CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

What happened to Malden and Everon..those were great maps!

Diesel

Cripes..nevermind..read above dummy..lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M1ke_SK said:

those are now in separate addon Cup Terrains CWA

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32258

Yeah I spoke before I read..as usual I wasn't paying attention..

Question is..are the CWA Maps included in the Terrains complete pack?

Diesel

3 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Yeah I spoke before I read..as usual I wasn't paying attention..

Question is..are the CWA Maps included in the Terrains complete pack?

Diesel

Yes

• Like 3

Thx for your work on this, will there be a complete pack on steam workshop, or do i just subscribe to CUP Terrains - CWA and all the previous CUP mods, thx

Also just noticed, workshop CUP mods are also being put in steam workshop folder and arma 3 workshop folder, taken double space up, i thought this was fixed, all except new CUP Terrains - CWA mod is not being put in arma 3 workshop folder like all the other @CUP mods.

9 hours ago, OMAC said:

SHA-1: dd63f8d8db4b3ec7bf6b3eb88e7da57e38e9969b

I get the same sha-1 sum, so looks like you're good :)

11 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

I get the same sha-1 sum, so looks like you're good :)

Great, thanks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lakp said:

In my opinion incorporating JBAD buildings is not a good idea. It should be a separate mod

It is especially bad for stealth missions thanks to buildings such as the Military Command Center which has a bunch of bright dynamic lights. It doesn't seem like the original buildings were left in either.

Can't be helped. Someone will always be unhappy. It's no longer up to debate whether it is a good idea or not. It's a done deal.

6 hours ago, ss9 said:

sooooo, can we shoot out windows and streetlights on Takistan now?

One thing at a time, okay? There's only 24 hours in a day and only so many people working on it. I could add the usual "join the project if you want to help", but I'll spare you that for now. 

• Like 3

You mean to tell me that I can finally use CUPs and have dust effects, even on Tanoa?

This is wonderful news, I could not believe how bad it bothered me not seeing dust from vehicles, obviously not a game breaker but the fact I knew the dust wouldn't work just... lol...I got so bent about it haha.

Cheers to the Team!

I am excited to Ravage all these new terrains with zombie slaying madness!

• Like 3

I'd have to agree with lakp on the subject of JBAD buildings being a bad addition;

The current limit for dynamic lights in arma3 is 16 (for ultra), having a single building that uses up half that limit makes every urban scene a flickering mess.

Secondly, since the lights don't collide and don't cast shadows the lights are bleeding through walls and other objects resulting in a graphically unpleasing scene.

Moreover, the heavy use of light sources resulted in a very noticeable framerate drop for me.

The choice of completely white lights also makes little to no sense to me as most of the desert maps are decorated with street lamps that shed a light that varies from yellow to orange, and this colour difference stands out immensely when looking at any urban scene.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pansyfaust said:

I'd have to agree with lakp on the subject of JBAD buildings being a bad addition;

The current limit for dynamic lights in arma3 is 16 (for ultra), having a single building that uses up half that limit makes every urban scene a flickering mess.

Secondly, since the lights don't collide and don't cast shadows the lights are bleeding through walls and other objects resulting in a graphically unpleasing scene.

Moreover, the heavy use of light sources resulted in a very noticeable framerate drop for me.

The choice of completely white lights also makes little to no sense to me as most of the desert maps are decorated with street lamps that shed a light that varies from yellow to orange, and this colour difference stands out immensely when looking at any urban scene.

I can appreciate that you find this is an issue, but please appreciate how many hours that have gone into making an update for FREE content. If you would like to improve the content, perhaps consider helping out CUP.

• Like 2

Since the first day we have ppl complaining:

1ip3q5.jpg

And now we have enterable buildings and this:

1ip3ux.jpg

Soooooo..........

1ip46p.jpg

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I can appreciate that you find this is an issue, but please appreciate how many hours that have gone into making an update for FREE content. If you would like to improve the content, perhaps consider helping out CUP.

In fact I have contributed FREE content to both CUP and AIATP projects myself ( http://cup-arma3.org/about ), but I don't think that's relevant to the discussion.

Also while I might have come off as blunt and harsh, I merely wanted to present my arguments as to why I think the addition of JBAD buildings at their current state degraded from the overall quality of CUP for me personally.

• Like 2

Just a couple issues I noticed having a quick flyby through zaragabad

2347A2E09FC293529EA40F8F0A683C4C2DAEA7DD

and

413E155D722C81894A82829C327F0A382D1B2305

some of the poles down the road seemed a bit offset aswell

21 minutes ago, Kerc Kasha said:

Just a couple issues I noticed having a quick flyby through zaragabad

Those bugs are present since AiA (and maybe even in OA). Also we can't fix object placement (as of now).

1 minute ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Those bugs are present since AiA (and maybe even in OA). Also we can't fix object placement (as of now).

Huh really? Never noticed the crane issue.

Definitly. The crane is sunken into the ground since forever. Just google "Zargabad Crane" and select pictures :D

P.S. Yes, that is how it was in A2.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pansyfaust said:

In fact I have contributed FREE content to both CUP and AIATP projects myself ( http://cup-arma3.org/about ), but I don't think that's relevant to the discussion.

Also while I might have come off as blunt and harsh, I merely wanted to present my arguments as to why I think the addition of JBAD buildings at their current state degraded from the overall quality of CUP for me personally.

Well I wasn't aware that you had contributed to CUP, but it isn't relevant to discuss that. I understand that you wanted to voice your opinion, but from perspective your post was a moan/bitch about the issues, wasn't very constructive. I would suggest if they are game breaking issues that you raise a ticket with a CUP. And perhaps they can be addresses in the next terrain update. 

• Like 1

Very good update and good move to add jbad buildings :) 

Regarding interiors...could you maybe make the Hospital and maybe even the large Office building basements enterable like it was possible in the DayZ mod . If I remember correctly it was possible to destroy the Hospital windows and enter the building, at least the reception area in the basement same could work for the Office building

Just an idea :)

Also will it be possible in the future to add proper footstep sounds to all surfaces ?

keep it up and thx a lot for doing this

Making buildings enterable is a challenging tasks and I am afraid nobody in the terrains team has the modelling skills and/or the time for this.

What do you define as "poper" footsteps?

The new footstep engine tech is very new, so nobody knows what we might add or improve in the future.

Hey Guys,

First of all thanks for this mega Update :)

I have one question about the update so you changed some buildings to the JBad Buildings thats very nice does this also mean that those buildings are directly replaced on the other maps to like on Beketov ? Or other 3rd Party Maps.

Greets

1 hour ago, frostie12345 said:

Hey Guys,

First of all thanks for this mega Update :)

I have one question about the update so you changed some buildings to the JBad Buildings thats very nice does this also mean that those buildings are directly replaced on the other maps to like on Beketov ? Or other 3rd Party Maps.

Greets

If I understand Pennyworth and NeoArmageddon correctly, yes.

I'd love a way to be able to quickly determine which non-CUP pack maps (that rely on the CUP dependency) have had buildings changed. Being able to figure this out in some facet would be neat and for instance, could shorten the downtime and ease the workload on ALiVE reindexing.

I could see it being beneficial to the community having a master list of impacted maps for sure. 

• Like 1