CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

thank for the OFP map to bad i dont have all my old missions i made back in the day 

I have all my missions backed up, the fun of porting begins :)

• Like 1

Everon the home of real CTI. :292: 

Iam just running a mission on it.

Check my workshop if ya interested...

• Like 2

I have a problem with Nogova terrain. Both airstrips are totally white then sun light is on, but then i switch time to evening or night (without sun light) textures are normal.

20160624122109_1.jpg20160624122041_1.jpg

The drop box link isn't working. I'm downloading to my dedicated server so I have to deal with Armaholic's super slow 400kb/s download speed. :(

The drop box link isn't working. I'm downloading to my dedicated server so I have to deal with Armaholic's super slow 400kb/s download speed. :(

Well there maybe a reason for that, could be PC or ISP or http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29942

Some of the enterable buildings don't have mem points/positions for AI units to be spawned in or move to.  And the apartment buildings with positions have issues with their navmesh I think, because AI are totally unable to move into the building to a position if given a waypoint in the editor or move order in-game.  I'll open a ticket tonight probably with more precise details.

I have all my missions backed up, the fun of porting begins :)

Thats good to hear :) Too often we have a bunch of amazing maps, and nothing to do on them.

Yeah all the links except Armaholic seem to be down.Google drive is giving the "too many people have downloaded this" message.

The update is up on steam workshop and It's actually pretty fast for me at least.

Thank you for adding the CWR Islands.
But IMHO - the original panelaks are a way better, then those you added.
Original panelak is a normal, common in former Eastern block countries commieblock - look at the attached picture - the one you added is kinda stupid, unrealistic and simply bad made. The windows are too high - the first floor, at least, could be using wall textures, not the foundation ones.
xtgdchcvjb_ca183c.jpg

OkNsbKa.jpg?1

Original panelak is a normal, common in former Eastern block countries commieblock - look at the attached picture - the one you added is kinda stupid, unrealistic and simply bad made. The windows are too high - the first floor, at least, could be using wall textures, not the foundation ones.

Hey man, ever consider diplomatic career? Because you come across so nicely and politely that is really hard not to accommodate your wishes. Think about it!

• Like 10

I think the panelaks look fine, never broke my "immersion" in Petrovice, seemed like a perfectly realistic depressing eastern bloc city to me.

The textures are much better then on the old ones as far as I remember, thats good enough for me at least. (Same goes for all the stuff that have newer textures)

I can see why the brick part that high does look weird though, not a huge deal but It does look a little weird.

The difference is not only the texture but the quality of the building. The original panelaks by CWR2 were not enterable (besides the main entry and the roof) while the CUP panelaks are fully enterable. Because the floors are proxied, the additional star was introduces. Otherwise the fully enterable first floor would have intersected with the main hallway. Also the CUP panelak has a higher texture resolution. The exchanged panelak is far more open andthe texture looks much better and less noisy. If we had choosen to add the non-enterable model with the texture/layout you prefer, people would complain "Uhhhh... the panelak is totally stupid because it is not enterable. The panelaks on chernarus are way better. EXCHANGE THEM!!!1111"

CWR: http://anzp.de/upload/2016-06-24_20-45-52.png

CUP: http://anzp.de/upload/2016-06-24_20-46-50.png

I have seen many CUP like panelaks (here called Plattenbauten) with a first floor out of brick walls. It is not uncommon. Also AFAIK the CUP panelak was texture after a real building.

If you don't like the texture or model, feel free to create a better one, open a ticket in our tracker and attach it. Other wise: Either live with it, uninstall CUP or shut up.

• Like 9

I just loaded up a mission I've been working on on Takistan and had this pop up about 2-3 seconds after the mission loads:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'.
Is anyone familiar with this?

Should I open a ticket for this?

If anyone could just explain to me what this error is, I can definitely mess around and delete some stuff to see if I can make it go away on my own. I'm just not familiar with the message.

Should I open a ticket for this?

If anyone could just explain to me what this error is, I can definitely mess around and delete some stuff to see if I can make it go away on my own. I'm just not familiar with the message.

Are you running any other addons? I've seen a lot of errors in my life, but never that one specifically.

Are you running any other addons? I've seen a lot of errors in my life, but never that one specifically.

Yes. I've been working on this mission for months and have never seen any error like this. The only thing that changed was updating to the newest version of CUP Terrains. The previous version doesn't have this error.

I realize because I'm using mods I can't expect any direct support. But this update in itself has caused this error to occur so if anyone has ever seen it before and can tell me what it means, that would really help me out.

So happy to see ArmA CWA terrains ported to A3. :) Great work CUP, love all your work!

Recently, I've started playing again ArmA CWA, official + Resistance campaign, plus some really good community-made ones (Retaliation, Shadows of the Motherland).

Maybe someone can port them to A3. If I had the skill, I would do it, but seeing how much work required CWR2 discourages me. :(

Anybody know a good mod for getting the OFP units back? Or you know, at least units of that era?

It sounds to me like CUP isn't your "CUP" 'o' tea.  Perhaps you should stick with vanilla ARMA and leave the mods to us grown ups.

• Like 4

Well, the "issue" here is due to the fact that, possibly, in other combloc countries like Poland etc it was common to mix materials. But in the USSR itself most countries (save for Lithuenian SSR) there was little to no brick walls mixed with concrete panels. It was mostly either one or the other. Therefore for us ex-USSR ppl it really looks kind-of bizare.

I personally don't have that much of a problem with it. But I guess it would be cool to have all-panel texture for the first 2 "floors"... or just the 2nd row. Or leave it be.  ;)

I just loaded up a mission I've been working on on Takistan and had this pop up about 2-3 seconds after the mission loads:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'.
Ok. I did a bit of googling. Apparently this error is caused when an addon doesn't binarize something or when something isn't defined correctly in the CfgModels I guess (or at least back in 2008 that was the case lol)?

Possibly one of the addons contains a model that isn't specified in a CfgModels section, and not binarized. Something for the original authors to fix IMO.

As sickboy said, the problem lies with the original addon(s).

Addons should NEVER have a class CfgModels in their config.cpp, because it can lead to problems like the one you are seeing.

Instead, addon makers should binarize their addons, and use a model.cfg.

I suspect that a lot of addon makers don't use the proper tools pipeline, but rather try to use community pbo packers and other tools to make their addons. That leads to problems like these, unless the addon doesn't include p3d models.

Original thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/67240-no-entry-binconfigbincfgmodelsdefault/

I have no idea what changed in CUP to force this error to occur. If I find a solution, I'll post it back here.