CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Short answer is no, we are not allowed to. 

2 hours ago, Sanya said:

Forest in winter is not silent in windy weather. 

The forest sound video from Arma 2 .

Requires that there is actual wind, I don't know if wind wasn't set to zero in the video. Good point though, definitely should have a strong wind sound if wind is present.

hiho,

we recently experience a strange issue on summer chernarus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E48voP3ztII

this only happens on summer chernarus and all 20 people in that mission had that issue to some extend. the video was taken in spectator, but it was the same during the whole mission.

i just wanted to ask if that is a known issue and/or if someone else experienced it aswell.

if that is new i will try to reproduce and then post it in the bug tracker but i wanted to check first if it is somehow already known and maybe even fixed.

2 hours ago, b.a.verrecus said:

hiho,

this only happens on summer chernarus and all 20 people in that mission had that issue to some extend. the video was taken in spectator, but it was the same during the whole mission.

i just wanted to ask if that is a known issue and/or if someone else experienced it aswell.

if that is new i will try to reproduce and then post it in the bug tracker but i wanted to check first if it is somehow already known and maybe even fixed.

Make a ticket and i will try look into it.

On 27.10.2018 at 10:40 AM, b.a.verrecus said:

hiho,

I have seen this flickering before and in the past it was related to other maps or objects are not 100% compatible with CUP Terrains (terrains that have self ported A2 content that was not moved to other). If you are sure this is a bug with Summer Chernarus itself, please test it without other addons than CUP Terrains loaded.

3 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

I have seen this flickering before and in the past it was related to other maps or objects are not 100% compatible with CUP Terrains (terrains that have self ported A2 content that was not moved to other). If you are sure this is a bug with Summer Chernarus itself, please test it without other addons than CUP Terrains loaded.

that's why i haven't made a ticket in your bugtracker yet. i am not sure if it's a mod conflict and i haven't had time yet to do some testing. also it only seemed to appear if you changed your view distance and object view distance during the mission. i will test that as well next week.

CUP_Editor_A1_Roads_Config  is missing and I can't load mission. I think it is happened after new update or I mess something bad. Please guys, any advice how could I solve this problem? 

Here is addons list from mission.sqm :  

Spoiler

addons[]=
{
    "A3_Rocks_F_Argo_Limestone",
    "rhs_c_troops",
    "A3_Weapons_F",
    "ALTIMETER",
    "A3_Characters_F_Exp",
    "CUP_Creatures_Military_Russia",
    "FGN_RU_Troops",
    "FGN_RU_Gear",
    "CUP_CAStructures_E_Misc_Misc_Construction",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Industrial_SurfaceMine_01",
    "A3_Characters_F",
    "ravage",
    "A3_Supplies_F_Heli_Bladders",
    "A3_Structures_F_Mark_Training",
    "CUP_Misc3_Config",
    "CUP_CWA_Misc",
    "CUP_Misc_e_Config",
    "A3_Structures_F_Training",
    "A3_Structures_F_Walls",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Walls_Concrete",
    "CUP_CABuildings_Misc",
    "ace_logistics_wirecutter",
    "praa_tunnels",
    "Grenadier_Object_D",
    "A3_Structures_F_Argo_Military_ContainerBases",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Industrial_SugarCaneFactory_01",
    "A3_Structures_F_EPA_Civ_Constructions",
    "A3_Structures_F_Items_Vessels",
    "cba_xeh",
    "A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Cultural_BasaltRuins",
    "A3_Props_F_Exp_Naval_Boats",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Naval_Piers",
    "A3_Structures_F_Ind_WavePowerPlant",
    "CUP_Editor_Plants_Config",
    "CUP_CA_Config",
    "A3_Structures_F_Ind_Pipes",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Constructions",
    "A3_Structures_F_Argo_Walls_Military",
    "mcc_sandbox",
    "PRAA_statics",
    "ace_explosives",
    "CUP_Buildings_Config",
    "A3_Structures_F_Civ_Offices",
    "A3_Structures_F_System",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Explosives",
    "pook_camonets",
    "CUP_CAMisc_ACR_Sign_Mines",
    "MBG_Killhouses",
    "Wall_L",
    "A3_Misc_F_Helpers",
    "Wall",
    "A3_Structures_F_Naval_Piers",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Orange_Explosives",
    "rhsusf_c_troops",
    "rhsusf_c_weapons",
    "CUP_Weapons_West_Attachments",
    "ace_compat_rhs_usf3",
    "CUP_Creatures_Military_NAPA",
    "a3_dgr_equipment",
    "ace_ballistics",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Items",
    "ace_medical",
    "FGN_CauRebels_Gear2",
    "A3_Structures_F_Dominants_Lighthouse",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Military_Fortifications",
    "CUP_CAStructures_E_Ind_IndPipes",
    "CUP_WaterVehicles_Zodiac",
    "A3_Supplies_F_Exp_Ammoboxes",
    "rhs_c_weapons",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Acc",
    "ace_scopes",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Pistols_Rook40",
    "min_rf_wp",
    "ace_realisticnames",
    "ace_smallarms",
    "CUP_Weapons_Grenades",
    "ace_grenades",
    "ace_captives",
    "min_rf_data",
    "rhssaf_main",
    "A3_Modules_F_Effects",
    "CUP_Editor_A1_Roads_Config",
    "A3_Structures_F_Exp_Civilian_Sheds",
    "A3_Weapons_F_Exp",
    "Smocks"

Thanks in advance :)

Vehicle class CUP_A1_Road_runway_beton no longer exists    -this is first message when try to load mission in editor.

Edited by Nemanjic
new detail

This is because of occluder, if this happened in solid wall, where is no hole or window, then it's correct.

5 hours ago, -ben- said:

Things are warming up a bit on Chernarus.

You sure about that? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

You sure about that? :D

Gotta enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

That looks absolutely fantastic. It actually looks like Summer Chernarus Rather than Diet Autumn Chernarus. With Winter Chernarus in the Pipeline as well does that make Chernarus the first four season map? (Spring just make it overcast and rain on the summer map :-P )

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 7:37 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

The flickering is a ArmA III issue itself, although more common on modded maps. Nearly got me banned from KOTH on malden once because in certain cases it can make players disappear and reappear. Its something with the processing and/or destroyed buildings

Nice to see the map being improved rebuild over the years. 

Thank you guys :don12:

Edited by papanowel
see -ben- message below

Regarding that very cool "First Snow" video, is that a scripted transition or an actual in-game transition?

Edit...YT comments have provided the answer.

2 hours ago, papanowel said:

Nice to see the map being improved over the years.

Thank you guys :don12:

Rebuilt would be more accurate. We have converted out normal Autumn Chernarus into a Winter version with lots of content created by us for it. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, -ben- said:

Rebuilt would be more accurate. We have converted out normal Autumn Chernarus into a Winter version with lots of content created by us for it. :)

And to add to this: The new content will be part of CUP Core and thus be available for terrain creators to create new winter themed terrains and update old ones. For example with realistic winter leaf trees (no more white leaves).

• Like 23

Consolidate forces, CUPdate inbound in T-24hrs!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Even though it's still three days to go some presents can be opened early this year. And what is in these presents is a CUPdate of all our packs. And looking at the size of the changelog it seems to be
our biggest update so far.

The terrains update this time is huge and not only contains an incredible number of bugfixes and improvements but also features a rework of Summer Chernarus and the completely new winter version of Chernarus featuring
new winter versions of all Arma2 trees and bushes.
While in previous terrain updates we were only able to fix config and models, we now have internal Terrain Builder projects for every terrain including recreated satelite and mask textures. This allows us to
fix terrain objects and their positions and update satellite and detail textures. We also moved the old p3d road system to Arma3 shapefile road tech.
You can read about all new stuff and improvements in the changelog for every package.

A special thanks to our external contributors kju, the IFA3 team and Uro for their contributions.

We updated our website with the 1.11 GoogleDrive and Torrent mirrors. An update to Steam Workshop will be pushed slightly delayed by a few hours to give groups, squads and server admins some time to update their mods.

https://imgur.com/a/QLI99R7

• Like 13
  • Thanks 13