CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Has anyone figured a way to get Podagorsk to work? It was one of my all time favorite maps. There were a few posts I found in this thread of members asking about it, but none seemed resolved. I'm running the newest version of of CUP 1.7.1 The islands that do load actually work great, no issues at all. But Podagorsk is not loading.  I tried running the A3MP and A3MP - ArmA 3 Map Pack - Additional Pack  to see if I could acquire Podagorsk that way, but they load with errors o I removed them.\

Nether of these load for me.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24911

This is where I'm getting my CUP files by the way

http://cup-arma3.org/download

You can use nearly every ArmA 1/ArmA 2 map in ArmA 3 with CUP Terrains, including Podagorsk, so what exactly is your problem?

How is that?

I don't see Podagorsk even in the Community-Upgrade-Project-Terrains-Complete-version-1.2.0 zip file. Where are you other guys getting it?

EDIT

I just tried adding the v11 of Podagorsk from the ArmA2 archive at Armaholic and that seems to play fine under ArmA3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8791

yeah, we've been running podagorsk as a public rotation map with Cup for ages.... not seen it recently. But no reports it's not working ?

yeah, we've been running podagorsk as a public rotation map with Cup for ages.... not seen it recently. But no reports it's not working ?

Well, like I said, the podagorsk download for ArmA2 works fine under ArmA3. I'm not sure if that's because of the dependencies from CUP makes it work. Works great so far.

The only problem I see with all these ported islands (and it drives me nuts) is the lighting-levels in white areas of textures ara being crushed. Basically the mod makers need to go back on lower the lighting intensity on their textures which probably means masking out/ isolating the (white sections) of the texture. For example, the gray rocks almost have no detail and look more pure white because BIS must have made some kind of lighting-level adjustment ...different than what they had in ArmA2. it's nice that they're improving the game, but I just wonder how many mod makers are still active and willing to go back and calibrate the textures in their maps.

On a site note: The AI is completely messed up with all these new mods.

Even the aircraft in CUP is totally messed up. Fighter jets for example: the A10, Harrier, and choppers all get shot down by BMPs every time. It's unfortunate because without the mods and previous assets from ArmA2, ArmA3 is not much fun in my opinion.. I'm playing ArmA 2 more. I still don't get why BIS couldn't just expand on what they had, rather then coming out with a competitively new concept from the Cold War (which worked) maintaining some kind of backward compatibility. Why change something that worked for the last 15 years. People supported this game FOREVER because they liked the theme. Everyone loves Ice cream, so do you replace it with bustle sprouts?  I don't understand the mentality of people sometimes. It wouldn't be so bad if they continued to support ArmA2 since it is a different game according to them.But the project seems to be dead, they've moved on to new futuristic concept. I guess the part that bugs me the most is that there are so many great assets that got left behind, or where brought over but are now broken, or just don't visually look right. ArmA2 was such a great game, it just needed a few of the improvements that ArmA3 got, like multi CPU support, and water diving. I feel like we're starting over from the beginning, And just when everyone gets ArmA3 tweaked, ArmA4 will came and throw us back to the beginning again.

Blimey. You've been saving that up.... It's been 3 years :-)

• Like 2

I've just downloaded the latest version of CUP (1.2.0) and installed the keys on my server, both the CUP_CORE and CUP_Maps files are present in the server. However, when I try to join the server running an identical version of CUP as downloaded to the server( with keys and all). I'm instantly kicked out with no message. I've run the server vanilla, and with every other combination of mods to narrow down that this only happens when CUP is included.

Error Message is
"You were kicked" with no description towards what plugins were erroneous.

Server.LOG file shows only "player was disconnected"

I've just downloaded the latest version of CUP (1.2.0) and installed the keys on my server, both the CUP_CORE and CUP_Maps files are present in the server. However, when I try to join the server running an identical version of CUP as downloaded to the server( with keys and all). I'm instantly kicked out with no message. I've run the server vanilla, and with every other combination of mods to narrow down that this only happens when CUP is included.

Error Message is

"You were kicked" with no description towards what plugins were erroneous.

Server.LOG file shows only "player was disconnected"

Impossible to say with no extra information.There are numerous servers using CUP Terrains, so I would guess the problem is on your end.

Make sure that the download isn't corrupt, maybe try md5 or sha1 checksums on the files.

Do you knoiw what extra information I could provide? Is there a way to get the server to tell me which files are corrupted when I try and joijn the server? If it believes one of my files fails the authenticity check, it should tell me which file, right?

Do you knoiw what extra information I could provide? Is there a way to get the server to tell me which files are corrupted when I try and joijn the server? If it believes one of my files fails the authenticity check, it should tell me which file, right?

How did you get the files? If you are subscribed on Steam Workshop, try "verify file integrity". Other than that, I don't think it is a CUP issue.

Is it possible to verify Workshop files integrity? AFAIK only game and DLC file are checked.

On your launcher try to hit that ... icon (while you have expanded the tab) and then repair it, don't know if it actually works but you can always try.

Is it possible to verify Workshop files integrity? AFAIK only game and DLC file are checked.

To the best of my knowledge it does, at least I remember one case where it fixed someone's problem.

• Like 1

Is there a way to remove Everon from from my game? Not asking for it to be removed from the project, I just don't need it in our repository.

Is there a way to remove Everon from from my game? Not asking for it to be removed from the project, I just don't need it in our repository.

None that we support. There might be but you're on your own.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

For some reason after 1.64 update hideObjectGlobal command does'nt work on Takistan hangars!

This command delete all other objects, but Hangars still remain (3D model without collision)

Update: this bug upearse only in multiplayer on players computers except server... Other players can see Hangar and walk through its walls.

For some reason after 1.64 update hideObjectGlobal command does'nt work on Takistan hangars!

hideObjectGlobal is a very buggy command and I had my fair share of problems with it aswell, not only with terrain objects but with units and vehicles aswell.

Can you test your script with remoteExec and hideObject (non global) and see if you get the same problems? I strongly suspect the problem is not the hangar itself but the command not being reliable.

hideObjectGlobal is a very buggy command and I had my fair share of problems with it aswell, not only with terrain objects but with units and vehicles aswell.

Can you test your script with remoteExec and hideObject (non global) and see if you get the same problems? I strongly suspect the problem is not the hangar itself but the command not being reliable.

I never met any problems with this command before update.

And it does'nt affect on other terrain objects... So i thought conflict apeared because hangar config mistake.

Is upgrading the Takistan derived buildings to the Jbad models still on the agenda?

Is upgrading the Takistan derived buildings to the Jbad models still on the agenda?

• Like 4

Sorry, but I cant seem to find any good info: how do you import the Arma 2 models into blender and keep the groups separate? I dusted off my OA disk and tried to import the UH-60, but my blender with Arma Toolbox did not manage to import it. Then I tried an unbinirizer I had laying around. It did manage to unbinarize the model, but in the process it merged the model into one solid object (guns, wheels, etc.). I couldn't find any info on how to import p3D into blender from A2 era, I'm asking here.

I know you guys probably don't want to talk about this, and I'm not asking anyone to address this here, but I have quite a few ALiVE missions, which spawn units based on map indexing/building classnames. A few I've released and a few more are coming.

I can't pretend to know what changing over to JBAD would effect, or really what that even means. But based on the request itself, it would *seem* to me we're talking about buildings being replaced entirely. If so, I'd assume only CUP maps themselves (such as Takistan) would be impacted, so I probably wouldn't need to worry about maps just using the CUP requirement (Reshmaan, FATA, Afghan Village, Sangin, etc), but the question and reply in general make me a little uneasy.

If you think there's a possibility that a change is imminent, and that missions built using building classnames would no longer work with this kind of alteration, could I request if someone on your team could at least privately reach out the ALiVE Devs so maybe they can work some magic on their end to not break every mission using CUP that's been made with their mod?

Again, sorry if what I'm interpreting about this secret change here is wrong.

• Like 1

I can't pretend to know what changing over to JBAD would effect, or really what that even means. But based on the request itself, it would *seem* to me we're talking about buildings being replaced entirely. If so, I'd assume only CUP maps themselves (such as Takistan) would be impacted, so I probably wouldn't need to worry about maps just using the CUP requirement (Reshmaan, FATA, Afghan Village, Sangin, etc), but the question and reply in general make me a little uneasy.

If you think there's a possibility that a change is imminent, and that missions built using building classnames would no longer work with this kind of alteration, could I request if someone on your team could at least privately reach out the ALiVE Devs so maybe they can work some magic on their end to not break every mission using CUP that's been made with their mod?

When JBAD buildings are readded the terrains stay untouched and the buildings are replaced as JBAD buildings are (most of the time) the vanilla buildings with upgrades (added rooms, working doors and glass, etc). A few buildings were already replaced on AiA terrains but because of some misalignments we decided to not merge that change into the first releases of CUP TP.

And no worries: Some ALiVE devs are already working with/in CUP

• Like 2