CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Thank you CUP team (and CWR²), I love you guys.

As a huge CWR² fan, it`s lovely to see the classic terrains now in A3. I`d also kill for the campaign to make it to CUP, but hey, maybe for the 20th anniversary ^_^

In the A3 map open window, headline pretty much anywhere says "By Bohemia Interactive", can't that be changed?

Thank you CUP team (and CWR²), I love you guys.

As a huge CWR² fan, it`s lovely to see the classic terrains now in A3. I`d also kill for the campaign to make it to CUP, but hey, maybe for the 20th anniversary ^_^

Someday... ;)

• Like 1

Even the lighting on Everon airstrip is still blocky as death itself  :D  *hard nostalgia case intensifies!

Nice job guys!

Thanks!

Congrats on the release! Always nice to take a trip down memory lane and relive some of those classic OFP moments. 

Thanks you CUP and CRW2 Teams. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Like 1

Excellent!

We still have the 2D editor for another few weeks. I think I'll take a trip down memory lane and rebuild my first ever mission (on Malden) in the 2D editor.

• Like 2

Excellent!

We still have the 2D editor for another few weeks. I think I'll take a trip down memory lane and rebuild my first ever mission (on Malden) in the 2D editor.

Gah, we need hex editing and only a partly modeled Malden for maximum nostalgia  :lol: Oh and pkms 'reskinned' as m249s  :P

• Like 2

Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying the new (old) maps out.

Curious if anyone else is getting the following error when clicking the load icon in the 3d editor?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/ThriskW.description'

That's the correct direction for all the slashes, no idea if that matters or not. So far it doesn't seem to affect anything, just a minor annoyance each time I load up a scenario. This is occurring only with CUP Terrains Full 1.2.0 running and nothing else, so not sure why it's referencing Thrisk.

Edit: Maybe because I have Thrisk scenarios I've made with the standalone version of Thrisk it's trying to show them in the load screen because Thrisk needs data from CUP/AiA/A3MP? Just odd it started today with this update and wasn't there with CUP 1.0.0 or 1.1.0.

Edit 2: Yep, deleting all of my Thrisk missions from my mission folder fixes it. That's odd. Any recommendations on where to download Thrisk from now instead to fix this? Should I pack it into CUP Terrains instead now?

Any recommendations on where to download Thrisk from now instead to fix this? Should I pack it into CUP Terrains instead now?

Hmm i have always loaded my Thirsk into Terrains and it seems to work just fine.

the party is started!

"Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies!"   -_-

694F0D49D7347B1426BBD96B4F203031B069D3C4

• Like 6

Hmm i have always loaded my Thirsk into Terrains and it seems to work just fine.

The Thrisk terrain does work just fine, but I'm getting an error for Thrisk when I don't even have Thrisk loaded up, it seems CUP is looking for Thrisk files in the missions folder for some reason, despite the fact the changelog for 1.2.0 says something about Fixed: updating base class RPT errors from ThirskW inheriting CAWorld and Utes in different places. A little confusing why I now have an error (unless I move or delete all of my mission files ending in .Thrisk) after a fix when I didn't have an error in 1.1.0 before this fix. Almost as if Thrisk became a dependency for CUP if you have a .Thrisk mission anywhere in your missions folder.

Perhaps if it would allow me to make an account I could post it up, but it kicks me out every time unfortunately.

Perhaps if it would allow me to make an account I could post it up, but it kicks me out every time unfortunately.

:wacko: Can you provide some more detail?

I love the screenshots people are making with the new (old!) terrains already. Keep up the eye candy!

Haven't had a chance to kick around on these yet, myself, but it's wonderful to have such a complete history of Arma's terrain history. Thanks a ton, CUP team, you guys really do rock!

• Like 1

I love the screenshots people are making with the new (old!) terrains already. Keep up the eye candy!

Haven't had a chance to kick around on these yet, myself, but it's wonderful to have such a complete history of Arma's terrain history. Thanks a ton, CUP team, you guys really do rock!

They certainly are, some of the older members of this forum will have fond memories of running around the OFP islands  :)  

• Like 2

thank for the OFP map to bad i dont have all my old missions i made back in the day 

:wacko: Can you provide some more detail?

Not sure why it won't let me register or what details I can provide, but when I fill out the form and click Register Phabricator Account it idles for quite some time and then goes to a solid white browser screen. Using Chrome on Win7 through a hardline CAT6 to my router/modem combo.

I've tried on 3 separate occasions to register to report things, so this isn't a new issue for me. CUP just hates me :)

I just loaded up a mission I've been working on on Takistan and had this pop up about 2-3 seconds after the mission loads:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgModels.default'.
Is anyone familiar with this?
  • Like 1

I have a long day at work. Would any really kind person feel like posting some screens of the new desert lighting that I can drool over for awhile? :)

I will try but it looks very close to the original a2 maps.