CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Uh... the new winter stuff has created a dependency between Core and Maps... i.e. core depends on maps.

This one of my servers is Altis. Previously I had Core for props. Received this fatal error after upload:

18:09:44 Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Terrains_Winter_Sounds' requires addon 'CUP_Chernarus_Winter_Data'

Adding Maps fixed the issue but really Core should not depend on Maps content 

• Thanks 1

Great job on the snow flakes as they fall down, looks really good, plus it was awesome to see snow falling instead of rain :)

• Like 3

Congrats on the CUPdate, have a good crimbo and hogmanay my dudes! :drinking2:

4 hours ago, Grahame said:

Uh... the new winter stuff has created a dependency between Core and Maps... i.e. core depends on maps.

This one of my servers is Altis. Previously I had Core for props. Received this fatal error after upload:

Adding Maps fixed the issue but really Core should not depend on Maps content 

I have to second this.  There should be no reason that MAPS has to be run on a server also.  There are maps out there with CORE as a dependency, and adding another couple gigs to my players for no reason is very irksome.
And now : Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Terrains_Abel' requires addon 'CUP_CWA_Signs

That right there is a pain in the ass.  We do not run any CWA maps, and there should be no dependency on CWA for MAPS or CORE to work properly.

You guys do great work, but really unexpected stuff there.

Edit the third:  @audiocustoms  That fix worked for me.  It removed the dependencies for both MAPS and CWA.
Thanks!

@ski2060 @Grahame

The winter sounds pbo was sheduled for a later update but somehow found it's way to the current build. To quickfix this, delete the "CUP_Terrains_Winter_Sounds.PBO" for now.

• Like 2

I have sound issues on my own A2 winter terrains [Vostok Winter & Winter BearRocks], as I am downloading CUP from the workshop, I don't clearly understand how I can try to disable "CUP_Terrains_Winter_Sounds.PBO" to do some tests.

Works now, great job.

Thanks to allow me to play all those terrains.

Edited by oldbear
I am not really a bear, but feeling treally old sometimes

can you guys not remove it from the update? It will be headache to explain how to find and delete the pbo to people :(
No, sorry.

Hotfix incoming, no ETA. Until then, easiest way is loading maps along with core, or deleting this file.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Varanon said:

No, sorry.

Hotfix incoming, no ETA. Until then, easiest way is loading maps along with core, or deleting this file.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, can confirm that loading Maps is the easiest solution at the moment.

Also, should have thanked the CUP Team for another fantastic update. Will be setting up a Winter Chernarus server pretty soon (was playing with it in Dev Branch). 

Very nice upgrade. Thank you for all the hard work and early Xmas present!!!

• Like 1

Hopefully this won't be considered to be breaking the rules on asking about releases in the future, if so I will remove, but I was wondering whether there was a future *intention* to release versions of the winter roads for use in Eden? (Hopefully I did not just miss them when I looked earlier)

8 hours ago, Grahame said:

Hopefully this won't be considered to be breaking the rules on asking about releases in the future, if so I will remove, but I was wondering whether there was a future *intention* to release versions of the winter roads for use in Eden? (Hopefully I did not just miss them when I looked earlier)

Hey, we moved away from the old legacy road system that dates back to Operation Flashpoint in favor of the new A3 shapefile road system. Thus there are no actual models of the roads, only textures. To save a bit in size we did not created models for the winter roads as they are not needed by the terrains anymore and that is why we can't make them available in the editor.

But if you really need them, you can make an addon with them yourself: Simply take the roads from A2 sample models and apply our winter road textures. Just a matter of a few hours.

• Like 1

I think what he means is if we plan to make the road pieces available in Eden, not as a separate addon.

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

I think what he means is if we plan to make the road pieces available in Eden, not as a separate addon.

I did but I now understand why they are not there. Shame but thanks for the workaround @NeoArmageddon There are only a limited subset I need for existing points of interest from my Chernarus map so I will grab the samples and adjust.

Thanks again

LOD problem with bushes:

@CUP Team I have a question.

If there would be a possibility in some future release you could make a modified version of Chernarus, with main airbase slightly modified? I mean airbase that is perhaps slightly enlarged, with ground vehicle motorpool/motorpools with hangars for them etc.? Also with fixed fences? Maybe using vanilla Arma3 military wall and these large fences, and make them without holes and damaged sections?

In general maybe more logical design of the main airbase? Other islands with fixed military bases would also be a nice thing.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

LOD problem with bushes:

Make an issue on the CUP Feedback Tracker, or it will get lost in discussions on this topic.

• Thanks 1

On 25/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, wld427 said:

Taxiways missing on Sahrani. 

Strange, that happened to some runway p3d only, but I have an idea for the reason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotzenplotz said:

Hello, here on the MSKE comes this error message. Thank you for your good and hard work.

MSKE

Already fixed in our repository and will be in a hotfix Soon™

• Like 4

What is about trees which upturn tanks?

At this video implement a spesial script to prevent upturning of the IFV.