CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Why does the winter surface squish rather than crunch?

10 hours ago, Sanya said:

Why does the winter surface squish rather than crunch?

Temperature is above zero degree celsius :f:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, audiocustoms said:

And I'm not finished with the new sounds...

New sound, who dis?!

Just a question about some of the building models that are within the CWA terrains (Nogova) but are not accessible in the eden editor. I uploaded links  to screenshots of the buildings. 

https://imgur.com/t0Lbcsk

https://imgur.com/YyEG9Os

The classnames are:  "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy02", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy03", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy04", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy05", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy06", "Land_cwa_olezlina"

I used these models a lot in the editor in ARMA 2 and I personally think they are some of the best models I have come across in ARMA that resemble UK houses,  there aren't so many UK styled buildings in ARMA.

I'd just like to know if it were possible to make these accessible in the eden editor along with the other CWA buildings, obviously if it were a time consuming, complicated task with the potential risk of creating errors like it often is with these things, especially in a very large mod, then 'no', but if it happened to be something quick, easy and without risk of errors, then it would be great to access these buildings in eden.

It is quite simple to spawn theses buildings via script onto a flat area of ground on a map using a game logic or any object. Unfortunately, from my experience if I'm trying to spawn a building onto a specific plot which previously had a building I wish to replace, then it becomes a very time consuming and frustrating task as they won't spawn where I need them to. The other way, which is much easier I've found to access these buildings in the editor is to install the needed pbos from the ARMA2 CWR2 mod, which works but returns error messages and creates a dependency on this mod which is certainly not wanted, and it's a shame to do this because the buildings are already there in CWA. 

Thanks for any consideration.

Hey guys,

The South Asia map i have ported has to be ran standalone.I am interested in making the terrain CUP compatible but had troubles with the Dummy entries for the TKOH files.Iam currently trying to get someone to help with creating a new folder/pbo to contain the runway piece files.If anyone from CUP team would like to contact me in regards to working around the conflicts with the dummy entries and to possibly include South Asia in CUP.A standalone version is still appreciated by many so any help from your team continuing that would also be greatly appreciated.

By just now visiting this thread i have found out that I am using the CUP terrains Complete version and it is outdated.Iam going to dload the latest CUP files and see how the south asia map conflicts (without the Roads_E.pbo installed).

• Like 1

It won't be necessary to list those buildings in the editor. I just discovered a quick and easy way to spawn objects directly into the editor using a code with 'create3DENEntity' put into the debug console. Thanks anyways.

• Like 1

Slightly delayed, (and mainly because Chairborne forgot), but CUP Terrains has also updated with the latest CUPDate. Now at V1.12

Compared to the last release for Terrains; which mainly focused around building source projects for all our terrains for some upcoming projects, this release is very small and mostly focuses on small fixes to maps.

Most notable fixes include: The vegetation has been restored to Southern Sahrani and a few missing runway pieces have been replaced. There were also minor improvements to road placement across most maps. 

As always a full changelog can be found here: http://cup-arma3.org/download

Before i conclude, i humbly make a brief call to arms;

As eluded to in the previous Christmas release of terrains, we have plans in the works for future projects in CUP Terrains and as a result we are on the hunt for experienced 3D artists. We are reworking a lot of the CUP Terrains and need hands that can (re)model, texture and configure building models, also people who like to edit terrains. Capabilities to improve existing content are just as appealing as people whom can create original content.  

What do you get:

- A lot of #350

- Unnecessary Tags, mostly when you sleep

- No fame

- A lot of shitstorms why the mods are so big

What you seriously get:

- All the above

- Access to a metric ton of data and information

- A wide range of useful contacts to Legends of the Armaverse

What you are working on: - Whatever you want, whenever you want... you know within reason. 

Did we catch your interest? Visit us on our discord for more information! https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yIGLBk1

Until next time, bye for now!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, -ben- said:

As eluded to in the previous Christmas release of terrains, we have plans in the works for future projects in CUP Terrains and as a result we are on the hunt for experienced 3D artists. We are reworking a lot of the CUP Terrains and need hands that can (re)model, texture and configure building models, also people who like to edit terrains. Capabilities to improve existing content are just as appealing as people whom can create original content.  

I have no talent, but I can donate money.  Would that help?

• Like 2

Money doesn't make models magically appear unfortunately. Thank you for the sentiment though. 🙂

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but are there any plans to use the Livonia assets to overhaul Chernarus and other A2 maps that use the same or similar assets? 🤔

On 2/18/2019 at 5:52 AM, Whirlybirds said:

Just a question about some of the building models that are within the CWA terrains (Nogova) but are not accessible in the eden editor. I uploaded links  to screenshots of the buildings. 

https://imgur.com/t0Lbcsk

https://imgur.com/YyEG9Os

The classnames are:  "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy02", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy03", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy04", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy05", "Land_cwa_dum_patrovy06", "Land_cwa_olezlina"

I used these models a lot in the editor in ARMA 2 and I personally think they are some of the best models I have come across in ARMA that resemble UK houses,  there aren't so many UK styled buildings in ARMA.

I'd just like to know if it were possible to make these accessible in the eden editor along with the other CWA buildings, obviously if it were a time consuming, complicated task with the potential risk of creating errors like it often is with these things, especially in a very large mod, then 'no', but if it happened to be something quick, easy and without risk of errors, then it would be great to access these buildings in eden.

It is quite simple to spawn theses buildings via script onto a flat area of ground on a map using a game logic or any object. Unfortunately, from my experience if I'm trying to spawn a building onto a specific plot which previously had a building I wish to replace, then it becomes a very time consuming and frustrating task as they won't spawn where I need them to. The other way, which is much easier I've found to access these buildings in the editor is to install the needed pbos from the ARMA2 CWR2 mod, which works but returns error messages and creates a dependency on this mod which is certainly not wanted, and it's a shame to do this because the buildings are already there in CWA. 

Thanks for any consideration.

Just a quick tip, from Eden you can place any building if you have the classname. Open the debug console and enter:

create3DENEntity ["Object","Land_cwa_dum_patrovy02",screenToWorld [0.5,0.5]];

You can then manipulate it in Eden like any other object. Change the classname as required!

Edited by cyruz
Updated example to use screenToWorld for easier use
  • Like 2

Can anyone give me the quick and dirty script to make it snow on maps that are not officially supported by CUP terrains?

For example I know on Charnarus Winter all I have to do is make it overcast and rainy and it will automatically make it snow instead of rain.

But I'd like to also make it snow on maps like Abramia or Namalsk. Can anyone tell me what script or piece of code I need to use to make it so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rekkless said:

Can anyone tell me what script or piece of code I need to use to make it so. 

Hello there rekkless !

You can have a check if you like here :

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there rekkless !

You can have a check if you like here :

Thanks for the script but I'm looking for the default CUP Terrains snow script, the one that works by default on Chernarus Winter as it doesn't have much affect on FPV and performance on a large scale mission.

• Like 1

Hey @rekkless

iirc I asked that question in the CUP Discord and the answer was that this is only possible through the config of the terrain. 
I'd guess the terrain would need to inherit the weather stuff from Chernarus Winter. 

How that would work I sadly don't know!

Many Greetings
Moony

I have done this for the Pecher map using the config method to inherit CUP snow effects. Unfortunately the PC with that mini-mod is down at the moment ... either blown CPU because I'm an idiot, or a CMOS reset might fix it. So I can provide it either soon or in a week :face_palm:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is no script but a replacement for the normal rain effect. Thus it can only be archieved by config.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

It is no script but a replacement for the normal rain effect. Thus it can only be archieved by config.

Awe that's a shame.

is it complicated is it something I can put into my mission? or is it more of a config that need to be incorporated into the mod itself?

6 hours ago, rekkless said:

Awe that's a shame.

is it complicated is it something I can put into my mission? or is it more of a config that need to be incorporated into the mod itself?

It's basically a mod, easy to put together. I would gladly show you, but I did fry my board. I might have it rebuilt in a day or two, tight schedule with PAX Seattle this weekend.

• Like 1

dump config/config view: class Rain in the world class

• Like 1

14 hours ago, .kju said:

dump config/config view: class Rain in the world class

It would be very good to have an extra addon about it !

• Like 1