CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I can appreciate that you find this is an issue, but please appreciate how many hours that have gone into making an update for FREE content. If you would like to improve the content, perhaps consider helping out CUP.

Maybe the next update they can include @ArmChairQuarterback @BackSeatDriver and @ WhyDidntYou...you know for those certain people who need it.

Diesel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Making buildings enterable is a challenging tasks and I am afraid nobody in the terrains team has the modelling skills and/or the time for this.

What do you define as "poper" footsteps?

The new footstep engine tech is very new, so nobody knows what we might add or improve in the future.

Sorry for being unclear...what I mean is, that since AiA there are footstep sounds missing for a lot of ground textures/surfaces. I am just curious if this is because of being low priority or being that complicated, especially since the whole system has been remade by BI.

cheers

Well put me in the "Great to have JBAD included!" camp.

Really guys...outstanding addition and it is OUTSTANDING to have fully functioning/enterable military buildings on Takistan, Chernarus, etc.

Thank you so much for this!

• Like 7

Thanks for the update! CUP terrains is probably the only mod I dont really see as a mod, but part of the base game :D

• Like 4

This update is excellent. The colors of the assets and the terrains are finally getting back to the pre-visual update standard, the JBAD integration is great, and I noticed great improvement in the foliage, especially Sahrani folaige. Truly a community upgrade. Thank you very much.

• Like 3

Just a quick notice for other communities - and maybe someone else can confirm. It seems having the latest Lingor or Isla Duala loaded along with all three CUP terrains packages results in the glorious dust effects no longer appearing.

I personally don't consider this to be CUP's responsibility, but if requested I can prepare a proper bug report with more information on the site. 

19 minutes ago, colonelhartigan said:

Just a quick notice for other communities - and maybe someone else can confirm. It seems having the latest Lingor or Isla Duala loaded along with all three CUP terrains packages results in the glorious dust effects no longer appearing.

I personally don't consider this to be CUP's responsibility, but if requested I can prepare a proper bug report with more information on the site. 

We are in contact with Icebreakr and will try if we can locate and and fix the problem together. There was a similar bug with grass on Abramia a while back. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, audiocustoms said:

Since the first day we have ppl complaining:

And now we have enterable buildings and this:

WHY U NO REMAKE FROM SCRATCH! 

You can please some of the people some of the time, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

This is one of the main reasons why addon makers lose interest in continuing work. The other is not garnering enough interest in their project after testing the waters.

CUP's Terrains is one of these addon's that if you want to play certain maps, it's a must, I think the whole CUP's Terrain team have been outstanding since its inception, so a massive well done, and thank you for continuing to improve on the maps.

Will Aliabad ever make it into CUP's at all?

• Like 10

Awesome update !!!

Thank you very much for your work.

• Like 1

I like how the grenades go in through windows now. Great update. Thank you

• Like 3

Great to see this continuing to develop and I'm stoked that Jbad was included. Good to see it will he supported so to speak.

• Like 1

On 31/1/2017 at 3:47 AM, icebreakr said:

Pennyworth: we've been able to see triangle placeholders for cargo (passengers) on UH60s, like some far lods, flying around 500m away from the camera. Can you check that?

Baklava: are you aware that CWA objects are now in separate pack? Terrains Complete probably has them in, but I'm sure Core & Maps exclude them now?

Issues go in the feedback tracker, you should know that. :P

• Like 1

Just to clarify: We are constantly working on the content in Terrains, fixing bugs, upgrading and improving stuff. That also affects the JBAD buildings. M1lkm8n gave us full source and you can expect us improving on his splendid work in future iterations of CUP TP. There will be further polishing of this stuff in terms of bugfixing, gameplay and performance (infact the JBAD objects in CUP already differ from the original JBAD release as we fixed and improved them already).

Just saying so nobody thinks this is now as it is into all eternity.

• Like 7

Thanks alot for the new release. For me atleast it seems to be running better and hardly any stuttering if any. Thank you CUP team. You guys are awesome.

• Like 1

Just letting you guys know the CUP Terrains Maps on PWS has a ton of files in it that are from 1.2.0

• Like 1

I'm getting a red icon message in my launcher's mods tab that say CUP Maps is missing a dependency when I use CUP Core and CUP Maps.

Am I actually missing a dependency or is this just a limitation of Workshop mods and the launcher itself wanting CWA?

The versions from PWS and the torrent are asking for dependancies from CWA. I don't know why I thought CWA was independent of CORE and MAPS.

19 minutes ago, rekkless said:

The versions from PWS and the torrent are asking for dependancies from CWA. I don't know why I thought CWA was independent of CORE and MAPS.

That should be the case. What exactly are these asking? You are talking about the PBOs, right?

For Steam we added CWA as dependency for Maps to stop the shitstorm we got from people that couldn't read the news about CWA now being it's own pack.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NeoArmageddon said:

That should be the case. What exactly are these asking? You are talking about the PBOs, right?

For Steam we added CWA as dependency for Maps to stop the shitstorm we got from people that couldn't read the news about CWA now being it's own pack.

But it's not a "real" dependency, correct? I'm ok loading just Core and Maps?