CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Just now, Bitesrad said:

Yeah, most custom terrains suffer from it too. It should be an easy fix though (in terms of getting it to look right, Im sure it's much easier said than done in terms of workload). For now just having overcast levels at 50% or more alleviates the issue.

In the best case this is just a rvmat problem and there's no need to change the textures and/or LODs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

In the best case this is just a rvmat problem and there's no need to change the textures and/or LODs.

Im not much of a modder, but when I reenacted my dr Frankenstein fantasies and played around with Adacas' AOR 1 texture for personal use, I found that turning the brightness waaaaay down solved glow in the dark issue. I'm guessing the trees are similar in that regard.

4 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Most likely a texture change. The new lighting compresses the low- and high ends into the extremes and over-emphasizes the middle. That causes glowing white houses at night and absolutely insane Beyond-Schwarzschild-Radius type shadows. I wish BIS would fix that, but it isn't very likely :(

• Like 2

I write a ticket then or not is a cup issue related?

Reshmaan (kezban village)
Land_House_C_3_EP1 not working (shop strips three floors w/ roof) AI go through door.
Land_House_C_9_EP1 not working (restaurant two floors w/ roof) AI go through door.
Land_House_C_10_EP1 not working AI go through door.

Takistan (Rasman village) (cba+Cup terrain-Core+Cup Terrain-Maps)

Land_House_C_10_EP1 not working AI go through door.
Land_House_C_9_EP1 not working AI go through door.
Land_House_C_3_EP1 not working AI go through door.

I did not test more buildings

Edited by spark23
adding Feedback about takistán

2 hours ago, spark23 said:

Reshmaan (kezban village)
Land_House_C_3_EP1 (shop strips three floors w/ roof) not working
Land_House_C_9_EP1 not working (restaurant two floors w/ roof)
Land_House_C_10_EP1 not working

Takistan (Rasman village) (cba+Cup terrain-Core+Cup Terrain-Maps)

Land_House_C_10_EP1
Land_House_C_9_EP1
Land_House_C_3_EP1

I did not test more buildings

Are they teleporting through the Takistan buildings? If so, yes, please make a ticket.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spark23 said:

Please make a ticket, we'll investigate as soon as time permits.

• Like 1

Ive been having some odd issues, during sunset and sunrise the sun turns into 

Z9V63fw.png

ob both the newer CLA Clafghan and the A2 Clafghan using CUP Terrains Full

20 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

No its Clafghan

Ah yes so its very fitting to post that in the CUP thread isn't it?

CLAFGHAN Is an ArmA 2 Map ported to ArmA 3. After the lighting update, the map had black skies. I assume considering your sky isn't black, you're using an edited version of the map. You'll need to speak to that author about the issue.

I was just thinking that since it uses CUP Terrains as a dependency there might be some insight here but thanks anyway!

4 hours ago, FoxhoundBC said:

I was just thinking that since it uses CUP Terrains as a dependency there might be some insight here but thanks anyway!

I was just taking to someone about the acid sky and CLAFGHAN. Apparently, not confirmed by me, it's FIXED in the Workshop version. Give it a try. Can't hurt.

CLA CLAFGHAN by Nremik.

Don't want to come off the wrong way, but the textures for pretty much all european autumn and spring/summer deciduous foliage is way too bright. I get that the lighting can't be directly like ol' Arma 2 and I imagine you guys want to update and improve it to an Arma 3 standard, but the foliage needs to be balanced, the contrast and color imbalance makes some things kinda ugly. The grass and spruces and pines are good, but everything else breaks up the color harmony and realistic look of the terrains. And really, it shouldnt take more than like a minute or so for each diffuse to darken it and maybe play with saturation and contrast if the darkening washes them out. A little tedious but doable in an hour or two. Look at these old shots from Arma 2 and ACR, I miss this. Despite all that, I've gotta say that the Arrowhead terrains and Sahrani look great and look exactly like they ought to, like upgrades that are true to their original iterations, so props to you guys there. And props to you guys for everything really. This mild texture grievance is the only gripe I could possibly think of in regard to CUP terrains, its essential, its great, its greatly appreciated. I respect all the time and dedication the CUP team has allocated to these projects. 

6jcET1N.jpg

jivDG09.jpg

• Like 4

@wsxcgy May I suggest you to hammer this thread:

The community has reported bugs and lack of documentation for more than a year now and we are still at the starting point on the "Visual Upgrade" issues.

• Like 2

On 2017-5-20 at 3:59 AM, wsxcgy said:

Don't want to come off the wrong way, but the textures for pretty much all european autumn and spring/summer deciduous foliage is way too bright. I get that the lighting can't be directly like ol' Arma 2 and I imagine you guys want to update and improve it to an Arma 3 standard, but the foliage needs to be balanced, the contrast and color imbalance makes some things kinda ugly. The grass and spruces and pines are good, but everything else breaks up the color harmony and realistic look of the terrains. And really, it shouldnt take more than like a minute or so for each diffuse to darken it and maybe play with saturation and contrast if the darkening washes them out. A little tedious but doable in an hour or two. Look at these old shots from Arma 2 and ACR, I miss this. Despite all that, I've gotta say that the Arrowhead terrains and Sahrani look great and look exactly like they ought to, like upgrades that are true to their original iterations, so props to you guys there. And props to you guys for everything really. This mild texture grievance is the only gripe I could possibly think of in regard to CUP terrains, its essential, its great, its greatly appreciated. I respect all the time and dedication the CUP team has allocated to these projects. 

I created a ticket about this issue a month ago, so hopefully someone will be able to have a look at it.

Description

CUP Arma 2 terrain vegetation is too bright with the revamped lighting system introduced by BIS in 2016. While the green vegetation looks okay in most instances, the autumn colored trees and bushes are almost luminescent during certain conditions. I would recommend toning the brightness levels way down.

12am clear skies
http://i.imgur.com/3f1NANg.jpg

12am cloudy
http://i.imgur.com/fF3cXcM.jpg

12am full overcast
http://i.imgur.com/HTLjX73.jpg

nighttime clear skies
http://i.imgur.com/dgwVmn8.jpg

Ideally, the orange colored vegetation should have overcast brightness levels during clear skies.

• Like 2

For the love of god, can someone help me with this error? 

9 hours ago, 22ndmeu said:

For the love of god, can someone help me with this error? 

do not enable @cup_cwa in your gamelauncher. looks like CWA maps are not installed on the server, you trying to connect to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, velzevul said:

do not enable @cup_cwa in your gamelauncher. looks like CWA maps are not installed on the server, you trying to connect to.

13 hours ago, ss9 said:

Something with the OFP islands.  You're running them, the server is refusing them.

That's the issue, I'm not running CWA maps. I've specifically checked.

@22ndmeu
I'm sorry to tell you, but you ARE running CWA at startup. Otherwise the server you are trying to connect would't bitch around.
Causes could be:
- you are running CUP Terrains CWA
- you are running CUP Terrains Complete
- you are running a 3rd pary mod that includes CUP Terrains CWA (full or in parts, in which is dump and fucked up...)
- you moved all CUP Terrains into one big folder and runnign it from there. 

• Like 4

someone having issues with maps after arma jets dlc?
All biulding Cup if with problems. 

9 minutes ago, Leviat said:

someone having issues with maps after arma jets dlc?
All biulding Cup if with problems. 

Care to elaborate on what exactly the problems are?

Notice the objects in the background disappearing and reappearing.

I've observed this happening with other CUP buildings, but this lighthouse is the worst offender.

Is this happening for anyone else? Is there a graphics setting I need to change?

Or should I go ahead and create a ticket?

14 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

Or should I go ahead and create a ticket?

Yes please.