* like awesome work!  I've followed all the CUPS project announcements with great interest and this one is high on my wish list (followed by Arma2 females and motorcycles).  

So only one question, before I ask my DSL, which is really not much better than a piece of wet string stretched between a couple of dial up modems....  "Clafghan"?  I don't suppose it will work out "of the box" with this and I'm a bit apprehensive about downloading several gigs to find out...  has anyone tried it yet, to see what it will take to get it up and going too?

Thanks in advance!

There might be an issue with the meta-data on Six for @CUP_Terrains. In PwS it shows as "Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains - @CUP_TERRAINS" which is how the other CUP mods are named (other than the last part not being all upper-case with the others) but when checking the Collection content on the withsix website it just shows it as @CUP_TERRAINS, whereas the other CUP mods show as "Community Upgrade Project - Units", etc.

http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/IuCkBVwo5U2ufqwjtJQpfQ/Community-Upgrade-Project-Terrains use this on play with six - @cup_terrains_maps + @cup_terrains_core, @cup_terrains will be deleted, it was mistakenly uploaded.

I'm still downloading, I didn't see it listed in the OP and thought since they went to the trouble of listing all the Sahranis they would have listed the other Chernarus if it was in there. The winter version is available as its own DL, but would be nice if included.

my bad, I forgot to include it on the first post, fixed.

http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/IuCkBVwo5U2ufqwjtJQpfQ/Community-Upgrade-Project-Terrains use this on play with six - @cup_terrains_maps + @cup_terrains_core, @cup_terrains will be deleted, it was mistakenly uploaded.

Why? I'm using that version off playwithsix with no problems.

Only exception is PWS wants me to download AIATP to run Chernarus Winter, Podagorsk etc. But the actual @cup_terrains runs fine.

Here are couple of things I've just quickly noticed in Chernarus:

The ladder is missing on the office building in the middle of Elektro

XrjYiQr.jpg

And the Ladder on "Cherno tower" only allows you to climb up one level - This was also a bug in AIATP - it would be good to be able to climb up to the top of Cherno tower once again.

FNlC1wv.jpg

By the way we forgot to include this into first post -

The most thanks goes to these guys from CUP Team - NonovUrbizniz (cifordayzserver), TheConen, NeoArmageddon, IceBreakr, EvroMalarkey, ThreeDots, Waffle_SS who made all this possible, took the mantle after Kju or help in other way.

Also a lot of thanks to the rest of the CUP Team for all support and help. For the record, It took us almost 200 commits to make it here - great job!

• Like 2

Just to put some clarity around this...

https://community.withsix.com/topic/2/arma-mod-requests/100

Some maps that were ported to A3 recently- for Instance pantera or duala - have AiA_TP set as a dependency so for the moment won't work properly with CUP if loaded with PW6

You can see these maps as they have a little dependency chain next the the map name..

Why? I'm using that version off playwithsix with no problems.

Only exception is PWS wants me to download AIATP to run Chernarus Winter, Podagorsk etc. But the actual @cup_terrains runs fine.

Here are couple of things I've just quickly noticed in Chernarus:

The ladder is missing on the office building in the middle of Elektro

And the Ladder on "Cherno tower" only allows you to climb up one level - This was also a bug in AIATP - it would be good to be able to climb up to the top of Cherno tower once again.

it shouldn't even be on PWS, it's duplicate to @cup_terrains_maps - either way it's not visible to public now and it will be deleted.

Regarding the issue, please post this on http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/

About the third party maps, this must be resolved by PWS team, they already know about it so don't worry.

the Lingor A3 map throws up a required addon "aia_world_dusteffects", when using CUP's Terrain.

No other errors so far in any other Icebreaker maps, but a big difference noticed already from the AiA TP.s ...fucking awesome stuff guys.

Edit.. A3 Duala no longer shows in the editor, neither does J'bad map.

If I host on a linux server... same files on linux box and client. Still I can only connect when I set in the cfg file verifysignatures=0.

When I have it set to 2... as it should be I get kicked everytime for not having the mods... anyone else exp this? (had the same issue on AIATP tho already ... so its not this release only)