CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Ah-muh-zing list of updates -- the team is altogether very experienced, motivated, and intelligent (for, I imagine, automating what must be many tedious tasks) to crank this out throughout the dev and RC 1.60 period. The guys above mentioned Fata, which is definitely an enjoyable map that I may one day look forward to playing in full glory, but by my count I have over 70 Arma 2-dependent maps that continue to be enabled and improved via CUP's work. (this is only counting functionally complete maps, not broken or early alpha, abandoned releases from years ago)

My 1 year-old Arma 3 player's brain boggles at how I could spend easily the next 6 years on playing and scripting missions at 1 month per map before I finish this rotation. I've just spent a month on one tiny, faltering orienteering/VIP extraction rescue mission with still-broken scripting and terrible (but low-processor-intensive) hacks. Again, boggled. :D

Thank you all, CUP and otherwise, for not just keeping these alive and beautiful, but also helping newbies like me discover e.g. 8-year-old maps with lavishly detailed terrain elevations and aggravatingly exquisite winding mountain roads (Razani).

<snip>

• Like 1

I'm unfortunately not very familiar with Zeus so it's entirely possible I've missed some things needed for it. I'll get some of the other's input on it tomorrow, not sure about a hotfix though unless there are other big issues, but maybe a standalone PBO.

scope = 2;                          // 2 = class is available in the editor; 1 = class is unavailable in the editor, but can be accessed via a macro; 0 = class is unavailable (and used for inheritance only).
        scopeCurator = 2;                   // 2 = class is available in Zeus; 0 = class is unavailable in Zeus.
        scopeArsenal = 2;                   // 2 = class is available in the Virtual Arsenal; 0 = class is unavailable in the Virtual Arsenal.

Cheers man! Best wishes with the mod anyways.

Does the mentioned removal of placeholder configs account for things like roads and railway tracks not being placeable anymore? And if so, is it possible for an extra pbo to change that back, I found them really helpful for mission making.

On a different note, thanks for the extra space around the maps, Chernarus and Takistan are great with it.

Hey guys. I was wondering if the CUP team has had any contact with bushlurker who made the Carraigdubh Irish map? His last post said he was hoping to get it into Arma3 but that was over a year ago and I was wondering if you guys were helping him or if you had permissions to fix it up?

Would love to see that place in Arma3-reminds me of many a dull summer holiday-then the melding of my  life in Arma and the world outside my door would be complete ;)

• Like 2

Is the new lighting something that's catered to the discretion of the CUP team artistically, or are the values essentially ported over from BIS?

I guess I have some requests for how certain desert maps look but obviously if the CUP doesn't control the actually 'look and feel,' I don't want to request something that's out of the team's hands.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a torrent for the CUP Complete file? I can't download it at all because the file is so large it keeps failing and then I have to start again. A torrent would work though.

Is the new lighting something that's catered to the discretion of the CUP team artistically, or are the values essentially ported over from BIS?

I guess I have some requests for how certain desert maps look but obviously if the CUP doesn't control the actually 'look and feel,' I don't want to request something that's out of the team's hands.

The lighting was tweaked by metalcraze and is not fully done. We know about the desert terrains being a bit too saturated/bright.

Hey guys. I was wondering if the CUP team has had any contact with bushlurker who made the Carraigdubh Irish map? His last post said he was hoping to get it into Arma3 but that was over a year ago and I was wondering if you guys were helping him or if you had permissions to fix it up?

Would love to see that place in Arma3-reminds me of many a dull summer holiday-then the melding of my  life in Arma and the world outside my door would be complete ;)

I sent him a link to your post ;)

Now we wait.

• Like 1

@CUP

Excellent job guys. ;)

The only issue i can find so far is one i reported a while back regarding everything vanishing (trees, grass buildings etc) when about a metre inside the entrance of the high rise building, then reappears when almost out the door. Something i can live with but thought i'd point it out.

Many thanks for your hard work, appreciated!  ;)

Still have issue with mission on dedicated linux server:

One mission with both CUP building, CUP units and vanilla units (all units as playable not player).

modset:

cup_terrain_complete,

cup_units,

cup_weapons,

cup_vehicles.

the bug: We can't see slots in loby (only on linux, work fine in local).

Logs:

1:41:14 Mission TEST-CUP.Takistan read from bank.
1:41:14 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class CampEast no longer exists
1:41:14 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item1.type: Vehicle class CampEastC no longer exists
1:41:14 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item2.type: Vehicle class Land_tent_east no longer exists
1:41:14 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item3/Entities/Item0.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_US_Soldier no longer exists
1:41:14 Warning Message: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\mission.sqm/Mission/Entities/Item3/Entities/Item2.type: Vehicle class CUP_B_GER_Soldier no longer exists
1:41:14 Missing addons detected:
1:41:14   CUP_Buildings_Config
1:41:14   CUP_Misc3_Config
1:41:14   CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy
1:41:14   CUP_Creatures_Military_Germany
1:41:14 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.CUP_Buildings_Config, CUP_Misc3_Config, CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy, CUP_Creatures_Military_Germany
1:41:14 Mission TEST-CUP.Takistan: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

All the mods are loaded, it's seem that all missing addons have connection with all object that bug the mission.

CUP_Buildings_Config => all buildings?

CUP_Creatures_Military_USArmy => US units  (note that CUP_Creatures_People_Military_USArmy is present in cup_units)

CUP_Creatures_Military_Germany => German units  (note that CUP_Creatures_People_Military_Germany is present in cup_units)

Great job on quick release guys but I think colours are oversaturated. While it may be ok with desert maps Chernarus looks rather unrealistic.  

Still have issue with mission on dedicated linux server:

Did you make sure all pbo's are rename to all lowercase ?

Great job on quick release guys but I think colours are oversaturated. While it may be ok with desert maps Chernarus looks rather unrealistic.  

Have a read of 6 posts above yours..

• Like 2

Has there been any word on those new buildings that one of the CUP guys was working on for ARMA 1/ARMA 2 maps? He was making a load of them enterable and what not.

Great update !

Thanks for your work !

:292:

• Like 2

The lighting was tweaked by metalcraze and is not fully done. We know about the desert terrains being a bit too saturated/bright.

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1490

• Like 3

How come the grass on Chernarus and other European maps now use Altis grass? I like the Chernarussian grass better - it makes the terrain more unique

Takistan buildings and their configs were not changed with the last update.

So, I'm the only 1 that hears sloshing when walking in Taki buildings?  JSRS problem?

Sloshing?AS in like you are walking through water? Are you running the new JSRS?The one released yesterday?I'm about to turn on arma-i'll check it out.

Hey all,

I have a query for the thread. My unit was testing are takistan alive deployment map and we are getting the loud obnoxious bird noises(loud enough that we cant  hear vehicles or gunfire.) that usually accompanied  N'ziwasogo. We have tested them with all the CUP maps and we are getting the same results with birds being present. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing these same issues or if there is a mod conflict that we are running into since the 1.60 update.

Thanks.

EDIT: Found the problem is with 29 Palms map. So it is not a CUP problem

Hi guys!

Great job!

I am getting an error message after updating the terrain pack when firing rifles (see link), does anyone have any idea what may cause it?

Also, the shader issues does not seem to have been fix for Chernarus and Takistan -am I the only having this issue?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwi3IlAxnsRvOFlYMFZwTnp0SE0

Any help would be very much appreciated!

open?id=0Bwi3IlAxnsRvOFlYMFZwTnp0SE0