CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

For the record, these third-party terrains should now work properly with our new road system:

Caribou, daraisolas, Drago, ElephantIsland, GIMAP, GNT_Sands, everon2010, malden2010, nogova2010, Isle_van_den, gsep_mosch, mb_manaisland, Brik2, Pomegratskaya_w, Sbrodj, Yapal, OPX_RE, razoreniya, SampleMap, render, water, spritzisland, SHL_Heighland, skarikiska, tavi, watkins, Zedka, afghanistan, AfghanValley, Chimalpopoca, EtahPlateau, Faffindale, LoloNaia, HDT_island, fallujah, SALTBEACH, Sarve, tolafarush, uhao, cl_training, cmr_cicada, dbb_lampedusa, DBO_afghan, isla_del_jonas, gott_islands, Klurs_Land, kulima, LCCE_Island, LDDK_Isle, MAP_SSara, McNSaraLiteDryite, nevada_desert, Pomegrat, PMC_aec, PMC_desert_51km, PMC_desert_204km, PMC_oceanworld: PMC_desert_204km, PMC_mog, Japahto, Thirsk, ThirskW, ilhamarrom, Sakakah, SaraLiteDry2, yanutha, ACE_Everon, ACE_DES_Everon, ACE_ARMAWOOD_Everon, Antarctica, applegate_lake, bet_hurtgen, bet_hurtgensnow, bet_nomeisland, bet_snowisland, border, borderlite, FDF_Isle1_a, FDF_Isle1, ic_barbuda, cmr_ovaron, queshkibrul, Kolgujev2010, Lingor, winter_Sbrodj, plr_mana, Nicosia, belsebub03, Celle, isladuala, jadegroove, Panthera2, tropica, MBG_Kellu, clafghan, dbo_deluxe_terrain, Fayshkhabur, MCN_Aliabad, namalsk, tigeria, Tigeria_se, hellskitchen, torabora, TUP_Qom, usec_aoraki, testmap6, 2km_Test, 2kmx4m_Test, cindercity, Testfield, MBG_Nam, IsolaDiCapraia, Vostok, Vostok_w, esbekistan, MCN_HazarKot, Abbottabad, fata, praa_av, WL_Route191, necro, aiaktalik, crowe_desertisland, del_fuego, TKR, gsep_zernovo

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

For the record, these third-party terrains should now work properly with our new road system:

This is the best for this year and will be very usefull for the next year.

Thank you guys so much for your work.

• Like 1

So what does the new road system do? Just allow AI to actually use them to drive on?

Thanks for fixing the runways and precipitation. I said it before, but that snowfall is really nice :D

8 hours ago, ski2060 said:

So what does the new road system do? Just allow AI to actually use them to drive on?

It is simply the new tech that was introduced with Arma3.

We published a second (small) hotfix for Terrains Core (version 1.11.2) adding a PBO that were missed from packing the 1.11.1 hotfix and resigned all pbos.

All download mirrors are updated.

Everybody that downloaded Core between yesterday and today 1100 CET can download only the diff here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pcHqSKjYYGVj97540EuaHFJ5b0X6pECg (~100kb). 

Something messed up the requiredAddons section in the hotfix. Expect a hotfix for the hotfix of the hotfix :(

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Something messed up the requiredAddons section in the hotfix. Expect a hotfix for the hotfix of the hotfix :(

I can feel your guys pain on that but sometimes s*it happens. Thanks for the efforts

p.s. it will be nice if you share another delta download after hotfix is released

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daytrader said:

Thx for all your hard work on this.

Thanks but most work was done by @OfotViking managing the CI pipeline and pushing the hotfixes to steam and google.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been working on other stuff and only just had the chance to sneak into some winter chernarus today.

Darkened up the skies, threw in some snow and it was amazing!

Great job! Thanks for the hard work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering if there's a function that can be called to activate the snow falling down on other maps (on say Nogova for example), or is the snowfall baked into the configs? Thanks.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Thanks but most work was done by @OfotViking managing the CI pipeline and pushing the hotfixes to steam and google.

Sorry, i meant to say thx for all involved, have a happy new year all of you.

Happy New Year from Stary Sobor to everyone, especially all on the CUP Dev Team. It's been a great year for the mods!

Winter_Chernarus.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I was wondering if there's a function that can be called to activate the snow falling down on other maps (on say Nogova for example), or is the snowfall baked into the configs? Thanks.

Baked into config but there it is available for other terrain makers. I know that some are already updating their terrains with the CUP snow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year or as we are saying here "a l'an que ven".

Thanks to all the CUP team for the continuous work to help our islands and terrains stay alive.

Since last release, all my small terrains island have get Utes Asph3 road network.

I tend to think it's because for not so good reasons [I must say now that kju was quite right] there is an Utes dependency in the config.cpp file such as :

class CfgWorlds {
    class CAWorld;    // External class reference

class Utes : CAWorld {
        class DefaultClutter;    // External class reference
        class Grid;    // External class reference
        class DayLightingBrightAlmost;    // External class reference
    };

class BearRocks_w : Utes {
        cutscenes[] = {""};
        author = "Old Bear";
        description = "Bear Rocks Winter";

I don't remember well how to tweak the config.cpp in order to get rid of the dependency.

So I will be grateful to have some help on this point.

Edited by oldbear
I am not really a bear, but feeling often like an old one now

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

Happy New Year or as we are saying here "a l'an que ven".

Thanks to all the CUP team for the continuous work to help our islands and terrains stay alive.

Since last release, all my small terrains island have get Utes Asph3 road network.

I tend to think it's because for not so good reasons [I must say now that kju was quite right] there is an Utes dependency in the config.cpp file such as :

class CfgWorlds {
    class CAWorld;    // External class reference

class Utes : CAWorld {
        class DefaultClutter;    // External class reference
        class Grid;    // External class reference
        class DayLightingBrightAlmost;    // External class reference
    };

cutscenes[] = {""};
        author = "Old Bear";

I don't remember well how to tweak the config.cpp in order to get rid of the dependency.

So I will be grateful to have some help on this point.

Hello. It should be enough to add "newRoadsShape = "";" in class BearRocks_w.

cutscenes[] = {""};
    author = "Old Bear";
	newRoadsShape = "";

@oldbear Exactly what sparfell said. I wasn't aware of your terrains and their Utes dependency or otherwise I would have fixed them with a config patch in the last terrain hotfix. Of course it is even better if you fix it yourself in your own config. Personally I think making a terrain dependent on another terrain is a potential risk as the inherited terrains can always add or remove new entries that are not wanted for the derived terrain. But nevertheless deriving from a terrain config is the fastest and easiest way.

1 hour ago, HBAOplus said:

Hi, does the CUPversion Chernarus winter need this Footstep Sound Fix?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=918896395

I have footsteps on winter chernarus. They are not perfect but a good compromise.

I can also say, that our talented @audiocustoms is working on a completly new (recorded) set of winter sounds for the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I have footsteps on winter chernarus. They are not perfect but a good compromise.

I can also say, that our talented @audiocustoms is working on a completly new (recorded) set of winter sounds for the next update.

Okay, thanks for informing us:don8:

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the help.

It works on BearRocks Winter still unreleased Arma2 island.

qfKRacDh.jpg

As it was last night just outside home, as I went to get water for a cup of tea.

Edited by oldbear
English is not my maternal language, but you already know that
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

Happy new Year to all of you.

I have a ask, maybe i am not up to date with the knowing about CUP Terrains

Me and my Unit used CUP Terrains Complete  Version 1.3.0 and i see the Maps and Core have update have, comes the Update for the Complet Verion too?