CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Having the exact same issue, all we changed was we updated to the newest version of CUP Terrains and now every mission we make has this problem, even if there's nothing but a rifleman placed down.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Try this one

• Like 1

Having the exact same issue, all we changed was we updated to the newest version of CUP Terrains and now every mission we make has this problem, even if there's nothing but a rifleman placed down.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Could you open a bug report on this please? http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/

Seeing as you have a vanilla + CUP mission you can duplicate the error from (and I don't), it will probably be much easier for us to get help on the topic if they can duplicate it with just an old mission with just a rifleman like you're reporting.

What is this????
  • Like 2

Hey,

I already posted this to the CUP thread, but seeing now that we have a terrain-specific topic, I thought I post it here too:

"I noticed recently, while playing around in the A2 terrains (Utes and Bukovina), that you get inappropriate environment values. You can test it easily with loading this script on the given terrain: You'll get insane forest and/or houses values (very prominent reverb/tails) when firing from an open field.

"

I guess it's something with the old trees/houses config.

Please do not post random links to things without at least explaining what it is.

• Like 3

What is this????

Hmm... The file name is "cup_cwa_fix.pbo". What could it be??? Probably a virus???????? Yeah! 100% it's an old-good *.pbo virus!

Another random suspicious link (be very careful!)

facepalm.jpg

Christ.

I originally reported the error and I get a mystery link with no explanation for what it is or if it even fixes the issue.

Or why it fixes the issue or even how to install it properly.

We don't know if you even reported the bug or offered the fix to the CUP team.

I mean, at least explain what it is so CUP can take note and correct the error. Or maybe you're a CUP Dev and I'm unaware? But post anything at all other than a link with no explanation at all man. It helps no one.

• Like 4

Hmm... The file name is "cup_cwa_fix.pbo". What could it be??? Probably a virus???????? Yeah! 100% it's an old-good *.pbo virus!

Another random suspicious link (be very careful!)

facepalm.jpg

no need to be like that.It's long been established that posting random unexplained links is not good protocol on the forum..

• Like 4

Since it looks like Lolkij isn't going to explain what this is, would a CUP dev be willing to take a look at this file to see why it supposedly fixes my default cfg error?

I opened it and it's a PBO and seems safe. I just have no idea what it supposedly does or how to use it.

This error is really throwing my head for a spin, and the other guy who says he has the issue and even has a sample mission he could share (with just CUP and a lone rifleman) seems to have disappeared too.

I can share my missions that have this error, but they all use quite a few of mods so I could see why your team wouldn't be interested in them (regardless of whether it's CUP causing the issue, which it is). I don't have a copy of the old CUP Terrains otherwise I'd try to duplicate it with as little mods as possible. I really wish the other person that reported this would have shared his "lone rifleman" mission.

Anyway, I don't know. I think there's a chance this mystery PBO is the solution and was just wondering if you guys could look at the file and see if perhaps you could incorporate it into the next version or let me know what I need to do to get rid of the error in all my missions.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say "thanks" and "good job" for fixing the lighting on Takistan. Played an op yesterday and it was awesome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Since it looks like Lolkij isn't going to explain what this is, would a CUP dev be willing to take a look at this file to see why it supposedly fixes my default cfg error?

I opened it and it's a PBO and seems safe. I just have no idea what it supposedly does or how to use it.

This error is really throwing my head for a spin, and the other guy who says he has the issue and even has a sample mission he could share (with just CUP and a lone rifleman) seems to have disappeared too.

I can share my missions that have this error, but they all use quite a few of mods so I could see why your team wouldn't be interested in them (regardless of whether it's CUP causing the issue, which it is). I don't have a copy of the old CUP Terrains otherwise I'd try to duplicate it with as little mods as possible. I really wish the other person that reported this would have shared his "lone rifleman" mission.

Anyway, I don't know. I think there's a chance this mystery PBO is the solution and was just wondering if you guys could look at the file and see if perhaps you could incorporate it into the next version or let me know what I need to do to get rid of the error in all my missions.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Being a pbo, all you need to do is adding the pbo file into the "addon" folder of CUP Terrains. Than try and see if the problem persist.

I think the file is quite secure, no need to alarm. The CUP team is probably working on a fix yet, just give them some time.

Hi,

We have installed CUP Terrains Complete, but we should have installed Core + Maps as we now want to try and remove some maps to save space on our mod repo. I will try and explain what have in mind if you could tell me if it will work or not.

1. Download Terrains Core and each individual map.

2. Look in each map folder (that is to be removed on the server) for reference to see the files and remove those files from the Terrains Complete installation on the server.

Will this work? Is the only difference between Complete and Core + Maps the fact that the downloads have been separated, or are the actual files different?

Thanks.

Have the Road objects been removed from Cup? Can't find them in the editor. Great work though guys.

Have the Road objects been removed from Cup? Can't find them in the editor. Great work though guys.

That is correct. It was stated that the roads were put in by accident.

• Like 1

Hi,

We have installed CUP Terrains Complete, but we should have installed Core + Maps as we now want to try and remove some maps to save space on our mod repo. I will try and explain what have in mind if you could tell me if it will work or not.

1. Download Terrains Core and each individual map.

2. Look in each map folder (that is to be removed on the server) for reference to see the files and remove those files from the Terrains Complete installation on the server.

Will this work? Is the only difference between Complete and Core + Maps the fact that the downloads have been separated, or are the actual files different?

Thanks.

Yes, Complete is nothing else but Core + Maps combined. We only offer Complete for those who want one download with everything, on platforms with dependency support like Steam WS and PWS you will only find Core and Maps, with Maps having a dependency to Core. You can safely delete any maps you want.

• Like 1

Hey, fantastic work on the terrains! It's so amazing to be able to play all of these!

One issue I'm having though is that, on the latest devbranch, Apex not prepurchased, every terrain that is a desert or some similar setting has poor lighting, as in the sun's basically invisible and shadows are non-existent, with the terrain itself shaded pretty flat. I know it's probably something on my end, and I did try repairing the steam downloads via the launcher, but I still wanted to ask about it here. It confuses me though; You guys definitely fixed the desert lighting based on other people's accounts, but for some reason I'm not getting that. It's not an outdated version either, as I have all the old OFP maps you guys put in the latest patch, at least if memory serves me right.

Hey, fantastic work on the terrains! It's so amazing to be able to play all of these!

One issue I'm having though is that, on the latest devbranch, Apex not prepurchased, every terrain that is a desert or some similar setting has poor lighting, as in the sun's basically invisible and shadows are non-existent, with the terrain itself shaded pretty flat. I know it's probably something on my end, and I did try repairing the steam downloads via the launcher, but I still wanted to ask about it here. It confuses me though; You guys definitely fixed the desert lighting based on other people's accounts, but for some reason I'm not getting that. It's not an outdated version either, as I have all the old OFP maps you guys put in the latest patch, at least if memory serves me right.

The repair function on the launcher only works if steam has recognized that there is an issue, which in most cases it doesn't. One thing you can try doing is to verifying the game integrity on steam, which we recently learned also checks the integrity of workshop content. To access that option right click Arma 3 from the game library > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It can take several minutes depending on your hardware and will only check the workshop content integrity after you hit the "ok" box when it says it has finished verifying the integrity of Arma 3.

Hope that resolves your issue.

The roads have been out since the 1.60 update, but I've heard more comments about them in the past week than in that whole time. Nonetheless, they'll be back in the next update along with some other missing objects.

• Like 1

Where does that go? In the CUP Terrains Complete Addons folder?

It doesn't matter what folder it goes in as long as it's loaded like a normal addon. You could place it in your Arma 3 directory as "@MonkeysLikeBananas\addons\" and it would function the same as if you dropped it directly into the CUP terrains folder. However, in general I would advise against putting extra PBOs into existing mod folders that you don't control, in this case it's a straightforward fix and wouldn't cause any issues. Just as an example if it was a more intricate fix, and say when the next update comes out you forgot it was placed in there, then it could cause issues for you that would be hard to track down.

• Like 1

The repair function on the launcher only works if steam has recognized that there is an issue, which in most cases it doesn't. One thing you can try doing is to verifying the game integrity on steam, which we recently learned also checks the integrity of workshop content. To access that option right click Arma 3 from the game library > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. It can take several minutes depending on your hardware and will only check the workshop content integrity after you hit the "ok" box when it says it has finished verifying the integrity of Arma 3.

Hope that resolves your issue.

The roads have been out since the 1.60 update, but I've heard more comments about them in the past week than in that whole time. Nonetheless, they'll be back in the next update along with some other missing objects.

I do appreciate the help, but unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. I might just try reverting to the Apex Sneak Preview build and see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll look into seeing if any of my mods conflict. Thanks a bunch for the help!

I do appreciate the help, but unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. I might just try reverting to the Apex Sneak Preview build and see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll look into seeing if any of my mods conflict. Thanks a bunch for the help!

Sounds like a mod conflict, i would suggest only loading CUP Terrains and then add each mod in one at a time.

• Like 1

Sounds like a mod conflict, i would suggest only loading CUP Terrains and then add each mod in one at a time.

Thank you! Took me a bit of digging around, but I found that at first glance it seems like it was the Wamako map that was causing my issues. I'll come back to this post in a moment to confirm that with all my other mods installed.

Yes, I can confirm that it was the Wamako map! Thank you so much!

Edited by Dusty9261
  • Like 2

Hey,

I already posted this to the CUP thread, but seeing now that we have a terrain-specific topic, I thought I post it here too:

"I noticed recently, while playing around in the A2 terrains (Utes and Bukovina), that you get inappropriate environment values. You can test it easily with loading this script on the given terrain: You'll get insane forest and/or houses values (very prominent reverb/tails) when firing from an open field.

"

I guess it's something with the old trees/houses config.

Made a ticket about it: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1573