CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

A little suggestion regarding "Target E" object (classnames: TargetE, cwa_TargetE, TargetE_EP1). Currently this will be destroyed after a large number of hits (around 35), and when "dead" it falls to it's side. I don't remember how they behaved in Arma 1 and Arma 2, but current behaviour is inconsistent with both Arma 3 targets (which are indestructible, and fall back after one shot to pop up few seconds later - with exception of Simple Target which seems to be just indestructible) and A:CWA/OFP TargetE (which "dies" and falls back after 3 shots). Having them work like either A3 targets, or CWA target would make them quite useful for various drills/training missions.

Also another variant of this object (TargetTraining classname) seems to have wrong destrType, as it produces a small explosion when "dead".

Some new modular platform objects coming within the next release of Terrains Core that will be available to terrain makers for third party terrains. 

Pieces include a base block, an angle block, 20 and 30 degree stairs and a wall section intended for the block. These pieces should allow for fairly flexible platform shapes to be created to further place objects on. There is a chance of further objects being added to these if the need arises on Chernarus 2020, which is what they were made for. 

QDK3Pq3.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone.

I wanted to know if it's possible and allowed to retexture CUP's buildings? And if yes, how can I find out the hiddenselections (or do buildings even use hiddenselections?).

Have a fine day

Schraxt

CUPREP #0014: New Terrains Core Release 1.16.0

Greetings,

Today we bring an update to the Terrains Core package which for the first time in a while has some brand new toys inside! In support of the work on Chernarus 2020 in our Maps 2.0 package, some completely new buildings have been created and are now available for terrain and mission makers alike to use in their projects and scenarios.

First up is the new school models, built from the ground up by @-ben- it is the first set of new assets in CUP Terrains that are modular, meaning they can be aranged in different configurations to create seperate unique layouts in different instances on a map. Currently there are 14 different modules that should allow for a variety of overall building shapes and layouts. It is possible that further down the line more modules will be added, so if you have an idea for a layout or notice a type of piece that is missing feel free to note that down in this thread. There are examples of these buildings on the new update for Chernarus 2020, but they are also avialable in the editor for you to look at as well. 

In addition to the school modules, there are also some new platform structures as well. These are of more use to terrain makers in allowing them to create flat elevated locations to usually urban areas, at the moment the pieces consist of a platform, corner, wall, low stairs and high stairs pieces. As with the school modules they are also available in the editor, but mission makers should be wary that it is unlikely AI will play nice with these pieces.

Some other highlights for this release include some newly opened up industrial buildings, notably the Myln 03 and 04 buildings as well as a retexture of a few commonly used Arma 1 era structures that were also able to be bundled into this update.

20200428164909_1.jpg

Also squeezed in were some fixes and tweaks to the castle objects and some bug fixes for a couple of the maps in the original Terrains Maps pack.

As always changelogs for all our packages can be found on our website and included with the download, and bugs should be reported on our feedback tracker!

This is all for this CUPDate, have a great day!

CUP Team

• Like 18
  • Thanks 8

On 1/2/2020 at 1:43 PM, -ben- said:

The short answer is maybe. I have done some measuring and it might be possible to fit Utes within the existing map confines, but as Chairborne said placing it several KM off the coast so there is a large distance between them is not possible without effectively reversing the heightmap resolution increases that i have put in to the new version.

So according to the pmc editing site, the bi chernarus map has a grid size of 2048, and a cell size of 7.5m.

Altis increases the grid size to 4096, with the same cell size (7.5m).

https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:terrain:grid-cell-size

Would it not be possible to take chernarus, and increase the gridsize to 4096, and allow for a map 4x as big with the same detail? 

The old chernarus heightmap goes into the north west quadrant, and in the south east quadrant, you could put an entirely new island (sahrani, perhaps?), no?

8 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Would it not be possible to take chernarus, and increase the gridsize to 4096, and allow for a map 4x as big with the same detail? 

The question isn't "is it possible", the question is more "who is going to do it". Right now there are no plans for that.

• Like 4

Thanks to all who do this. I love editing on them, I don't/haven't published them in quite awhile but I still love doing it and the CUP maps are great to work with. I can always find what I'm looking for. Wanted to thank in both places.

• Like 3

I don't know when they were added, but I just discovered all of the CUP prepareded props like Field HQs, Fuel Depots, Camps, etc etc. Wow. Thank you so much for these! Really makes life easier 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but the big apartment buildings such as Land_Panelak3_Grey have their z center set in the middle of their model.   It makes it so when they are moved up to the proper height when they are destroyed the rubble pile is in the air.   I believe all of the Panelak3 objects are affected.

Pmau0hb.png

• Like 2

Hello CUP team

When using CUP terrains complete i am unable to attach flags to vehicles.They appear but they are textureless and static.

this forceFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_red_CO.paa";

Running this through a vehicle init to test.

1 hour ago, Mr_john1 said:

I have a problem with sun lighting, there is no sun and sun lighting on Takistan and on some other maps, it's like always an overcast weather. Anyone knows solution?

http://imgur.com/a/mhVOW

Are you running any other mod besides CUP? If so, please remove them and try again with only CUP loaded.

2 hours ago, Mr_john1 said:

I have a problem with sun lighting, there is no sun and sun lighting on Takistan and on some other maps, it's like always an overcast weather. Anyone knows solution?

http://imgur.com/a/mhVOW

Sullen Skies will do that.

To be fair Sullen Skies also offers decent amounts of sunlight, even on Takistan when Overcast is set to 0%...

Spoiler

zaeL3o8.png

7UvcFyT.png

3 hours ago, Mr_john1 said:

Try setting your Overcast values to 0%, the image you posted looks like vanilla Takistan with Overcast set to 100%

• Like 1

This happens to me on the CUP maps whenever I have the newer Sangin or the Scottish Highlands maps in the active mods list.

13 hours ago, banky said:

This happens to me on the CUP maps whenever I have the newer Sangin or the Scottish Highlands maps in the active mods list.

IIRC both of these have Sullen Skies built in, but that shouldn't affect other maps ...

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

IIRC both of these have Sullen Skies built in, but that shouldn't affect other maps ...

Scottish Highlands does, Sangin doesn't. And your right, Sullen Skies makes small tweaks to an individual maps config and should have no bearing on other maps loaded. 

This happens when a terrain is overwriting the base world class from Arma2 with pre lighting update.

As CUP Terrains restores backwards compatibility for A2 maps, it provides a fixed CfgWorld class, but if an addon overwrites this base class with unfixed Arma2 config values, the light breaks for all other maps relying on our fixed.

This is not a CUP Terrains problems, but a problem of other terrains/addons loading outdated config values and overwriting A2 base classes (which is not needed for a standalone terrain released for Arma3).

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

So basically there is no fix for that bug? I have no sun on Clafghan also.

• Confused 1

sorry, but i hate this double first floor, really, its looking terribly. When i see his, i want to quit game

20210506192252_1.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, argument said:

sorry, but i hate this double first floor, really, its looking terribly. When i see his, i want to quit game

Don't let free stuff stop you from quitting the game.

• Like 6

Honestly, the nerve of some people.