CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Could you report this on our tracker please? http://dev.cup-arma3.org/

Thanks!

Please fix your Steam Workshop downloads. You keep telling people to redownload or repair the files if corrupted. THIS DOES NOT WORK! You need to reupload another file or repair the existing ones. Almost all Arma 3 custom maps don't work without your mod. 2 dozen missions for my clan's operations are broken until you fix it.

I'm seeing a pattern...

Which one ? 

No, really, what pattern do you see ? The one that I see is that several thousand players can download the maps from any of our download offerings, no matter if it's workshop, our own download page, or any other source.

So what pattern are YOU seeing beyond the fact that the problem is on YOUR side if no one else has a problem ? 

• Like 4

Please fix your Steam Workshop downloads. You keep telling people to redownload or repair the files if corrupted. THIS DOES NOT WORK! You need to reupload another file or repair the existing ones. Almost all Arma 3 custom maps don't work without your mod. 2 dozen missions for my clan's operations are broken until you fix it.

They are perfectly fine.

• Like 1

The only pattern I see is you posting the same nonsense everywhere. However, that doesn't make it any more true.

The files are perfectly fine, they have been downloaded half a million times (literally) and there is nothing we can do.

If you are seeing a pattern, then please explain to me our reasoning for doing so? We go through all the pain of creating these files and then corrupt them so nobody can download them? Don't you think that is a bit... I dunno... weird?

So if all downloads are broken for YOU but not for hundreds of thousands of others, then I am rather thinking the problem could be on your side and not on ours.

And 12 of my other clan members? 

I reinstalled and repaired the mod many times...nothing

uninstalled all of my Arma 3 mods, cleared out my Workshop cache...Nothing

Reinstalled Arma 3...nothing

Uninstalled Arma 3, cleaned all mod content, deleted every Arma 3 related file on my PC, Reinstalled game...nothing

Google Drive links won't work for me or any of my clan members

How's that for nonsense? 

Workshop is working perfectly fine for me and many other. Most people never had a problem so don´t paint it as the fault of the CUP Team and look for errors on your end first. If you can´t find any contact Valve and tell them that the workshop is not working properly for you or just download mods manually.

• Like 2

That's a lot of stuff that don't work for you guys...

If there is a pattern to look for, might be on your end.

• Like 5

That's a lot of stuff that don't work for you guys...

If there is a pattern to look for, might be on your end.

Why does every other Workshop mod work?

Why is the comment section for these mods on Steam (Core especially) full of complaints of corrupt files?

Why can't my clan members download?

This is a recent issue, so yes, half a million people have downloaded SINCE IT WENT TO WORKSHOP. That does not dispel a recent issue.

Yep, mine works fine

Did you uninstall and redownload? Because I subscribed awhile ago, it worked, then when I got a new drive, I had to reinstall A3 and all mods. Now it doesn't work, all of the new members of our clan who didn't already have it installed also cannot.

What exactly is the problem? You keep saying everything is corrupted which could mean literally any number of things. Are you getting an error? If so, what is it? Are your missions telling you you're missing a certain file? I mean my goodness if you want help you need to be way more specific.

• Like 1

Have you read my previous post to that topic? If not, please do so now. If you did, then I cannot help you. It has been repeatedly said: The files are fine.

• Like 1

Why does every other Workshop mod work?

How many of those are several gigabytes?

Why is the comment section for these mods on Steam (Core especially) full of complaints of corrupt files?

Because there is an issue with the workshop and big files. Why do you assume automatically that the files themselves are corrupt?

Why can't my clan members download?

Probably because you are using the same download server. You might want to change the download server just for giggles. I assume that after the upload Steam distributes the mod to its mirrors, maybe something goges wrong there.

This is a recent issue, so yes, half a million people have downloaded SINCE IT WENT TO WORKSHOP. That does not dispel a recent issue.

You are mistaken. We have about half a million subscribers, so every time we update half a million people will download it. This is for each version, the number of subscribers, not for the entire history of the mod on the workshop.

The issue is also not new, if you look through this thread you will find a whole slew of them. It happens again and again. Some people have problems downloading, period. There is NOTHING we can do about it. The files are uploaded just fine. It's your internet connection, or the mirror you are using, that is causing the issues.

Look, I am really sorry that you have such problems. I really wish we could do something about it, but the plain and simple truth is we cannot. We can only upload the files, and if only one person downloads them correctly (which we usually do after the upload) then our side of the deal is done. Anything else that happens, it's out of our control.

• Like 3

Did you uninstall and redownload? Because I subscribed awhile ago, it worked, then when I got a new drive, I had to reinstall A3 and all mods. Now it doesn't work, all of the new members of our clan who didn't already have it installed also cannot.

Yeah, I redownloaded Terrains and Core and they work fine for me. Sorry that it isnt working for you but for me it works like before, without any problems.

Your the only one with the issue. I have no issue so stop being so ignorant!

• Like 1

Frank you take me as one of those people who thinks games are shit cause they can't run on your PC, even though the problem is your PC and not the game. 

Honestly mate, we've clearly come to the conclusion that the problem is your end not CUPs end. If the problem was corrupt files then wouldn't you think that EVERYONE who downloaded the mod off of steam would get corrupt files... but if you might have noticed, that doesn't happen, so clearly the problem is your end as said 1000 times already. Let it go ffs

Strewth 

• Like 1

hej i have a problem with my server 

Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_CA_Plants2_Bush' requires addon 'CA_Plants2_Tree'

i dont know if its me there are doing it wrong or its the cup core mod the not are working on this map

sorry for my bad english

Look, I am really sorry that you have such problems. I really wish we could do something about it, but the plain and simple truth is we cannot. We can only upload the files, and if only one person downloads them correctly (which we usually do after the upload) then our side of the deal is done. Anything else that happens, it's out of our control.

The only way to fix it is to D/L it from elsewhere.  Like WithSix or something else.  I personally use WithSix and have had all my friends switch and have had zero problems (so far!) with big D/L updates.  Steam has a history of munging big downloads. 

You just identified root cause although you don't realize it.  PEBKAC issue.  Try to d/l from an internet cafe or some other place w/ an internet connection.  Hell you may even have the ability to d/l this from a computer at your local library...

• Like 2

Hello Guys,

I have a Problem, i used CUP Terrains full Version 1.2.0 on few maps i have Problem with the Skybox and still the same problem after Reinstall and re download.

The maps are:

Malden

Kolgujev

Desert Island

Nogova

Takistan

Takistan Mountains

Zargabad

Everon

The Desert (German Translation = Die Wüste)

Proving Grounds

Shapur

I just to the time on 00:00 or 01:00 on some maps cant see the Horizon too in the night in other maps the i not list its the problem not my Arma3 its on version 1.64 and so look it on map Takistan

5E296C504BBB28F7BE60C7AF686DCFF065832EB5

E113C8E9DB6F59471A8C750DD70DC80FAAB5CDD7

That is how it should look with pitchblack night (overcast + no moon). 

Tweak your mission to be on a date with fullmoon or reduce the overcast (or get a flashlight).

• Like 3

This just in: Night is dark. Night Vision was invented for a reason. Although realistically even with Gen 3 NVG's it would be difficult to see on an overcast moonless night unless you also had an IR flashlight.

Date and weather settings were changed often and it looks with me on all listen maps exactly the same as for pictures.

If there are no clouds in the sky you would have to see stars which I do not see.

E.g. On Chernarus clear sky time 00:00 are stars to see without and with moon. What I want to say everything is the same on some cards the Skybox does not really work

If I did not know further I had not the work done all the maps to examine and then report them here.

Hello all,

first of all congratulations to the CUP team. It's a very big and important project for the whole Arma 3 community.

It's very kind by you offer your knowledge and freetime helping this mod growing day byb day.

After this..I've a question for CUP users who has to manage a big mod like this and in particular for people are playing CUP in a clan.

The question is:

How do you manage the CUP terrain updates in a clan environment?

Everytime do you upload the whole package or do you use a smart method to upload just the updated pbos?

Thanks in advance

Hello. I'm running a dedicated Arma Server with all the CUP mods plus some other mods but when I join the server and select a mission I get this error: 

19:15:57 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Officer no longer exists
19:15:57 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item1.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Soldier no longer exists
19:15:57 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item2.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Soldier no longer exists
19:15:57 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item3.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Soldier no longer exists
19:15:57 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1/Entities/Item4.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Soldier no longer exists
19:15:57 Missing addons detected:
19:15:57   CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy
19:15:57 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy
19:15:57 Mission takistanvirtualarsenalsandbox.takistan: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

And there are no slots in the server as well when I join when I select that mission. Can someone please help me with this issue?

well, this is the wrong thread, because the problem is with cup units. the server does not start with cup units, or the files on the server are somehow damaged.