CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Upcoming CUP update (hopefully) deals with the overly bright white colors and some oversaturation on european maps.

1.2.0:

Ik5Cq8C.jpg

Upcoming:

FecsPXh.jpg

Nights were also improved, being slightly brighter when moonlit than before as well as getting a more realistic, blue tone. Same night tweaks could've been already seen on deserts, except star brightness was slightly increased versus 1.2.0 for both environments.

1.2.0:

vrc5FZx.jpg

Upcoming:

7OrPv0g.jpg

1.2.0:

HXLaWYh.jpg

Upcoming:

Taygh4a.jpg

• Like 20

Really nice work, much appreciated!

Upcoming CUP update (hopefully) deals with the overly bright white colors and some oversaturation on european maps.

1.2.0:

http://i.imgur.com/Ik5Cq8C.jpg

Upcoming:

http://i.imgur.com/FecsPXh.jpg

Nights were also improved, being slightly brighter when moonlit than before as well as getting a more realistic, blue tone. Same night tweaks could've been already seen on deserts, except star brightness was slightly increased versus 1.2.0 for both environments.

1.2.0:

THIS looks like a nice step foward

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images - see the forum rules why

Lovely, back to how it was before the over done graphics update for arma.

Looks beautiful metalcraze :D

I dont know if there is anything you can do about this, but I find on Chernarus that even when i put the overcast and rain sliders all the way to max, the sky is still quite bright.Is there any way to add some more, blacker clouds again?

• Like 3

Lovely, back to how it was before the over done graphics update for arma.

I agree.After the update everything went dark.And thanks CUP for finally turning the streetlights on,although b4 the update they weren't really necessary but now they are:) 

• Like 1

Still hoping for removed pond objects as they mess with ambient lighting when in direct view.

hi guys

How do I disable the CUP 1.2 terrain mod? I downloaded the 1.2 update and when I jump into A3 (Apex) I find that I can't disable it so I'm being precluded from joining vanilla A3 servers. I've tried moving the @CUP files out of the A3 drive but I don't know where else to look. Any suggestions?

hi guys

How do I disable the CUP 1.2 terrain mod? I downloaded the 1.2 update and when I jump into A3 (Apex) I find that I can't disable it so I'm being precluded from joining vanilla A3 servers. I've tried moving the @CUP files out of the A3 drive but I don't know where else to look. Any suggestions?

You disable it the same way as any mod.When you say you downloaded it-from where? Armaholic?Or the workshop? Either way-just open your launcher and unselect the mod or use the "play with no mods" button located at the little arrow on the "Play" button in the launcher

I got some question - how to completly remove ponds? Its very hard to play with them on foggy weather, as they make me blind.

• Like 2

ok thanks guys. didn't realise we still had the A3 launcher (that icon must've been deleted - I only had the main one that loaded you straight into APEX. I found the launcher and disabled CUP. 

Thanks again.

There is many autom textures in "chernarus summer" map: earth, bushes and trees,

1st screen: chernarus summer

20160719144430_1.jpg

2nd screen chernarus (autom) no diffrences, exept rare autom trees

20160719144405_1.jpg

3rd screen: Bukovina ( example of summer map in CUP terrains): green grass, bushes etc
20160719144513_1.jpg

There is many autom textures in "chernarus summer" map: earth, bushes and trees,

1st screen: chernarus summer

2nd screen chernarus (autom) no diffrences, exept rare autom trees

3rd screen: Bukovina ( example of summer map in CUP terrains): green grass, bushes etc

I assume by autom you actually mean Autumn? Though its hard to tell the difference, as your graphics setting are set quite low in the screenshots.

I assume by autom you actually mean Autumn? Though its hard to tell the difference, as your graphics setting are set quite low in the screenshots.

Glad I'm not the only one that was wondering whether those were in fact trees or mutant blobs from 'The Prisoner'...

• Like 2

sory my eanglish. Yes, im playing on low settings. But what about yellow grass, tress and bushes in summer? Try it on your PC and you will see the only difference between this two maps is in one kind of trees (you can see it on my screens). Other trees, grass, bushes are  yellow

sory my eanglish. Yes, im playing on low settings. But what about yellow grass, tress and bushes in summer? Try it on your PC and you will see the only difference between this two maps is in one kind of trees (you can see it on my screens). Other trees, grass, bushes are  yellow

It's always been like that.Some of the Autumn trees don't have summer retextures on Bystrica, and neither is the satmap. That is something we don't have the time to change right now.

• Like 2

Every time a attempt to load a cup map or a map that requires cup there are 1 of 2 problems either the every is white and too bright to the point in which I cannot even see the hud when i'm piloting or the clouds and fog turn black. 

Every time a attempt to load a cup map or a map that requires cup there are 1 of 2 problems either the every is white and too bright to the point in which I cannot even see the hud when i'm piloting or the clouds and fog turn black.

Did you get it from the Workshop? If so verify your cache.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

• Like 1

1.2.0:

http://i.imgur.com/Ik5Cq8C.jpg

Upcoming:

http://i.imgur.com/FecsPXh.jpg

1.2.0:

Looks much better :)  Thanks for the continuing efforts here to get the ported Arma maps back to looking great again. I just re-installed the game recently after a month of dropping it - and what BIS has done to the lighting in the game has done so much damage to the Arma 2 maps.. I used to find the maps really inspiring by default to do some mission editing without even having placed an object in, now I find myself gaining little inspiration because of the lighting changes. What used to be natural, visually appealing environments including the towns now look abnormal, with portions of the towns practically glowing their so bright. I guess Bis got the lighting right for their Jungle map though, I suppose that was worth dropping a nuclear bomb on the great quality user made and ported maps.

Thanks again for the hard work to get back the way things were before Tanoa.

Does anyone actually know the names of autumn colored trees and bushes on summer terrains?

I can gladly retexture them.

Edit: I mean if the problem is related to non-existent summer textures.