CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Experiencing an error. I am unable to load games because there is apparently deleted dependencies, even though I have not at all modified the files. I downloaded and installed the latest CUP Terrains Core and Maps as normal from the Google Drive mirror. Perhaps its just corrupt on my end

UkZdnxy.jpg

Good day

Last night we had a problem where one of our missions wouldnt load because of this error:

Missing addons detected:
19:47:15   CUP_CAMisc
19:47:15   CUP_CA_Config

We have the latest version of CUP terrains on our server and also the mission creators only use cup_core and cup_terrains to create missions.
We ended up removing all CUP assets from our scenario but what we cant figure out is the reason for the error.
We reinstalled cup_terrains_complete but it doesnt seem to have resolved the issue.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Regards
Twak

I have a question: I'm setting up a new dedicated server for my Arma 3 Unit, and I want CUP Terrains to be on that server. Do I really have to upload the whole CUP Terrains Complete on the server? It's almost 13 gigabytes of data, it will take me literally 10-12 days to upload this. Is there a package for dedicated servers that weighs less?

I have a question: I'm setting up a new dedicated server for my Arma 3 Unit, and I want CUP Terrains to be on that server. Do I really have to upload the whole CUP Terrains Complete on the server? It's almost 13 gigabytes of data, it will take me literally 10-12 days to upload this. Is there a package for dedicated servers that weighs less?

Yes I'm afraid so. Believe me it took US longer than 12 days to make it.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 2

Download it from the server, usually they have good 100mbit/1gbit connections.

• Like 2

Download it from the server, usually they have good 100mbit/1gbit connections.

I was talking about uploading, not downloading. My dedicated server isn't near me, it's not even in my country so I can't just go to it and tell it to download something.

I was talking about uploading, not downloading. My dedicated server isn't near me, it's not even in my country so I can't just go to it and tell it to download something.

Then you should probably set up a remote desktop connection to your server.

• Like 1

Back on topic please.

@AttentionHorse yes, you have to upload everything. If that is asking too much, I'm sorry, but we currently have no time to produce a special server package. If you want feel free to join the project and help us doing that. Otherwise, well, I'm sorry.

• Like 3

Missing addons detected:
19:47:15   CUP_CAMisc
19:47:15   CUP_CA_Config

are you maybe mixing an old and new Maps/Core package? Have you downloaded via the workshop? In the latter case, try to verify file integrity.

are you maybe mixing an old and new Maps/Core package? Have you downloaded via the workshop? In the latter case, try to verify file integrity.

I will double check with the scenario creator but as far as I know he used the PW6 version and the package on the server is directly downloaded from your site.

Edit: Checked, he is using the PW6 version.

I will double check with the scenario creator but as far as I know he used the PW6 version and the package on the server is directly downloaded from your site.

Edit: Checked, he is using the PW6 version.

I had this issue using some of non CUP maps.

Guys... Please...

If you get error messages of ANY kind with CUP Terrains (and other stuff), do us a favour and provide us with AS MANY INFO AS POSSIBLE...! Even if it seems rediculous.

- What is your modstring (what mods are you running IN TOTAL and what order)

- Where did you get the mods (all mods)

- Version number of the mods (all mods)

- Stable or Dev

- Operating system

- your hot sisters phone numer and picture

- RPT File

- Single or Multiplayer

- and check the bugtracker if this was already reported!

• Like 9

What's up with Chernarus map? I was playing navy seals blood bros user campaign; Is it supposed to be all white snow storm with 2 meter visibility range 99% of the time, even in interiors? 1% of the time the map looked beautiful like a painting on a wall tho, snowy cold look with at least 100 meters visibility range.

What's up with Chernarus map? I was playing navy seals blood bros user campaign; Is it supposed to be all white snow storm with 2 meter visibility range 99% of the time, even in interiors? 1% of the time the map looked beautiful like a painting on a wall tho, snowy cold look with at least 100 meters visibility range.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

That's because you aren't running with the switch weatherSnowDisable = 1; 

:p

That's because you aren't running with the switch weatherSnowDisable = 1; 

:P

How do I apply that?

Hello. I have got problem. Before the last update of CUP Terrains i was able to placed runway parts and other objects but after last update these things went out. I try to downloaded it again because of corrupteed download but its same so no runway parts and army hut from A1. About army hut there is only Army hut 3 and not those others. Where is the problem did you remove it? Thanks for answer. :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

Hello. I have got problem. Before the last update of CUP Terrains i was able to placed runway parts and other objects but after last update these things went out. I try to downloaded it again because of corrupteed download but its same so no runway parts and army hut from A1. About army hut there is only Army hut 3 and not those others. Where is the problem did you remove it? Thanks for answer. :)

Best regards DonbassCZ

Roadways are not available anymore.

See: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186835-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/?p=3059844

• Like 1

I used to be able to load all kinds of terrains of A2 with CUP Terrains and now they just don't show up in the editor anymore. A3 custom maps mostly have no updated configs for the new lighting. Does this mean that only A3 maps that will be updated by the author will work or is there a chance that CUP might fix it with some sort of config magic? I just tried to load up my favourite maps and none worked or were to be found. I miss CLAfghan... :|

Map authors have to update their maps either adding the new lighting to it or deleting the lighting config parts overwriting the CUP lighting configs. Nothing we can do about unupdated 3rd party maps. If the 3rd party maps are no longer updated only a compatibility config would help, but that's something for somebody else. We lack staff doing such things.

Is anyone working on the South Asia map from TOH? There's one (non-CUP) conversion on Armaholic, but it's old and probably doesn't play well with the new lighting. I believe that with a bit of a touch-up in the most interesting areas (real water, Takistan/Zargabad buildings, proper roads, etc.), it could become and amazing map for aerial and armored warfare. I don't know if it's possible to "locally" increase terrain detail, but it has a few locations which would be great for infantry as well if they had more detail. The most notable example is Shapur, which is the BAF map literally included in South Asia in its entirety, but it's not the only one.

Are there plans to update the OFP maps a little bit? Like, adding more scenery details, tweaking the textures to make them look less the same everywhere, etc?

Are there plans to update the OFP maps a little bit? Like, adding more scenery details, tweaking the textures to make them look less the same everywhere, etc?

IMHO detail was already improved quite a bit when CWR remade them for A2. Textures (or more precisely, materials) could use a bit of A3 tech indeed.

The "wood massive" thing needs to be updated LOD switching wise as it is switching to low-res mess way too soon.

Otherwise LOVE the maps and CUP project as a whole! Some 80s bits and pieces still not accounted for, one can reasonably do some Cold War stuff already...  B)

• Like 1

Yeah I'd love to see the old OFP islands get some more 'realism touches'. Most importantly, I'd like to see large agriculture fields like on the newer arma islands. It wouldn't change the gameplay too much, but it would help reducing that artificial island look a bit.

• Like 3