CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

On 12/15/2019 at 12:44 AM, CUP said:

The weekly updated public dev build of "Chernarus 2020" can be found on our workshop page, as well as on our Website http://cup-arma3.org/

Glad to see an improved version of Chernarus being released :don12:

Could you please tell where exactly on your website it could be found?

I don't see the map being available on your download page.

Does anybody happen to know the classname for this building?....

JCksLFX.jpg

All I could get is 1026274,powlines_transformer2.ped, Tried Land_Powlines_Transformer2 on the off chance, but it didn't work.

2 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@DPM

Try running

typeof cursorobject

in the debug console while looking at it

Yeah it gives empty quote marks where the name should be, I also used..

onEachFrame {hintSilent str [typeOf cursorObject, cursorObject]};

...which gave me ["",1026274,powlines_transformer2.ped] with the same empty quotes. But thanks all the same.

Looking for it now it appears that there infact isn't a class available for it. It can be spawned using createSimpleObject and feeding it a direct path however. I can see why that is in inconvenient however, feel free to make a ticket on the bugtracker.

I'm loving the idea of Chernarus updated with Livonia assets, but what would be be far the most awesome would be a combined Chernarus+Utes map with Utes ~16 km offshore (so ones doesn't take off and immediately be within SAM range of ground sams based on Chernarus).

• Like 5

Happy new year! 🤠

On 12/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, Ex3B said:

I'm loving the idea of Chernarus updated with Livonia assets, but what would be be far the most awesome would be a combined Chernarus+Utes map with Utes ~16 km offshore (so ones doesn't take off and immediately be within SAM range of ground sams based on Chernarus).

Dont tell me about it, when i first looked at the A3 terrain tools i hoped tiling terrains together would've been possible but the old limitations still apply unfortunately.

• Like 10

Sterling work on those interiors. :rthumb:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chairborne said:

Happy new year! 🤠

Dont tell me about it, when i first looked at the A3 terrain tools i hoped tiling terrains together would've been possible but the old limitations still apply unfortunately.

Hmmm, I don't know anything about porting and modifying terrains (only porting and modifying arma 2 assets and very simple retextures).

I don't know what limitations you speak of, but I will take your word for it.

I saw this abandoned version (chernarus 2035) https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1113631358

and hoped for something like that with Utes placed farther away.

It seems bigger than the original chernarus... So I thought it would be a simple increase of grid size, and copy and paste of the utes terrain. Its a pity that its not like that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Hmmm, I don't know anything about porting and modifying terrains (only porting and modifying arma 2 assets and very simple retextures).

I don't know what limitations you speak of, but I will take your word for it.

I saw this abandoned version (chernarus 2035) https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1113631358

It seems bigger than the original chernarus... So I thought it would be a simple increase of grid size, and copy and paste of the utes terrain. Its a pity that its not like that

You cannot do that (placing another chunk of terrain so far away) without needing a new heightmap and losing substantial detail on your terrain.

How are the height maps stored? I've only played with terrain height maps for a different game, Kerbal Space Program, in which the height maps for the planets/moons are stored as greyscale images (black = lowest terrain, white = highest terrain), is this how it works for Arma? is there a height map resolution limit? I guess if there's a resolution limit, then increasing the size leads to that terrain detail loss that you describe.

Yea its either in greyscale or in .xyz format, dunno if there's more solutions now as it's been a while since i tinkered with them, but if you make a terrain bigger and bigger you'll end up losing detail.

19 hours ago, Ex3B said:

The short answer is maybe. I have done some measuring and it might be possible to fit Utes within the existing map confines, but as Chairborne said placing it several KM off the coast so there is a large distance between them is not possible without effectively reversing the heightmap resolution increases that i have put in to the new version. 

So if Utes was to be put into Cherno 2020, it would be another island like Skalisty Island. I.E fairly close and at the very least a short boat ride away. However it is not particularly high up on my priority list to even consider properly let alone actually implement which is a complex task within it'self. There are other improvement and new content that i want to get started on first.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sanya said:

What is this meant to say exactly?

Nice work CUPs :)

i once saw a pic of multicam US ARMY with the new uniform and also for ACU.  I cant find them in the new updates.  I am currently using cupdev with latest update.  I also repair the mod via STEAM.

have they been releases yet?

thanks

3 hours ago, rangerskull said:

Nice work CUPs 🙂

i once saw a pic of multicam US ARMY with the new uniform and also for ACU.  I cant find them in the new updates.  I am currently using cupdev with latest update.  I also repair the mod via STEAM.

have they been releases yet?

thanks

this thread is for terrains only, the one you're looking for is this:

anyhow no, they're not in, unfortunately last i heard the person who was working on it lost all their data and those uniforms cannot be retreived. 😥

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chairborne said:

What is this meant to say exactly?

Guy at the video spent about 2 hours on the roof of this house being in an ambush and after was just teleported through the wall under the fire.

I mean what this house need to rework.

The model is fine, there's probably some weird script running in the background or its just the game doing this stuff. Not our problem. 😀

14 hours ago, Chairborne said:

The model is fine, there's probably some weird script running in the background or its just the game doing this stuff. Not our problem. 😀

This is a long-known bug in this building.

Spoiler

On 1/12/2020 at 3:35 AM, Sanya said:

Cannot reproduce. Not an issue with that wall in this model. 

17 hours ago, Sanya said:

Guy at the video spent about 2 hours on the roof of this house being in an ambush and after was just teleported through the wall under the fire.

I mean what this house need to rework.

Was that so difficult? Why post a video and not what the heck is wrong?

I thought at the video will be clearly visible why in general the author created this video.