CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

It's been awhile since we've had an update, so I thought I would let people know that we're still active and working hard towards a release in the upcoming weeks. The changelog is long, but some of the more notable things are improved lighting on European terrains, roads, railways, and more available in the editor, implementation of JBAD directly into CUP, and performance improvements (geometric occluders). If time permits, maybe even some extra sound effects.

• Like 33

Is the intention for Kunduz to get included in the pack, or would that be outside of the scope of this mod?

The map creator had announced a few months ago he was donating it to your team, but then more recently he made the files open source, so the messages on this are kind of mixed.

Is this something you guys feel comfortable talking about in advance of the next update? It's totally cool if not, just not sure if we should be looking here or elsewhere for how Kunduz is getting handled going forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is the intention for Kunduz to get included in the pack, or would that be outside of the scope of this mod?

The map creator had announced a few months ago he was donating it to your team, but then more recently he made the files open source, so the messages on this are kind of mixed.

Is this something you guys feel comfortable talking about in advance of the next update? It's totally cool if not, just not sure if we should be looking here or elsewhere for how Kunduz is getting handled going forward.

To piggyback off this, A friend of mine mentioned that Clafghan would also be added alongside Kunduz. But I couldn't find anything online to confirm.

Is this something that you guys have planned?

I wish we could see real thunder sound, after few updates of arma, i cant hear it, or its very quet and short. No bass, no scary :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

I wish we could see real thunder sound, after few updates of arma, i cant hear it, or its very quet and short. No bass, no scary :)

Not sure how that has anything to do with a terrain thread, if its an Arma issue please use the correct channels to raise it as an issue. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Not sure how that has anything to do with a terrain thread, if its an Arma issue please use the correct channels to raise it as an issue. 

I think Vasily was referring to the last part of this. =)

13 hours ago, Pennyworth said:

The changelog is long, but some of the more notable things are improved lighting on European terrains, roads, railways, and more available in the editor, implementation of JBAD directly into CUP, and performance improvements (geometric occluders). If time permits, [maybe even some extra sound effects].

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pennyworth said:

implementation of JBAD directly into CUP,

Was this bag fixed? 

36 minutes ago, shurka said:

Was this bag fixed? 

That is not a real bug and we don't use vanilla JBAD configs. Atleast not two year old ones.

4 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

CUP Terrains use diferent sound of thunder than vanilla. I remember, when BI applied new thunder sound with release of tanoa, or first patch after it, CUP were using previous one.

On 05/10/2016 at 9:12 AM, NeoArmageddon said:

When JBAD buildings are readded the terrains stay untouched and the buildings are replaced as JBAD buildings are (most of the time) the vanilla buildings with upgrades (added rooms, working doors and glass, etc). A few buildings were already replaced on AiA terrains but because of some misalignments we decided to not merge that change into the first releases of CUP TP.

And no worries: Some ALiVE devs are already working with/in CUP

Are you referring to the same buildings cifordayzserver is talking about in the reply below?

On 12/01/2016 at 0:34 AM, cifordayzserver said:

So, none of those except the light tower are A2 buildings, They're all SMD Buildings, M1lkm8n and myself made them.

The A1 stucco buildings are used to create "composite" buildings, so in many places they overlap eachother, are pushed too far into the ground, or have other objects inside them. Those placement issues were all painstakingly fixed on SMD_Sahrani. AiA was ok with the misplaced/overlapping buildings, CUP was/is not. It is our intention to add those buildings after we have (or create) terrain source so we can fix the placement issues before just blanket replacing them.

If the community prefers they just be swapped for now, that can be arranged, but I prefer to do it once we have terrain placement control.

Specifically: Land_smd_dum_olez_istan1_open, Land_smd_dum_olez_istan1_open2, Land_smd_dum_olez_istan2_maly_open, Land_smd_dum_olez_istan2_open, Land_smd_dum_olez_istan2_open2 and Land_smd_dum_olez_istan2_open2_dam. Have they been renamed because I can't find them in the JBad PBO, they appear in10 or more islands and it would be good to have them included in any update, if they aren't already.

wrj6lu.jpg

No, JBAD is a pack by M1lkm8n and smokedog replacing/improving Takistan and some other A2 buildings while SMD buildings are made by M1lkm8n and cifordayzserver as replacements for the typical Sahrani buildings. Next patch will most likely only see JBAD added.

Ah, ok, it was just this reply a few pages earlier that was confusing me.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:51 PM, NeoArmageddon said:

Was asked just one page before. Also the buildings were not SMD but JBAD.

SMD currently has the dark skybox problem, do you know if the work on it has been halted a long with it's components being added to the CUP terrain pack?

Also, I've a question about the escape mission, which I'll ask in it's own thread, but thanks in advance for the reply here too.

Noticing the Steam Workshop is updating CUP Terrain + Core... Any news? ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

Noticing the Steam Workshop is updating CUP Terrain + Core... Any news? ;)

On SW page it says "Last Update: 23 Jun 2016" so I don't think there are any good news (yet) :(

Steam / Arma 3 Laucher has some hickups lately forcing random users to update / redownload some if not all of the subscribed mods.

But nevertheless we got something in the pipes, stay tuned ;)

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, audiocustoms said:

Steam / Arma 3 Laucher has some hickups lately forcing random users to update / redownload some if not all of the subscribed mods.

But nevertheless we got something in the pipes, stay tuned ;)

Yeah, I noticed a little bit later! I was so so excited...
But I'm glad to hear that there is something to be excited about, still!!

32 minutes ago, Talyn said:

Hello!

Is there a fix/workaround for this: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1864  http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1670

I'm not getting any vehicle dust on Tanoa with Terrains Core activated and I noticed the tracker stated that the issue was closed.

It's fixed in the next update, which you can expect soon™. If you're on your death bed and your last dying wish is to have dust effects on the CUP Terrains and Tanoa, then I can give you a small PBO that fixes it.

• Like 11

I've noticed that AI won't enter buildings like Panelak 2 (which is enterable by a player) when trying to garrison them using scripts such as CBA_fnc_taskDefend. Is there a way around that besides placing units manually?

17 minutes ago, Neviothr said:

I've noticed that AI won't enter buildings like Panelak 2 (which is enterable by a player) when trying to garrison them using scripts such as CBA_fnc_taskDefend. Is there a way around that besides placing units manually?

Create a ticket in our tracker please.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

Create a ticket in our tracker please.

That wasn't meant to be a bug report (although looking back at it, it does sound like one), but ok.

Edited by Neviothr
Reflections.