CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Sorry, but I cant seem to find any good info: how do you import the Arma 2 models into blender and keep the groups separate? I dusted off my OA disk and tried to import the UH-60, but my blender with Arma Toolbox did not manage to import it. Then I tried an unbinirizer I had laying around. It did manage to unbinarize the model, but in the process it merged the model into one solid object (guns, wheels, etc.). I couldn't find any info on how to import p3D into blender from A2 era, I'm asking here.

A quick search reveals this toolbox is the tool set you are looking for...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20519

http://friedenhq.org/arma-ii/using-the-fhq-arma-toolbox-for-blender/

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/145290-arma-toolbox-for-blender-arma-23-exporter-script/

Still, it doesn't seem to support models simply taken out of OA pbo's, nothing happens when I try to open those. However, after unbinarization the new p3d gets imported, but everything is merged into single group. I already wrote about that.

Again: what do I need to use? Is it the sample models or the Arma Licensed Data Packs from the page linked before?

Is it the sample models or the Arma Licensed Data Packs?

The Arma 2 Sample Model downloads include (all) unbinarized models and RVMATs, the Licensed Data Packs the textures (and binarized models).

Still, it doesn't seem to support models simply taken out of OA pbo's, nothing happens when I try to open those. However, after unbinarization the new p3d gets imported, but everything is merged into single group. I already wrote about that.

Again: what do I need to use? Is it the sample models or the Arma Licensed Data Packs from the page linked before?

Not really the right thread to ask these questions in, better off here.

Anyway, my toolbox only supports unbinarized models, if you got them from a PBO then it is likely binarzied. In Blender, check Window->Toggle System Console and see if it outputs an error message (I would think it will).

Is it possible to find maps for CUP terrains somehow?

Sounds like a weird question or I do not see - what do you mean?
  • Like 1

Sounds like a weird question or I do not see - what do you mean?

Most likely he means "missions".

That would be really cool, did BI ever make topographical maps of the A1+A2 releases?

That would be really cool, did BI ever make topographical maps of the A1+A2 releases?

There's some in the Arma X Anniversary edition.

I expected this question to be asked before, but I couldn't find anything when searching, probably because SMD is too short to search for.

AiA TP changed Arma 1 buildings to enterable buildings. Is it possible that this will eventually arrive to CUP Terrains?

• Like 1

AiA TP changed Arma 1 buildings to enterable buildings. Is it possible that this will eventually arrive to CUP Terrains?

Was asked just one page before. Also the buildings were not SMD but JBAD.

Was asked just one page before. Also the buildings were not SMD but JBAD.

Ah, I thought it was related to SMD, so I didn't know. Thanks for the answer.

In fresh RC i got error after error messages:

Over and over.

I just managed to reproduce this on another map (Variable's "science fiction" map).  I can repro this using a VTOL aircraft at low altitude on certain parts of the map.  When it happens, the screen goes "cloudy" as if I am at a really high altitude or within a foggy area.

12:37:14 Error in expression <sitionCameraToWorld [0,0,0];if ((_pos distance _prevPos > 100) || !(CUP_lampSt>
12:37:14   Error position: <distance _prevPos > 100) || !(CUP_lampSt>
12:37:14   Error Type Not a Number, expected Number
12:37:14 File ca\structures_c\Misc_Powerlines\emmisiveLights.sqf, line 45

12:37:14 Error in expression <tMaterial [0,_m];};nil} count (_pos nearObjects ["Land_PowLines_WoodL",400])>
12:37:14   Error position: <nearObjects ["Land_PowLines_WoodL",400])>
12:37:14   Error Type Not a Number, expected Number
12:37:14 File ca\structures_c\Misc_Powerlines\emmisiveLights.sqf, line 54

I don't know what "dynasound" is so I doubt I am running it. 

Curious to me it references a ca\ file. 

"Error Type Not a Number, expected Number"  >>>>  It appears the script received a non-number value, perhaps from a count or similar.

Edit to add - I also got the same exact error on Utes.  So I feel I can safely rule out the map as a contributor at present.

I get no dust from vehicles or troops using any of the CUP Terrains maps.

I just got curious and left the CUP mods installed and loaded up Tanoa, dropped a player and a vehicle on a dirt road and no dust there either.  0_o

So ( while I am slowly typing this out haha) I uninstalled the CUP core and terrain, load back into Tanoa... no dust still, wth.

I browse over my mods and see I have Kunduz checked marked, I un-check it, load Tanoa and now I have vehicle dust.

Seems any oldschool maps I load up kill vehicle dust effects on all of my maps, that blows =(

Only other mods I have on are:

Kimis HUD mod metric

SMA

JSRS

TPW

Bcombat

Massi Mid east warfare ( with the dependencies Nato Rus stuff)

CAF

Nato vehicle tropical retexture

Nato MBT Kuma

aaand that EPSM exo suit mod

Probably not a big deal but it would be nice to have the effect across all maps.

Your workshop downloads for Core and Maps are broken. Nothing is wrong with our Steam, reinstalling or repairing does not work. Please fix your files or reupload them to Workshop.

Your external downloads are also broken BTW.

I'm seeing a pattern...

Your workshop downloads for Core and Maps are broken. Nothing is wrong with our Steam, reinstalling or repairing does not work. Please fix your files or reupload them to Workshop.

Your external downloads are also broken BTW.

I'm seeing a pattern...

The only pattern I see is you posting the same nonsense everywhere. However, that doesn't make it any more true.

The files are perfectly fine, they have been downloaded half a million times (literally) and there is nothing we can do.

If you are seeing a pattern, then please explain to me our reasoning for doing so? We go through all the pain of creating these files and then corrupt them so nobody can download them? Don't you think that is a bit... I dunno... weird?

So if all downloads are broken for YOU but not for hundreds of thousands of others, then I am rather thinking the problem could be on your side and not on ours.

• Like 8