CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

8 hours ago, john85oc said:

Me and my Unit used CUP Terrains Complete  Version 1.3.0 and i see the Maps and Core have update have, comes the Update for the Complet Verion too?

We got rid of the "Complete" release more than two years ago because it was just a repack of Core+Maps and a lot of people were too confused about what they should use.

Just replace "Complete" with Core 1.11.2 and Maps 1.11.1 and you are up-to-date.

• Like 3

Dear CUP-developers,
Thank you so kindly for the entire effort of Winter Chernarus being brought about.

But is it already known that the Takistan map (the big one atleast) now has snowy white segments of roads?
Most obvious case of such is around the Rasman and Loy Manara airfields, where intersections and crossroads are situated.

But it also goes on around most intersections and crossroads on Takistan map when zooming in to those via 3den editor, and in actual preview itself.
Would someone please be so kind as to consider having a look into it? Thank you very much, it would be appreciated whenever a fix for it comes around.

And yes, normally I would open a ticket for on the cup-website, but I am just curious if this is already known or not, hence why I posted this here.
But thanks again for all the wonderful work done so far. It's awesome! And apologies beforehand for potentially sounding rude here..

37 minutes ago, Rovka said:

But is it already known that the Takistan map (the big one atleast) now has snowy white segments of roads?
Most obvious case of such is around the Rasman and Loy Manara airfields, where intersections and crossroads are situated.

Checked a clean install of A3 and CUP terrains and I can't find any snowy roads on Takistan?

Do you by accident loaded CUP Terrains Core 1.11.X with an old version of CUP Terrains Maps (<=1.4.x)

18 hours ago, davidoss said:

Hi.

Is there any reason why there are missing entry  "description"  in your   terrains configs?

A quick fix  to get rid of these error pop-ups:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Za4DQ-c8I91P7ktekJsdmP8UhciFueo8/view?usp=sharing

There are no missing descriptions...?

Having just opened the configs on three different maps, i can see the description parameter, and the relevant map name in each of them. 

12:40:01 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Abel.description'.
12:40:01 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
12:40:02 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Desert_Island.description'.
12:40:02 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
12:40:02 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/fata.description'.
12:40:02 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

These messages are also displayed in game

• Like 2

The first two are CWA maps, and maintenance of those are somewhat tricky.

The third entry is the map Fata, which is not a CUP map.

I just required CUP core  and from last update i need to use cup terrains too. 

If fata are not in cup terains it is in cup core config

@edit

Im sorry ,wrong  topic indeed it is CUP terrains core.

• Like 1

Hello again CUP developers,

After some narrowing-down of one by one loading in addon-maps,
it turns out to be the 'South Asia 1.2' map by AnzacSas Steve was the cause of conflicting roads-stuff on my end.
No idea why though, possibly something with inheritage-crossover usage of road-systems?

Anyways, without the latter said map loaded in, it runs all fine without problems other then
some artifacts on Loy Manara airfield-entrance road. But thanks again for the help! :-)

Edit: But no more white segments of road-sections anymore. :-)

Edited by Rovka
forgot to mention something here..

21 hours ago, davidoss said:

Hi.

Is there any reason why there are missing entry  "description"  in your   terrains configs?

A quick fix  to get rid of these error pop-ups:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Za4DQ-c8I91P7ktekJsdmP8UhciFueo8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks davidoss !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

We got rid of the "Complete" release more than two years ago because it was just a repack of Core+Maps and a lot of people were too confused about what they should use.

Just replace "Complete" with Core 1.11.2 and Maps 1.11.1 and you are up-to-date.

Alright thank you

I am getting this error when starting my dedicated server.

Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Sounds_Config' requires addon 'CUP_Sounds_Data'

This has persisted through deleting the mods from the server and reinstalling them.

6 hours ago, Harvath.S said:

I am getting this error when starting my dedicated server.

Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Sounds_Config' requires addon 'CUP_Sounds_Data'

This has persisted through deleting the mods from the server and reinstalling them.

Sounds like your download was corrupted. Try redownloading.

16 hours ago, Rovka said:

No idea why though, possibly something with inheritage-crossover usage of road-systems?

I recently had to look at the SE Asia map because we had some other issues reported that turned out to be caused by the map. One of the things I saw is that it has a CARoadE CfgPatch, which is also used by CUP Terrain, which is probably the reason why the roads didn't work.

13 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Sounds like your download was corrupted. Try redownloading.

That fixed it. I had to delete it from the server and unsubscribe to wipe it from my PC as well.

Thank you much!

Happy new year to all.

I finally had the chance to dedicate some more time to this wonderful project. I was running CUP core with the CWA terrains, but they wouldn't show up. I had to run CUP complete in order to get them to use.

Thanks for all your hard work guys. It is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Hey guys, just a quick question.

If you open a fresh download of Cup Terrains Core 1.11.2 you have bisigns for both 1.11.2 and 1.11.1 inside. Is this intended to be so or just a little mistake?

Best Regards

Chaser

that is confusing, but okay then.

Thanks for answering :-)

I'd like to commend the CUP team on a very subtle, but very important change to the AK-74 that I have only recently noticed:  Setting the iron sights to 300 meters.

Well done.

Wrong board.  Sorry

17 hours ago, eh chaser said:

that is confusing, but okay then.

Maybe to elaborate a bit on this:

First we released a hotfix with new bisigns 1.11.1. later we noticed a bug that may prevent some server configurations from not starting, fixed this bug an increased the version number to 1.11.2 with new bisigns. As the change wasonly affecting a few servers, we decided to sign the updated package (the whole pack with all data including hotfix) with both bisigns so players that load the hotfixed package or are forced to update through SteamWS can still join servers with only 1.11.1 keys installed (so basically servers that ran perfectly fine and didn't needed the hotfix). Otherwise we would have prevented a lot of players to play on a lot of servers until those servers update to a hotfix they don't necessarily need in the first place.

TL;DR

> 10% of servers needed a second hotfix. Hotfix was resigned with 1.11.2 and uploaded to SteamWS, etc. Included 1.11.1 sign so players with hotfix can play on the >90% servers that didn't need the hotfix.

• Like 1

Can anyone link me the documentation or tell me how to make it snow on a non CUP Terrains map instead of having it rain.

Also can anyone tell what the FPS is like in Multiplayer with quite a few players on the server (over 15).

2 hours ago, rekkless said:

Can anyone link me the documentation or tell me how to make it snow on a non CUP Terrains map instead of having it rain.

Also can anyone tell what the FPS is like in Multiplayer with quite a few players on the server (over 15).

As an example, I did it for Thirsk winter in this file :
https://github.com/GdC-Framework/CPC_MapFix/blob/master/CPC_MapFix_SnowThirskW/config.cpp

You only need the CfgWorlds part and the part about the snowfall is :

#include "\CUP\Terrains\cup_terrains_weather\snowfall.hpp"

If you need further help you can join the CUP discord. :f:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey CUP team, there's already a ticket opened about no vegetation like trees or bushes on Southern Sahrani from last month so you might be already aware but I wanted to mention that the island is still "a bit bald" :turn: with the current 1.11.2 core version.

fQ1sAlU.jpg

54 minutes ago, krycek said:

Hey CUP team, there's already a ticket opened about no vegetation like trees or bushes on Southern Sahrani from last month so you might be already aware but I wanted to mention that the island is still "a bit bald" :turn: with the current 1.11.2 core version.

We are aware of it. It was an unlucky export error that is fixed with the next update. We don't want to push another hotfix for this, as we think Southern Sahrani is not used that often (looking at missions released for it) and hotfixing would cause more trouble than it solves. Sahrani and United Sahrani should be fully functional.

• Like 1

Got it, no prob I'll wait for the next update. Yeah I don't use it often unlike United Sahrani but it's good for Tropico style scenarios. :))