CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

8 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

But it's not a "real" dependency, correct? I'm ok loading just Core and Maps?

Right. Core + Maps should work without CWA.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2017 at 1:18 AM, CUP said:

We reiterate, you may ONLY use CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains Maps packages on monetized servers if you follow the rules of monetization and your server is on Bohemia Interactive's list of approved servers.

Why does it say I can ONLY use CUP Terrains on monetized servers?
My server is not monetized, I cannot use this mod on my server? I must monetize my server to use the mod?

9 minutes ago, computer said:

My server is not monetized, I cannot use this mod on my server? I must monetize my server to use the mod?

"you may only use ... on monetized servers ... if you follow the rules ..."

so obviously this part speaks only about a restriction regarding monetized servers. or to make it even more clear: you can use it on non-monetized servers, there are no restrictions for these.

The instruction is simply for those that do have monetized servers - free servers were not addressed in that statement - so I'm sure you can use it...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, computer said:

It doesn't, you're just misunderstanding it.

" After consultation with our contributors, we are also taking this opporunity to allow the use of CUP Terrains Core and Maps (not CWA) on servers that are approved by BI for monetization "

Its in regards to us now allowing use on a monetised server, this does not mean you can monetise cup assets but you can now use the applicable terrains on a server which is monetised. 

" We reiterate "

Shows it regarded the above statement I quoted.

14 minutes ago, seba1976 said:

Any news about this: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1780

Yes. it is a problem with the roads that can only be fixed when rebuilding Sahrani from source whch is most likely not happening very soon as it takes a lot of time to setup everything correctly and build it without errors.

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

That should be the case. What exactly are these asking? You are talking about the PBOs, right?

For Steam we added CWA as dependency for Maps to stop the shitstorm we got from people that couldn't read the news about CWA now being it's own pack.

As he mentioned before https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186835-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/?do=findComment&comment=3147473

The PWS download of CUP Terrains is showing CWA dependency errors seemingly because the download contains versions of e.g. cup_terrains_maps_cain.pbo that are possibly from an older (2016 dated) version of Terrains. But the Terrains and Terrains Core from their servers does not contain some of the other CWA .pbos that were split from in to the separate download and are available in the new CWA Terrains addon on PWS (no cup_terrains_cwa_buildings.pbo, cup_terrains_cwa.pbo etc.)

Running Terrains, Terrains Core and CWA Terrains all together probably shows no errors. But just having Terrains and Terrains Core installed from PWS does, because those CWA islands that are somehow still in the Terrains folder are looking for CWA buildings etc. that are only in the CWA modfolder

Removing the 2016-dated cain, abel, noe etc. .pbo files from the Terrains folder downloaded from PWS, starts the game without errors when running Terrains and Terrains Core alone. And running Terrains Core with the PWS version of CWA Terrains also works without error.

Hey my Scenario didn´t works after your updates !

ERROR is babe.laser missing !!!

What happens ?

2 minutes ago, FlowR1DA said:

What happens ?

That is not a CUP addons. BaBe is BadBenson.

Just now, FlowR1DA said:

What happens ?

What happens is unrelated to CUP : BB's Enhanced movements got updated. That laser feature was removed.

Just start a new save on whatever scenario you're playing and you'll be fine.

I'm curious as to the compatibility CUP has now with maps that list "JBAD Buildings" as requirements.

Are the class names of the JBAD buildings now included in CUP the same (or have some legacy class names included to accommodate this?) 

If so is it something within the scope of reasonable feasibility?

• Like 1

JBAD replaces the old Takistan buildings on a config level. If we didn't made any mistakes that means other terrains that uses JBAD still requires it as CUP doesn't include any JBAD config names. We don't plan to make JBAD itself obsolet as M1lk and Smoke are still updating the pack themself

• Like 5

The new CUP Terrains - CWA mod is not being put in arma 3 workshop folder like all the other @CUP mods, does this matter ? and i thought Arma 3 sorted this problem out, as all these mods are put in steam workshop folder and Arma 3 workshop folder, so takes up 100% more hard drive space, is there a reason for this ? thx

Hi guys love your work as ever and always appreciate your efforts. I am having a problem that started a few months back and I cannot find a fix for it. On loading I get the error "CUP_Sounds_Config" requires addon CUP_Sounds_Data."  I have searched high and low and cannot find a fix. I have uninstalled CUP terrains complete and reinstalled the same version, I have installed the latest version of Cup terrains complete and updated CBA. The problem on really began when I installed X-Cam-Taunus map (terrain), I found the FPS drawdown murderous (although the map looks awesome) so I then uninstalled X-Cam-Taunus map. Following that I am getting this error message "CUP_Sounds_Config" requires addon CUP_Sounds_Data."  at start up and when I try to load a save game, strangely even when in editor AKA testing a mission that has loaded OK. Any help would be appreciated as Google only reveals one other person having the same issue but with no reply/or fix so any help is appreciated. :icon_biggrin:

I have a question (That hopefully has not been asked by now). Since CUP now uses JBAD Buildings, do I still need to load it, when it is requiered for a non CUP terrain (I obviously load CUP aswell)?

Unless the author if the terrain switched from JBAD back to CUP/A2 buildings, you still need JBAD for the terrains that list it as dependency.

JBAD objects are used as replacement for Arrowhead objects. JBAD is not directly included in CUP.

• Like 1

Hey CUP team thanks for the amazing update. Hope you are all doing well !  So I had an error pop up and want to make sure I am not missing something. I saw one poster say it was spoken about in the thread but when I did the search nothing came up. SO I don't know if my search feature is just not working or what...

Here is the error.

No entry'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.mbg_noe_buildings'.  

I only got the error when updating to the latest CUP Terrains Core / CUP Terrains Maps. I do also run MBG Killhouses though too. So not sure the source of this. Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if it was addressed earlier and I couldn't find it.

Load CUP Terrains CWA. It contains the CWA stuff you need for Terrains like Lingor (those Maps don't have their dependencies updated yet).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Load CUP Terrains CWA. It contains the CWA stuff you need for Terrains like Lingor (those Maps don't have their dependencies updated yet).

Ah. thank you very much Neo appreciate the quick response !!!!