CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

5 hours ago, Neviothr said:

That wasn't meant to be a bug report (although looking back at it, it does sound like one), but ok.

Even if it isn't meant as bug report, what you describe is certainly a bug in panelaks LODs we were not aware of ;)

Writing a short ticket with some simple repo steps will help us a lot!

• Like 2

On 1/25/2017 at 2:22 PM, Pennyworth said:

It's fixed in the next update, which you can expect soon™. If you're on your death bed and your last dying wish is to have dust effects on the CUP Terrains and Tanoa, then I can give you a small PBO that fixes it.

I've been missing dust effects on Takistan for two years. No other single thing has displaced dust effects at the top of my Christmas list.

Except now. Now, I need a mop and a bucket.

On 25.1.2017 at 8:22 PM, Pennyworth said:

It's fixed in the next update, which you can expect soon™.

SOON™ !!!

:yay:

• Like 8

Ul90dW2.png

It's unfortunately been awhile since our last update, but we've accomplished a lot during that time. With this update we have decided to split CWA (also known as Cold War Rearmed²) into its own package, separate from Core and Maps. CWA will use our new CUP-L license. After consultation with our contributors, we are also taking this opporunity to allow the use of CUP Terrains Core and Maps (not CWA) on servers that are approved by BI for monetization. We reiterate, you may ONLY use CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains Maps packages on monetized servers if you follow the rules of monetization and your server is on Bohemia Interactive's list of approved servers.

Google Drive, Armaholic, and SteamWS. PWS may follow shortly as well. You can find the links here on our website.

To recap what the packages encompass:
    CUP Terrains Core - A1 & A2 buildings and objects - no required addons
    CUP Terrains Maps - A1 & A2 maps - requires CUP Terrains Core
    CUP Terrains CWA - CWR² buildings, objects and maps - requires CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains Maps
    CUP Terrains Complete - contains the previous mentioned packages (Core, Maps, and CWA) all in one download

Here are the changelogs:

Spoiler

CUP Terrains 1.3.0 Core:

+    ADDED:        scopeCurator = 2 to configs (assets should now be in Zeus)
+    ADDED:        CfgMods to cup_terrains_terrains_core/config.cpp
+    ADDED:        New Apex menu intros
+    ADDED:        Preview videos for main menu
+    ADDED:        New picture shots for all terrains
+    ADDED:        Eden editor configs for roads, sidewalks, and railways - T1559
+    ADDED:        Merged in upgraded JBAD buildings and ported some over to A2 content from A2:OA
+    ADDED:        Individual monitor and server models to PC
+    ADDED:        The improved JBAD version of general store - T1763
+    ADDED:        Ruin models for Mil_Barracks and Mil_Guardhouse
+    ADDED:        Rain sound effects for all A2 and A2 DLC bushes and trees
+    ADDED:        Rain and other ambient sound effects to a majority of buildings

@    FIXED:        Most detailed shadow LOD was missing from Ind_Oil_Tower_EP1.p3d
@    FIXED:        Corrupted RVMATs causing errors when unpacking CUP
@    FIXED:        Church using CfgCloudlets effect "HouseDestructionSmoke", which doesn't exist in A3. Changed to "HouseDestructionSmoke1" which does exist in A3. - T1572
@    FIXED:        Incorrect shadow on Dum_istan2_02.p3d - T1657
@    FIXED:        Land_Plot_Ohrada_Pruchozi from being nearly indestructible - T1595
@    FIXED:        Misc_palletsfoiled.p3d and Misc_palletsfoiled_heap.p3d being transparent - T1817
@    FIXED:        CUP dust effects removing Tanoa effects - T1670
@    FIXED:        Errors (trailing spaces) in named selections of various models using dep3d +fx
@    FIXED:        Specular lighting on all maps, no more blue sheen on stuff
@    FIXED:        Issue with black texture in one of the distance LODs of t_acer2s.p3d
@    FIXED:        Majority of the buildings without a material in their fire geometry
@    FIXED:        Majority of the buildings that wouldn't allow you to throw a grenade through the window - T1773
@    FIXED:        Transparency issues on Ind_IlluminantTower, PowLines_Conc2_EP1, and various fence/wall models
@    FIXED:        CUP giving VR world ambient life - T1700
@    FIXED:        Issue with shadow LOD of HouseB_Tenement.p3d
@    FIXED:        Windows not breaking on Mil_Barracks_i.p3d
@    FIXED:        CUP overriding Stratis and Altis EnvSounds
@    FIXED:        Issues with workshop and few military buildings where you couldn't throw a grenade through the windows after they were broken

@    IMPROVED:    Added materials to fire geometry of hundreds of models
@    IMPROVED:    Added a CUP_ prefix to CfgCloudlets entries that we add ourselves (take over from A2) and modified configs of assets using those entries accordingly
@    IMPROVED:    Tweaked european lighting (bleaker daytime, better moonlit nights)
@    IMPROVED:    Night lighting for all islands
@    IMPROVED:    Slightly increased star brightness at desert maps
@    IMPROVED:    Most detailed shadow LOD of Misc_palletsfoiled_heap.p3d
@    IMPROVED:    Added door sounds for all of structures_e\HouseC, structures_e\HouseK, and structures_e\HouseL
@    IMPROVED:    Armor and explosive shielding of nearly all of structures_e
@    IMPROVED:    Added geometric occluders to almost all of ca\buildings, ca\buildings2, ca\structures, and ca\structures_e
@    IMPROVED:    Added breakable glass windows to ss_hangar, ss_hangard, and mil_hangar_ep1
@    IMPROVED:    The geometry of a lot of A1 buildings
@    IMPROVED:    Updated majority of A1 vegetation to use A2 shaders
@    IMPROVED:    Added CfgEnvSpatialSounds and the new thunder sound to CAWorld
@    IMPROVED:    Slightly improved textures on buk trees
@    IMPROVED:    Added breakable glass to A_Pub_01.p3d - T1764
@    IMPROVED:    Added breakable glass to HouseB_Tenement.p3d - T1765
@    IMPROVED:    Added improved Thunder soundset to all terrains (CAWorld)

-    REMOVED:    Sidewalk6ShortEnd.p3d.bak.p3d
-    REMOVED:    Wall_IndFnc_9.p3d.bak

CUP Terrains 1.3.0 Maps:

@    FIXED:        Asfalt parallax on Bystrica and Bukovina
@    FIXED:        Missing EnvMaps added to all map configs

^    IMPROVED:    Darkened one of the Proving Grounds surface textures (gz_trava_co)
^    IMPROVED:    Changed Utes ground texture with grass to fit satellite textures better
^    IMPROVED:    Added different kinds of ground clutter for more variety on Utes

CUP Terains 1.3.0 CWA:

@    FIXED:        CfgModels errors caused by cup_terrains_cwa_misc/config.cpp - T1547
@    FIXED:        cwa_dum_mesto2 had no ruin defined
@    FIXED:        "white" textures on Nogova airfields - T1532
@    FIXED:        Various geometries missing from doors of cwa_hangar_2.p3d - T1571
@    FIXED:        Cold War Rearmed team was not correctly listed as the authors of their respective terrains

• Like 21

Would you guys know offhand exactly which maps had the conversion to JBAD buildings or had buildings changed in general? The ALiVE team is likely going to have to reindex these maps so having a list should shorten the downtime.

Is there a more extensive changelog posted somewhere that can be referenced for this? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Would you guys know offhand exactly which maps had the conversion to JBAD buildings or had buildings changed in general? The ALiVE team is likely going to have to reindex these maps so having a list should shorten the downtime.

We replaced the Arrowhead buildings with JBAD counterparts. So I assume atleast Takistan and Zargabad. Most likely many more community maps like Al Rajak, Panthera, Isla Duala, etc

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is there a more extensive changelog posted somewhere that can be referenced for this? 

Building class names, paths to models, and positions should be the same. The only thing that should have changed is related to animations. The majority of JBAD buildings were for structures_e, which like Neo stated, are used on Takistan and Zargabad. However, all of the A2 terrains will have received upgraded buildings, in some cases it might only be one or two new buildings, but it's probably best to play it safe and reindex the maps.

If needed I could put together a list of specific buildings that were updated, but I don't really have an easy method of telling you what maps use those specific buildings.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pennyworth said:

Building class names, paths to models, and positions should be the same. The only thing that should have changed is related to animations. The majority of JBAD buildings were for structures_e, which like Neo stated, are used on Takistan and Zargabad. However, all of the A2 terrains will have received upgraded buildings, in some cases it might only be one or two new buildings, but it's probably best to play it safe and reindex the maps.

If needed I could put together a list of specific buildings that were updated, but I don't really have an easy method of telling you what maps use those specific buildings.

Thanks. I'm not really sure what to make of the changes in relation to ALiVE then. I'll have to ping Tupolov.

Depending on how this works, *worst case,* it's very possible just about every map ever released will need some re-indexing (I'm not complaining. I think the changes you guys made were for the best). 

I'll try to get some more info and I'll report back (possibly with a pitch for users to come on over and lend a hand, me included!).

Thanks guys.

Pretty frustrated with myself for not spotting this during testing, but there is an issue with the furthest distant LOD on 11 objects being a white box/plane. There could be more, but I've already fixed the ones mentioned in this ticket.

Here is an example image of the issue:
d11bddb9d38ba04a609b90fe8e4a0d58.jpg

This will be hotfixed, but I'd like to give it another day first to see if there are any other hotfix worthy issues that pop up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pennyworth said:

Pretty frustrated with myself for not spotting this during testing, but there is an issue with the furthest distant LOD on 11 objects being a white box/plane. There could be more, but I've already fixed the ones mentioned in this ticket.

Here is an example image of the issue:

This will be hotfixed, but I'd like to give it another day first to see if there are any other hotfix worthy issues that pop up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No dramas! Thank you for the update. (:

What happened to the CWA Objects?

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Land_cwa_Hangar

Cannot create non-ai vehicle Land_cwa_zavora

Warning Message: Cannot open object cup\terrains\cup_terrains_cwa_misc\cwa_pneu.p3d

Edit:  CUP Terrains CWA - CWR² buildings, objects and maps - requires CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains Maps

2nd Edit: restarted server with cup maps and buildings still not showing (Land_cwa_Hangar)

Pennyworth: we've been able to see triangle placeholders for cargo (passengers) on UH60s, like some far lods, flying around 500m away from the camera. Can you check that?

Baklava: are you aware that CWA objects are now in separate pack? Terrains Complete probably has them in, but I'm sure Core & Maps exclude them now?

In my opinion incorporating JBAD buildings is not a good idea. It should be a separate mod

It is especially bad for stealth missions thanks to buildings such as the Military Command Center which has a bunch of bright dynamic lights. It doesn't seem like the original buildings were left in either.

• Like 1

I've noticed the Cold War terrains lack a Steam upload. I'm presuming there is an issue with authors' wishes and no Steam upload of the Cold War maps should be expected?

Congratulations on the 1.3.0 release, gentlemen!!!!!  :icon_dj:

By any chance does someone have an official checksum of the 1.3.0 Terrain complete zip file? My results are:

File: @CUP_Terrains_Complete-1.3.0.zip
CRC-32: ba890c86
   MD4: 726a36d6625f55822d24702491400316
   MD5: 8cb79575adadd647bc8d6e3ec345b343
 SHA-1: dd63f8d8db4b3ec7bf6b3eb88e7da57e38e9969b

Just wanted to verify my download...

• Like 1

hi cup team and eveyone
I have a question

We could update CUP Terrain MAP,but We cannot update CUP Terrain Core.

this is  client problem ??

1 hour ago, GSY-shokun said:

hi cup team and eveyone
I have a question

We could update CUP Terrain MAP,but We cannot update CUP Terrain Core.

this is  client problem ??

Is this using playWithSix ? If so then restart / refresh. The update only showed up now for my core, although the maps updated an hour ago.

Just now, computer said:

Is this using playWithSix ? If so then restart / refresh. The update only showed up now for my core, although the maps updated an hour ago.

thankyou i can up date now !

4 hours ago, lakp said:

In my opinion incorporating JBAD buildings is not a good idea. It should be a separate mod

It is especially bad for stealth missions thanks to buildings such as the Military Command Center which has a bunch of bright dynamic lights. It doesn't seem like the original buildings were left in either.

We favor improved and updated maps for more versatile and varied gameplay over some rare (and visual) edge cases. And you can always shoot out the light at those new buildings or use one of the common "power outage"-scripts out there.

21 minutes ago, ss9 said:

sooooo, can we shoot out windows and streetlights on Takistan now?

Windows: Yes. Streetlights: AFAIK thatw as fixed aswell, but need to check (or let Penny answer this).

@all: There will be a Hotfix with some minor fixes somewhere at the end of this week. Please make sure to create tickets for all new major or minor bugs you encounter in 1.3.0, so we can fix them in time.

• Like 5

Did anyone else experience broken CUP? Literally overnight, several of my mission files are missing objects:

MBG_Noe_Buildings

CUP_cwa_misc

and others.

nvm, just saw post previous page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

And you can always shoot out the light at those new buildings or use one of the common "power outage"-scripts out there.

It would be nice to take out the lights via sqf without damaging the whole building. Unfortunately some JBAD buildings don't have light hit points to use. Worse, some JBAD buildings have indestructible lights (the middle eastern shop houses).

// Land_Mil_House_EP1
// Hit point names
["HitZone_1_hitpoint","HitZone_2_hitpoint","HitZone_3_hitpoint","HitZone_4_hitpoint","HitZone_5_hitpoint","HitZone_6_hitpoint","Glass_1_hitpoint","Glass_2_hitpoint","Glass_3_hitpoint","Glass_4_hitpoint","Glass_5_hitpoint","Glass_6_hitpoint","Glass_7_hitpoint","Glass_8_hitpoint","Glass_9_hitpoint","Glass_10_hitpoint","Glass_11_hitpoint","Glass_12_hitpoint","Glass_13_hitpoint","Glass_14_hitpoint","Glass_15_hitpoint","Glass_16_hitpoint","Glass_17_hitpoint","Glass_18_hitpoint","Glass_19_hitpoint","Glass_20_hitpoint","Glass_21_hitpoint","Glass_22_hitpoint","Glass_23_hitpoint","Glass_24_hitpoint","Glass_25_hitpoint","Glass_26_hitpoint","Glass_27_hitpoint","Glass_28_hitpoint","Glass_29_hitpoint","Glass_30_hitpoint","Glass_31_hitpoint","Glass_32_hitpoint","Glass_33_hitpoint","Glass_34_hitpoint","","","","","","","",""]
// Hit selection names
["dam1","dam2","dam3","dam4","dam5","","glass_1","glass_2","glass_3","glass_4","glass_5","glass_6","glass_7","glass_8","glass_9","glass_10","glass_11","glass_12","glass_13","glass_14","glass_15","glass_16","glass_17","glass_18","glass_19","glass_20","glass_21","glass_22","glass_23","glass_24","glass_25","glass_26","glass_27","glass_28","glass_29","glass_30","glass_31","glass_32","glass_33","glass_34","glass_27","glass_28","glass_29","glass_30","glass_31","glass_32","glass_33","glass_34"]

In addition, the Military Command Center's 8 dynamic lights uses up a lot of the dynamic light count, even at ultra, causing more dynamic light pop-in. BIS didn't add indoor lights for stock Arma 3 for a good reason.