CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Hello,

Is it true that you will add Chernarus Winter to cup??

Was wondering the same myself......

New to CUP -  I typaically used a simple house patrol script on SP missions. I noitced that AI do not follow it under CUPs maps.  They won't enter houses.   Still using UPSMON and "foritfy" they will enter houses / buildings SOMETIMES.  most often they just run off the map.  Is this all after 1.66 patch?   Or has UPSMON never worrked with CUPS maps? 

On 16.11.2016 at 2:18 PM, Vasily.B said:

Its pretty strange why BIS is ignoring this issue. Can someone link the issue on BIS feedback tracker (if its reported)?

They fixed the ponds in the past... kind of: from game "breaking visual glitch" to "visual glitch".
Turned out as a pretty half-assed fixing attempt given the popularity a2 based terrains and the amount of time that people put into them to make them work in a3.

• Like 2

Speaking of ponds, is anyone having an issue where the screen gets incredibly dark when looking at the ponds from certain angles? Both in-game and when using Eden editor.

11 hours ago, Red Partisan said:

Speaking of ponds, is anyone having an issue where the screen gets incredibly dark when looking at the ponds from certain angles? Both in-game and when using Eden editor.

This is what i writed about. Issue with ponds... there was 2 of them - first was line of water visible while driving anywhere on island - fixed.
The second one is still present - visible when smallest presence of fog is on, the screen is getting dark just like you were watching on extra strong light, and you can see black-green, blue artefacts on ponds - this is only present issue, and i dont know is Bohemia gonna fix this ever. Like lot of people know, i'm not up-to-date as i uninstalled Arma, as number of bugs was too big for me. But seriosuly, i doubt they gonna fix this ever - they are not planing any "Ponds DLC" or any of their island just dont have ponds, including Malden, they have no interest in fixing it. Im just really mad, when i see on their brochure text "biggest support for community modding"......  It look like we never asked how to resolve ponds issue nor we ever mentioned about issue exist.

There will be orange dlc...the netherlands are a little bit flooded if they would stop using a loot of pumps...so..it could actually be a pond too...a big one..really big one ;-)

• Like 3

So, after the latest update (I think...), I can no longer open my earlier missions in the editor. It says that  "CUP_CAMisc" is missing. Anyone else have this issue?

7 hours ago, ViperDriver said:

So, after the latest update (I think...), I can no longer open my earlier missions in the editor. It says that  "CUP_CAMisc" is missing. Anyone else have this issue?

No, works here. Try to re-download, you most likely have a corrupted download.

• Like 1

Hey so I reported the map grids being real wonky on most of the maps, are you guys aware of this issue?
I'm only asking on here because I made this on OCT 30 and I haven't seen any activity on Phabricator, and I really am not a fan of duplicate issues :)

15 hours ago, jaaxxxxon said:

Hey so I reported the map grids being real wonky on most of the maps, are you guys aware of this issue?
I'm only asking on here because I made this on OCT 30 and I haven't seen any activity on Phabricator, and I really am not a fan of duplicate issues :)

Someone will handle this ticket time and opportunity permitting. That's all I can say about it.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been reported before, but I think it could be an error on my end, so I just want to clarify:
I've been using CUP:Terrains for a while on my Insurgency mission and it is possible it is trying to reference a possibly no longer existing addon from an older version of CUP:Terrains.  My dedicated server reports this error when I host my mission:

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_misc3_config

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
cup_editor_structures_config

Do I need to manually delete the addon from the listed addons in the mission's .sqm file?  The mission seems to work fine otherwise, but I'd like to fix the issue if possible.  Thanks!

Phronk, have you tried deleting the binarized addons section of your mission.sqm, then placing/deleting an object in the editor and saving the mission again?

I tend to do this in my missions from time to time just to keep things as tidy as possible. I know mod authors work hard at backwards compatibility between updates but I find missing dependencies sneak through the cracks a lot (not necessarily with CUP, I'm just saying in general this happens quite often, especially with bigger mods).

Do I need to manually delete the addon from the listed addons in the mission's .sqm file?  The mission seems to work fine otherwise, but I'd like to fix the issue if possible.  Thanks!

Two possibilities. Either your download is corrupt, or you have loaded another map that clashes with CUP TP.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

I'm getting the error with my Takistan Insurgency mission on (of course) the Takistan terrain, from CUP Terrains.  I'm using CUP:Terrains - Core and CUP:Terrains - Maps from Steam Workshop.  CBA_A3 is also loaded from Steam Workshop.  Note that these errors do not cause any outstanding issues like crashing (although it is possible it can contribute to it) nor do I get any kinds of script or pop-up errors related to CUP.

Thanks for the responses.

[EDIT]

Even when I delete the addons from the mission, after saving the mission in the editor the addons which cause errors on my server are added again.  Guess that means the file is corrupt on my server or on my end?  I can confirm that both dedicated servers I'm renting are getting the same errors in the RPT log.

Hey guys, I noticed a small issue when playing on Takistan (and some similar maps in CUP).

If overcast weather is present, the lighting on characters does not match the lighting on the map itself. Characters appear almost black against a brighter Takistan background, making enemies super easy to see and breaking gameplay. When recreating the same conditions on Altis and even Chernarus, the lighting issue was not present. It looks like Takistan, Takistain Mountains, Shapur, and Zargabad all suffer from this issue when I test it. But other desert type maps like Desert and Proving Grounds react beautifully and realistically to overcast weather, similar to Altis and Chernarus. Not all maps have been tested, though. In short, it's only a select few maps in the pack that have the issue, and not all desert maps have the issue.

I apologize if this issue has been discussed in the past, I went through many pages on this thread and didn't find anything related to it. If it's necessary that I go report this on your feedback tracker let me know, figured I'd discuss it here first and make sure it's not something on my end that needs fixing.

To be clear, this was tested both with my mod set enabled and with CUP (and CBA) isolated by themselves; no difference in results.

Here's a few images that show what I'm talking about. How day/overcast on Altis looks compared to Takistan: http://imgur.com/a/E4v2i

• Like 3

8 hours ago, trooper226 said:

Here's a few images that show what I'm talking about. How day/overcast on Altis looks compared to Takistan: http://imgur.com/a/E4v2i

Have you tried "in game", i.e. previewing the mission ? I had similar problems on other maps in Eden, it sometimes seems to not synchronize ambient light with overcast settings.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Varanon said:

Have you tried "in game", i.e. previewing the mission ? I had similar problems on other maps in Eden, it sometimes seems to not synchronize ambient light with overcast settings.

The way I first discovered it was on Dynamic Recon Ops, and for whatever reason it kept setting Takistan to overcast. But for scientific purposes, I exported a simple mission file from Eden into singleplayer, completely taking Eden out of the equation.

The results were the same: http://imgur.com/a/mhVOW

More images: http://imgur.com/a/3lesI

I examined the differences in the average amount of lighting, both from direct light and ambient light on the characters and the environment, on Altis and Takistan with different units. It looks like the ambient lighting on the character is too dark, or the ambient lighting for the map is too bright. However, the images with the AOR unit by the road are interesting. In these images, the road seems to be affected more so than the dirt surrounding it, again creating odd looking lighting. To be clear, I don't know how the lighting engine works in Arma 3, so pardon my ignorance on the subject.

I put together some comparison images to illustrate my point: http://imgur.com/a/JhZSw

You can see that on Altis, the NATO unit matches the environment almost perfectly under both conditions (OCP being designed for that sort of environment). But on Takistan, the contrast in the shadows is extreme. This could be due to OCP not being designed for bright desert environments, but even if we use a camouflage like AOR, the shadow contrast is still extreme (even though the direct lighting between the the map and the character has minimal difference).

I also created two images (crudely done in Photoshop, mind you) that brighten up the character's ambient lighting or darken the map's ambient lighting: http://imgur.com/a/v0gjr

I wonder if this is a problem with the entire map or the sand texture, because different textures are reacting independently on Takistan whereas on Altis things have a more uniform change in lighting. It should be noted that the lighting issue is still present during daytime, albeit less noticeable, but still present.

I have noticed this as well, as I've been taking alot of screenshots recently- the units appear much darker, to the point of almost being black, on Takistan/Zargabad than on other, non CUP desert maps. This is in editor, with default (clear) weather. 

2 hours ago, Varanon said:

Ok, can you please make a ticket on the CUP bug tracker ? http://bugs.cup-arma3.org.

Thanks!

Done! All CUP maps were retested with the CUP Terrains - Core, CUP Terrains - Maps, and CBA enabled, just to be sure. This retest shows more maps are affected than previously thought and in various ways.

A full report has been written in the ticket. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I hope the information provided is valuable in helping you resolve the issue.

Link to ticket: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1853

• Like 2