CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Shamelessly copied from Skype:

Check the pathes of the objects you have placed. Most of the cfgpatches are identical with the path (for example CUP_Terrains_ca_buildings2). But you can also add the legacy cfg patches from arma 2 "CAMisc" or "CABuildings2" for example

• Like 1

Someday... ;)

Oh lord!

On a different topic, I have read through the thread to see if there has been any comment on the lighting situation, but I wasn't able to find any. The whole pack seem very, very off with the new lighting when it's sunny and no clouds. It allmost hurts my eyes, and the very shiny light green is horrid. Not you guys fault, as it's a result of the new lighting system but I am wondering if it is possible for you to do something about it?

Oh lord!

On a different topic, I have read through the thread to see if there has been any comment on the lighting situation, but I wasn't able to find any. The whole pack seem very, very off with the new lighting when it's sunny and no clouds. It allmost hurts my eyes, and the very shiny light green is horrid. Not you guys fault, as it's a result of the new lighting system but I am wondering if it is possible for you to do something about it?

They have already, what you see now is the second iteration of those attempts.

Oh lord!

It would help if you post some pics, so we could be all in the same page.

It would help if you post some pics, so we could be all in the same page.

I'll post some screen shots tomorrow. It's basicly all of the europe based maps, so it includes the new ones also. The weird thing for me is that it seems to be better further away, but up close it looks very artificial. I am off to bed now, but will look into it tomorrow.

Recently I downloaded CUP Terraine Maps. Big Thank you for this project, but now I want to talk about the issues.

I think, all maps are fine, but a few details spoil impressions of the game in these maps.

Arma3 therefore has no good destructible environment, but in CUP maps, the destructible worse than Altis maps and Stratis.

For example, I noticed that the majority (almost all!) Window glasses, are not able to be broken! There is no damage to the textures.

Also sometimes, durring bullet hits in the glass, the particles, do not correspond to the glass, they show hit the ground (soil splash, instead of glass fragments)

Many fragile buildings can not be destroyed, it causes problems of gameplay. For example, on the map Takistan, the bazaar stalls with hanging carcasses of cows (some vertical wooden staves along with the table), can interfere with the movement of an armored vehicle or even tank. It can stop at full speed MRAP! Because all of these fragile objects are not destructible.

The quality of many trees is bad, even when you are nearby. The player sees only 2 textured polygons in a cross position.

If you zoom out the camera or player look, then trees become worse. This is reminiscent of the technology in 2001, when we played in the OPF.

These issues can be seen easily in Chernorussia map:

Note, this is ultra game settings!

Please try to improve these items. As seems to me, any work consists of details.

If fix all these details and add better destructible, then player would be able to enjoy these maps in full.

Also are we not going to have a not big contrast with the maps of Altis and Stratis.

No idea what is happening there but these trees look fine when I check them in game.

this visual issue can occure when you are using the splandid cam with time speed set to 0, nothing wrong with the model itself

• Like 2

The quality of many trees is bad, even when you are nearby. The player sees only 2 textured polygons in a cross position.

If you zoom out the camera or player look, then trees become worse. This is reminiscent of the technology in 2001, when we played in the OPF.
These issues can be seen easily in Chernorussia map:

1) Check what zgmrvn wrote above. If that doesn't help you should lower your graphics setting. The game mightbe switching to the far LOD because your computer runs out of VRAM. The tree has a perfect, quality 3D model. Next time please verify if the problem is on your end before posting.

2) Regarding glass and destructible buildings: We only have limited time and people to "upgrade" those buildings from A2 standards to A3 standards. It takes us many hours to upgrade a buildings to the A3 standard. But if our pace is not fast enough for you, you are invited to help us with this stuff.

3) Also you might have noticed that we push every 2-3 month an update that nearly always improves every aspect of the mod.

• Like 7

When ever i play Cherno the ground is all white and no its not snow. Also no grass.

When ever i play Cherno the ground is all white and no its not snow. Also no grass.

Any error messages? Did you check the RPT file? Also, any other addons loaded except CUP TP?

in chernarus sky and lighting is bugged  for me and i get error "D3d device removed" after playing some time and ctd.

in chernarus sky and lighting is bugged  for me

Geez, can you get any more vague please? What is this even supposed to mean, "bugged"?

• Like 1

You guys need to set new parameters for LOD transitions or this is something the engine take all the control?

Good job on this update, good to see this project going forward.

My observation

- Environement colorimetry have to be more reworked

- Good work of implementation of reverb sound in A2 building but:

- General FX sound issues, looking starwars fight gun with some riffle like MX

- Reverb dont work when you are in stairs or on ground object like carpet.

- Adding more maps is very good

- Tchernaruss enterable house is a good project too.

in chernarus sky and lighting is bugged  for me and i get error "D3d device removed" after playing some time and ctd.

I've noticed the D3D device removed error occasionally while playing recently, but that was just with vanilla content. It seems to happen randomly every few days and sometimes a computer restart fixes it.

You guys need to set new parameters for LOD transitions or this is something the engine take all the control?

When the transition happens is completely up to the engine and its own algorithm. We can however improve the LODs so there isn't such a rough transition in some cases. If you could post a ticket on our bug tracker with the name of the object I'll take a look and try and improve them.

Good job on this update, good to see this project going forward.

My observation

- Environement colorimetry have to be more reworked

- Good work of implementation of reverb sound in A2 building but:

- General FX sound issues, looking starwars fight gun with some riffle like MX

- Reverb dont work when you are in stairs or on ground object like carpet.

- Adding more maps is very good

- Tchernaruss enterable house is a good project too.

Thank you for noticing the sound changes when firing weapons in A2 buildings, it was part of the 1.1.0 update, but I was still very proud of it because it required a lot of surfaces to be changed and fixed.

With that being said, any buildings in particular you notice there being no reverb sound in? I haven't touched the sounds in the newly added OFP terrains so there are bound to be some sounds missing there. If you could make a ticket on our bug tracker with a list of buildings that don't have reverb sounds I'll make sure to get them all fixed for the next update.

Also, what do you mean by starwars fight gun? The tracer color and effect is totally independent from the terrain so it should behave the same as on A3 Terrains.

Finally, what do you mean by environement colorimetry? The lighting on the European terrains is next on kraze's list for next update. I will also look into reducing the brightness of the satellite map textures for those terrains, as BI had to tone down the brightness of the satellite maps for Stratis and Altis for the 1.60 update (visual upgrade).

I'm not trying to pick apart your English, just looking for clarification. And excuse any of my formatting or grammatical mistakes, I'm away for the week and posting this from my phone.

• Like 1

This may have been addressed but it seems that the roads and runways are missing form the 3d editor. Was this intentional? 

This may have been addressed but it seems that the roads and runways are missing form the 3d editor. Was this intentional? 

Those are no the only ones, many (relatively speaking) objects are missing (at least from the asset browser). Those are just a few I came across while working on a compound: https://i.sli.mg/MFsFkU.png

I didn't see anything in the changelog regarding the removal of certain objects, so I am wondering the same.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

-For the colorimetry i mean the best color range (tone) that make the sat mask color more real & natural. In chernarus for example the grass & field are to green flashy and irl the beach dont have white sand in thoses country.

Dont have sound inside(chernarus): shed_ind.p3d / ind_workshop01_01.p3d / a_generalstore_01a.p3d / rail_station_big.p3d / hangar_2.p3d / barn_w.p3d / barn_w01.p3d / farm_cowshed_a.p3d and other

takistan; house_c_10_ep1.p3d / house_l_3_ep1.p3d / house_l_4_ep1.p3d / a_mosq_small_1_ep1.p3d /  a_mosq_small_2_ep1.p3d / there is no reverb inside container

For the sound i was talking about that but its a arma3 sound bug 

I just loaded up a mission I've been working on on Takistan and had this pop up about 2-3 seconds after the mission loads:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'.
Is anyone familiar with this?

Having the exact same issue, all we changed was we updated to the newest version of CUP Terrains and now every mission we make has this problem, even if there's nothing but a rifleman placed down.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Ah ok! Even with just a rifleman, eh? Ok, I have a theory which might work for older missions.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say for whatever reason, you and I are having backwards compatibility issues. I'm going to guess some object has been removed or renamed and the game is looking for a CUP something it can't find.

If you have a sec, try opening the mission in the editor. Click save as, and uncheck the box which binarizes the mission. Save it.

Open the mission.sqm, and find the section at the top called Binarized Addons. Delete all of the contents within just this section, leaving just the:

{
}
And save the mission.sqm. Open the mission back up in the editor. Place any unit or object. Delete it. Then click save as and check the box to re-binarize the mission. Start the mission again, and *hopefully* now the error is gone forever.

Just to be safe, try it in a mission you don't care much about. I'd say the one with the lone rifleman. That or make a backup of the mission before trying this. I have a hunch this will work.

• Like 1