CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Does the CUP terrains pack include a placeable LHD? I looked for it in Eden and couldn't find it. 

Thank you for adding the CWR Islands.

But IMHO - the original panelaks are a way better, then those you added.

Original panelak is a normal, common in former Eastern block countries commieblock - look at the attached picture - the one you added is kinda stupid, unrealistic and simply bad made. The windows are too high - the first floor, at least, could be using wall textures, not the foundation ones.

Instead of being so incredibly rude, why not make some new ones yourself if you know exactly how they should be? Feedback is always welcome, so long as it is useful and not so arrogant.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Strelok's comments about the buildings not looking right. It did bother me when I loaded up some old A2 maps with CUP but I was not sure if it was CUP or the original map models since not loading CUP would show no buildings in ARMA 3.

As for Strelok's rudeness, I would cut him some slack. It is obvious he is not a native English speaker and new to the forum. 

We should correct him and give him the chance to improve. In my line of work, I meet people from all over the world who are also non-native English speakers. They tend to be a tad more blunt mostly for the fact that they may not know the correct or more polite form of the words to be used. 

When corrected, most (all so far) are quite appreciative about this as they learned and will improve.

I'm sure it would be the same the other way around if native English speakers tried to speak Russian or Romanian. We will blurt out an impolite or more blunt word once in a while to get a point across.

Everytime I see beautiful Romanian girls, I blurt out all kinds of non-polite words too. :P

If he continues to be belligerent, then of course look to the banhammer. :D

• Like 6

Ok. I did a bit of googling. Apparently this error is caused when an addon doesn't binarize something or when something isn't defined correctly in the CfgModels I guess (or at least back in 2008 that was the case lol)?

Original thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/67240-no-entry-binconfigbincfgmodelsdefault/

I have no idea what changed in CUP to force this error to occur. If I find a solution, I'll post it back here.

I'm leaning towards a corrupt download or another addon causing the issue, as pboProject doesn't really forget to binarize things. If you want to upload the mission and send it to me along with a list of mods I'll try and help narrow down the issue.

• Like 1

In my experience an error like "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'." is just Arma telling you, that everything is fine and no more serious problems happened.

In what branch are you? Since I switched to APEX/DEV I have a lot of such errors. When I switch back, they disappear.

• Like 1

In my experience an error like "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'." is just Arma telling you, that everything is fine and no more serious problems happened.

In what branch are you? Since I switched to APEX/DEV I have a lot of such errors. When I switch back, they disappear.

Ha! good one!

I'm getting the same error every time i previewing a mission in the editor with cup core enabled but hell i don't even know if this has to do with the Cup Core or Maps, more likely not.

I'm seeing this at the latest stable public branch as well.

Yeah I'm getting those errors as well on stable and apex

No idea why, but it does seem to be when the editor is loading in all the stuff, so it might make sense that its cup related

I'm leaning towards a corrupt download or another addon causing the issue, as pboProject doesn't really forget to binarize things. If you want to upload the mission and send it to me along with a list of mods I'll try and help narrow down the issue.

I really appreciate it. :) The mission is actually in my signature (Prophet) but I'll PM you a new one which is on Takistan that would use less dependencies (same mods but obviously wouldn't require the additional map).

I guess I don't see how it's possible this error is not directly related to CUP Terrains (corrupt download aside). I've been making these missions for months and the only thing that changed was the recent CUP Terrains update. I didn't have this error two days ago, or two weeks or months ago; the dependencies haven't changed. CUP updates and BAM I get this error.

In the meantime I'll try downloading the terrain pack again. And thanks so much for offering to investigate! Hopefully the mod requirements don't dissuade you.

Thank you for adding the CWR Islands.

But IMHO - the original panelaks are a way better, then those you added.

Original panelak is a normal, common in former Eastern block countries commieblock - look at the attached picture - the one you added is kinda stupid, unrealistic and simply bad made. The windows are too high - the first floor, at least, could be using wall textures, not the foundation ones.

xtgdchcvjb_ca183c.jpg

OkNsbKa.jpg?1

This requires free 3D designers. It is not so easy to do for free.

I apologize for being rude. I didn't mean to offend neither you, nor the project, which I respect deeply. 
Yeah, @Valken is right - for a non-English speaker, which I am - it is kinda difficult to express exactly what you want to say and to not offend someone.
I just disliked the new panelak, and used negative words that described my feelings for it. I will try to be more polite and constructive next time.

• Like 9

I somehow missed this post. Sorry NeoArmageddon. I'm on stable branch. I haven't ever messed with Dev branch.

Are you kidding about this error being a message that everything is ok? Like there's really an error message that tells you there are no errors?

I'm a bit too literal sometimes so I apologize if that was a joke.

Any info I can get on this error would help me out a lot.

@NeoArmageddon

The CWR panelak is using custom textures - and the wall textures are simular to OFP ones.
The CUP Nogova panelak uses the textures of arma 2 panelak, that were turned black and white.
Yes, the inside structure is more complex, but the overall look of the building does not remind neither the OFP nor the real-life panelaks ofp-ones were built after at all. 

Oh.
Well, it looks better than the current one. At least the same material is used. 
But it has no spiritual connection with the OFP.
Maybe you try the CWR block textures for this one?

• Like 1

I apologize for being rude. I didn't mean to offend neither you, nor the project, which I respect deeply. 

Yeah, @Valken is right - for a non-English speaker, which I am - it is kinda difficult to express exactly what you want to say and to not offend someone.

I just disliked the new panelak, and used negative words that described my feelings for it. I will try to be more polite and constructive next time.

Fair to say.  And it takes real balls to apologize on a public forum - I commend you for that!  :D

• Like 3

Anybody know a good mod for getting the OFP units back? Or you know, at least units of that era?

There was excelent mod "East vs West" specially for imitate OFP units (when there was no CUP units, and RHS had only "few" vehicles). Its still available to dwonload but it may be outdated.

There was excelent mod "East vs West" specially for imitate OFP units (when there was no CUP units, and RHS had only "few" vehicles). Its still available to dwonload but it may be outdated.

Its outdated and don't think works with the current release. Anyway shall we get back on topic as that has nothing to do with CUP, if you wish to discuss anything offtopic please take it to PM. 

Hi guys.

Im noticing a big variation between the "near" ground texture colour, the "mid", and the actual satmap on Kolgujev. I would suggest using an alternate ground texture - maybe one from Altis, which is more similar to the satmap colour.

Please see below for reference:

satmap is much browner:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053177551/1B35FA284C497FD22CF1C91B4E3741BEA874C93D/

See between "mid" and "near":

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053178294/65EE5DEB1818F22090119479820F9D1ECAA03877/

"near" is very white:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053177949/C8A86F01EA7DCB75A619DAF597E5C8E769950E00/

• Like 1

Maybe you try the CWR block textures for this one?

The CWR texture make the panelaks look much more damaged than the original OFP ones or even the other buildings on nogova. To me it looks ultra unnatural if most buildings look new or just renovated and the panelaks look like 10 years of civil war. Also the CWR panels have to much features resulting in an unnatural copy&paste look. The new panelaks are better matching with the current state of the art. I may retexture the first floor to use concrete but the overall texture will stay.

• Like 1

To me it looks ultra unnatural if most buildings look new or just renovated and the panelaks look like 10 years of civil war. 

I don't know...We have a lot of state owned tower blocks here that I would believe had gone through 10 years of civil war  ;)

• Like 1

Did some beautiful person sneak in a fix for FATA's sound????

I can hear stuff!!!!

And the lighting is very good on desert maps now! Metalcraze! Thanks buddy! Good job! :)

Hi guys.

Im noticing a big variation between the "near" ground texture colour, the "mid", and the actual satmap on Kolgujev. I would suggest using an alternate ground texture - maybe one from Altis, which is more similar to the satmap colour.

satmap is much browner:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053177551/1B35FA284C497FD22CF1C91B4E3741BEA874C93D/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053178294/65EE5DEB1818F22090119479820F9D1ECAA03877/

"near" is very white:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/262714246053177949/C8A86F01EA7DCB75A619DAF597E5C8E769950E00/

Agree. Same with Chernarus, mostly near the forests, where satmap is almost black, when you drive vehicle it becoming beige.

Hi guys.

satmap is much browner:

"near" is very white:

Hi Stagler! Yeah apparently the ground textures aren't taking the color of the sat map like they used to in ArmA 2 which is why it looks so weird. 

• Like 1

Hi Stagler! Yeah apparently the ground textures aren't taking the color of the sat map like they used to in ArmA 2 which is why it looks so weird. 

Quite a shame, but this is why i wasnt remember this in Arma 2.

Quite a shame, but this is why i wasnt remember this in Arma 2.

All i can suggest is be patient and it will get fixed. If you want it done sooner, perhaps offer to help ;)

Can someone please advise on the string to use in required addons in custom map configs when using CUP. I have been trying to work this out to no avail and another member of the community asked this in the terrain builder editing forum too. 

Thanks.