CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Are there plans to update the OFP maps a little bit? Like, adding more scenery details, tweaking the textures to make them look less the same everywhere, etc?

• Like 10

Thanks for the continued good work on the mod....Another question regarding the missing roads, runways and other missing objects in the editor...

Have the Road objects been removed from Cup? Can't find them in the editor. Great work though guys.

That is correct. It was stated that the roads were put in by accident.

Can we have them back? ;) they were really useful. :-D

The roads have been out since the 1.60 update, but I've heard more comments about them in the past week than in that whole time. Nonetheless, they'll be back in the next update along with some other missing objects.

Is this correct? If not, could I add my voice to the number of people requesting them to be re-added please as they are indeed quite useful. If it's not possible could somebody of authority provide a short explanation as to why not, Cheers!

...Yeah I read his post he first time, it would help if he was on the staff list of CUPs About/FAQ page so it was clear he was not just some ''rookie'' stating an unquaified opinion.

Is this correct? If not, could I add my voice to the number of people requesting them to be re-added please as they are indeed quite useful. If it's not possible could somebody of authority provide a short explanation as to why not, Cheers!

Now go and read Pennyworth's post again:

Nonetheless, they'll be back in the next update along with some other missing objects.

• Like 3

How far has it come that i have to quote myself...?

- What is your modstring (what mods are you running IN TOTAL and what order)

- Where did you get the mods (all mods)

- Version number of the mods (all mods)

- Stable or Dev

- Operating system

- your hot sisters phone numer and picture

- RPT File

- Single or Multiplayer

- and check the bugtracker if this was already reported!

• Like 3

I was wondering if it's possible and within the License to retexture the Cup buildings for a terrain? The depedancy for CUP core would still be present!

Why not just ask to join the team and make it official?

Because I'm not entirely sure how easy it is to do that. And I'm still learning! But if they would want that I'm not opposed to helping!  :D

Because I'm not entirely sure how easy it is to do that. And I'm still learning! But if they would want that I'm not opposed to helping!  :D

(Most) of the terrains (and their objects) are released as APL-SA. That means you can retexture them as much as you want provided, that you release them as APL-SA yourself (or keep them for yourself ;) ).

And if you have made anything nice looking, please post screenshots ;)

• Like 1

As far as I remember there was also a winter version of Kolgujev in CWR2. Is there a chance we could be seeing that one in the future? It would be totally amazing.

• Like 1

As far as I remember there was also a winter version of Kolgujev in CWR2. Is there a chance we could be seeing that one in the future? It would be totally amazing.

To be honest, ANY winter map would be amazing. :P  :P  :P 

For mission maker, having a proper winter map means not to force players to DL external (to the CUP pack) maps...often lengthening the mod requirements....

Thats why I am posting in here. :) I think the winter kolgujev in CWR didnt require anything outside the mod which was very rare between winter maps. I might be totally wrong though. :D

Thats why I am posting in here. :) I think the winter kolgujev in CWR didnt require anything outside the mod which was very rare between winter maps. I might be totally wrong though. :D

We have some winter assets/textures but not the ones from CWR AFAIK. So most likely no direct port of the CWR winter terrains soon.

• Like 1

Possibly it was already mentioned but I will not read 58 pages so sorry if reposted. Is it possible to make CUP assets visible in Zeus? Even if I spawn something using createVehicle, I am unable to move it, delete it. All I am getting is insufficient resources or something like that. I remember that AiAtp assets were visible in zeus interface. It will make placed structures more interesting and also add more divercity to missions.

Possibly it was already mentioned but I will not read 58 pages so sorry if reposted. Is it possible to make CUP assets visible in Zeus? Even if I spawn something using createVehicle, I am unable to move it, delete it. All I am getting is insufficient resources or something like that. I remember that AiAtp assets were visible in zeus interface. It will make placed structures more interesting and also add more divercity to missions.

Simple search reveals the answer.

I have a question. Which PBO houses the music files from CUP - Terrains Core? I want to be able to listen to them outside the game to find the right ones for my missions.

I subscribed to CUP terrian in workshop, so I hope it is the lastest in my PC. And since Apex I didnt try CUP, but yesterday I take a look and it was shocked. The color of Chernarus is so gamey and unrealistic. Can I  do something to get back the good old beautiful Chernarus, with autumn colors?

This is how it looks like now, after Apex:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Thank you! So its normal now? I hope this update will solve it.

Bardosy, a couple pages back is a preview of what Chernarus will look like after the next update.

The "next update" you linked to is 1.2 which is now already out and bardosy mentioned the issue today

For me colors are so subjective so i have no real addition to it, just wondering if the CUP guys meant to say 1.3 instead of 1.2

Considering the post is about a month newer than their last update, I'd say you'd be correct in that they just put the wrong version in the before/after post.