CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Are the bug tracker and website down? For bug tracker browsers instantly state "We can’t connect to the server at bugs.cup-arma3.org." and website is just loading indefinitely. I was about to point out how none of this helps and direct this argument fella to the bug tracker but well, that plan fell flat.

2 hours ago, Janez said:

Are the bug tracker and website down? For bug tracker browsers instantly state "We can’t connect to the server at bugs.cup-arma3.org." and website is just loading indefinitely. I was about to point out how none of this helps and direct this argument fella to the bug tracker but well, that plan fell flat.

The bug tracker is on dev.cup-arma3.org. Website works for me.

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

The bug tracker is on dev.cup-arma3.org. Website works for me.

OK, today the website decided to work for me too. Well, there you have it then guys, https://dev.cup-arma3.org/.

@Alwarren, you may want to change the link in OP then since that's where I got it from.

Take care!

• Like 1

Hi, I notice that the new CUP Terrains - Maps 2.0 mod only had a dependency on CUP Terrains - Core, but for CUP Terrains - CWA, it also require CUP Terrains - Maps.

So I wanna ask, does CWA really use some assets from CUP Terrains - Maps?

CUPREP #0015: New Terrains Core Release 1.17.0

Greetings,

Today we bring another update to the Terrains core package that contains shiny and slighly rusty new assets to play with! All of these assets that have been created from scratch are being used on Chernarus 2020 in our Maps 2.0 package, but are also usable by third party terrain makers as part of terrains core.

Firstly an above ground military bunker garage which was modelled and donated to the team by artist Dmitry Yuri and then textured by @-ben- makes it't way into the pack, hopefully being the first of a set of military bunker style objects.

20210221182830_1.jpg

Following that @-ben- has also made a set of three Mezzanine style warehouses, all with individual interiors which come in two variants; a version with company markings and/or custom made grafitti and "clean" versions with no markings on to allow for more repetitious or generic placement.

Finally on the new asset front is a brand new Tenement building intended as both a replacement and alternative to the classic Panelak models. The Tenement is a six story building with five floors of apartments all with modelled interiors and roof access. These assets have been used extensively in some of the new areas of Chernarus 2020 which is also part of this CUP-Date see the Maps 2.0 thread for details.

In addition to new assets, some of the existing A2 assets have had some minor improvments made to them. A number of smaller "prop" objects have had their textures upscaled with a new AI upscaler algorithm making the textures clearer and sharper. Also the Office building, often known incorrectly as a school has had a retexture and some more of the rooms in that building are now accessible to players. Also a handful of buildings typically found on Sahrani have been retextured as well.

20210908134510_1.jpg

As always changelogs for all our packages can be found on our website and included with the download, and bugs should be reported on our feedback tracker!

This is all for this CUPDate, have a great day!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

CUPDATE release 1.17.1

We're in the process of releasing a new CUPDATE for CUP Terrains Core. The update is mostly big fixes, all changes are laid out in the Changelogs on our web site.

The most notable change is the update of the Dust effects to the new Arma 3 standards, several view geometry and LOD fixes, and some internal changes.

The web site should have already been updated at the time of writing, with the Workshop coming RSN.

Enjoy. We wish all Arma 3 users a Happy New Year.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Is there anywhere to download this, other than the steam workshop?

Your Google drive link is no longer valid

2 hours ago, bigshot said:

Is there anywhere to download this, other than the steam workshop?

Your Google drive link is no longer valid

The links on this page? https://www.cup-arma3.org/download

They are working for me (I tried 3 of the gdrive links).

@AZCoder Yes, it's working now though...earlier tonight it was complaining that too many had downloaded the file. So I guess there's a cap in place. They must have lifted the cap now.

At first I thought that over-bright vegetation in the old cup terrains could not be remedied, and that we would have to get used to the blown out greens that Apex/Tanoa update has brought.

But seeing that many of the broken textures have been fixed, all that remained was to find a solution for the blown out green saturation.

I also thought that Recolor mod is a lazy band-aid. But fiddling more and more with it, I have managed to tone down those greens to the point of Arma 2.

Seeing that many members of the community play with fluorescent colors, I felt the need to share my Chernarus color preset with the community.

Here is the comparison before and after. Here is the preset.

Recolor being a known mod, this is nothing new.

But achieving a desired goal was a great revelation for me. (it took a few weeks)

Cup's hard work is greatly appreciated especially with the new 2.0 terrain(s).

It is saddening to see a decline in player numbers and servers using legacy terrains.

Thank you.