CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Great, the update is here!

The new fixed desert shadows are looking good.

Here are some issues that I have noticed.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/489020127316545008/854949EF624ABAE3CB2626D83A6C050B39747DD6/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/489020127316543244/25A0BBE834FCB0B2ECAC6712A7CFADCC5ACD5266/

The ground (dirt) texture looks wrong, Self shading on buildings (objects) is still too blank.

I have no idea how difficult it is to do (fix) this, but in my opinion the overall color scheme should shift towards the original Chernarus. (or use Dayz standalone as reference...)

My apologies if it is a known issue already, but since Takistan could be fixed so can Chernarus.

Good job and best regards,

Vent

Any chance for patch instead of full version? 11Gb would download years in my region.

• Like 1

Steam WS patches (and compresses the filesize too), my download was 2.5GB in total for the update.

Thats a bad base for comparison, given your character's shadow position the sun is in a different location...

Steam WS patches (and compresses the filesize too), my download was 2.5GB in total for the update.

Yes but i dont download from workshop any more. Mostly beacuse it redownlrything when localisation change, even if i gave him already downloaded files. I change localisation of files 3 times, and had to redownload 19 GB - 3 days without game. I was meaning updates without any client (no PWS). I can download max 384kb/s

Any chance for patch instead of full version? 11Gb would download years in my region.

+1

Anyway for Zip or 7z patch? I and many didn't download CUP Terrains due to all the problems on Steam Workshop.

If we switch over to Steam now, we still would need to re-download the full contents unless someone with the steam version can advise how to move and rename the folders over to the !Workshop folder correctly.

Edit - any chance for a list of house that are ENTERABLE so we can use TPW_MOD to light em up during the night?

• Like 1

To download only the changed files you could do this:

• Get a copy of wget.exe (if you have RHS you can get the exe from their updater) and make sure it's in your %PATH% (c:\windows\system32 should work fine)
  • Open a cmd.exe in the @CUP_Terrains_Core folder
  • Run the following:

wget -m -nH --retry-connrefused --timeout=30 http:/[some.mirror.com]/CUP/@CUP_Terrains_Core/
  • Open a cmd.exe in the @CUP_Terrains_Maps folder
  • Run the following:

wget -m -nH --retry-connrefused --timeout=30 http://[some.mirror.com]/CUP/@CUP_Terrains_Maps/
Or, if you use @CUP_Terrains_Complete:
  • Get a copy of wget.exe (if you have RHS you can get the exe from their updater) and make sure it's in your %PATH% (c:\windows\system32 should work fine)
  • Open a cmd.exe in the @CUP_Terrains_Complete
  • Run the following:

wget -m -nH --retry-connrefused --timeout=30 http://[some.mirror.com]/CUP/@CUP_Terrains_Complete/
Not sure if it's appreciated that those mirrors are used but I got them from this thread. :)

EDIT: Mirror url removed as requested: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186835-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/page-47#entry3050398

• Run the following:

I do the same for syncing CUP with my squad but be advised that this is not a solution might also redownload everything and you will end up with the same download size. When we patch the Terrains, we recompile all Addons as a lot of configs have changes that need to be reflected in all of the pbos, resulting in new files. Depending on wget/FTP server you get the same files as you already have.

There are the reason we only provide full downloads and no patches:

Nearly all pbos change with a patch and a patch archive would be nearly the same size as the complete download (unless differential update is used, but that involves expensive or time consuming software). Also with a patch we can't control the deletion of unused pbos and the results with modified installations (yes, people delete/add pbos to the @CUP folders and wonder why stuff breaks). People will end up with depreciated pbos and will complain about duplicated stuff, bugs and errors.

Also the "bug reports" about broken WS workshop downloads are already bringing us near our support capacity. We simply couldn't handle the support overhead by false bug reports due to patching problems and even more versions/download.

Thats why we only provide complete downloads is not because we want to f**k over people with slow internet, but to provide a stable and reproducable mod environment.

• Like 1

Yes but i dont download from workshop any more. Mostly beacuse it redownlrything when localisation change, even if i gave him already downloaded files. I change localisation of files 3 times, and had to redownload 19 GB - 3 days without game. I was meaning updates without any client (no PWS). I can download max 384kb/s

As was already said, no patch, not from us. Preparing this for release is a lot of work all in itself, not even mentioning the work required to actually port and improve all the stuff, so I'm afraid we do not have time for anything like that.

I know 11 GB are a lot of zeros and ones, but as I said, it's not likely to happen.

Thanks for the update, CUP team. Great work as always! :rthumb:

• Like 1

+1

Anyway for Zip or 7z patch? I and many didn't download CUP Terrains due to all the problems on Steam Workshop.

If we switch over to Steam now, we still would need to re-download the full contents unless someone with the steam version can advise how to move and rename the folders over to the !Workshop folder correctly.

Edit - any chance for a list of house that are ENTERABLE so we can use TPW_MOD to light em up during the night?

You can always use PlayWithSix, as that will update whatever you already have. Just make sure you rename your current folder to match the folder name on PwS (in the case of CUP terrains, that means all the *maps* files under @cup_terrains_maps/addons and the rest in @cup_terrains_core/addons) and it will recognise what you already have and take it from there.

Thats a bad base for comparison, given your character's shadow position the sun is in a different location...

The sun is in the same position. The same date and time are set.

I was also surprised.

• Run the following:

wget -m -nH --retry-connrefused --timeout=30 http://redacted
  • Open a cmd.exe in the @CUP_Terrains_Maps folder
  • Run the following:

Or, if you use @CUP_Terrains_Complete:
  • Open a cmd.exe in the @CUP_Terrains_Complete
  • Run the following:

Not sure if it's appreciated that those mirrors are used but I got them from this thread. :)

Actually I do mind, that server belongs to me and it is not configured to handle a large number of download requests and runs several other services that might get impacted by those. We use it only for internal distribution in CUP and I would kindly ask you to remove the links to that server.

• Like 1

<3

• Added: Everon
  • Added: Malden

Thanks for the continued work on the terrains team much appreciated especially the old fav's just been added. Quick question / request, any chance 'OFP World' might make an appearance down the line some time?

Actually I do mind, that server belongs to me and it is not configured to handle a large number of download requests and runs several other services that might get impacted by those. We use it only for internal distribution in CUP and I would kindly ask you to remove the links to that server.

Roger, links removed. :)

Quick question / request, any chance 'OFP World' might make an appearance down the line some time?

Maybe ;)

• Like 1

Now all we need is some good campaign for RHS/CUP units, campaign remake from arma 2, Arma, OFP and missions... many missions.

• Like 1

I have a long day at work. Would any really kind person feel like posting some screens of the new desert lighting that I can drool over for awhile? :)

Started up Arma and it started a 2.5GB download.  I was like "wtf?" and checked Armaholic.  Then I saw we get OFP islands and Taki lighting fix and was like WHOOOO!

Awesome, thanks!

Next "bug" in steam client - it showing it dwonloading workshop content, but not which one. And doesnt show time left (like in case when downloading game). Off course its reported, but before they'll answear......

Everon and the other old terrains give me such a huge nostalgia flash. It's crazy. I still know all the places and where I've toyed around with editor stuff, etc. it's awesome. But on the other hand, the terrain texture is so bland and the landscape is lacking so many details, that I am totally unable to seriously play on them anymore nowadays. It's crazy how much better e.g. Altis or even Chernarus is looking in comparison.

Is there a port of the old Operation Flashpoint over to A3? Would really love to play that old thing again with all the new features.

Maybe ;)

Intriguing :)

Home again:

y6roEgd.jpg 

• Like 4