CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Amazing news, so much memories on those Islands  :wub:

Thank you to all the guys behind CUP and CWR2.

Is it really 15 years! Seems like yesterday when i was playing OFP  B) . Also thanks for bringing the islands back, it means my Nogovan Armed Forces Mod now have a home :D

• Like 7

Hah, quite the surprise seeing my Nogova being revived in CUP. Glad it finally happened, even though I wish I would've been informed of this earlier. :D

• Like 5

Whow, thats like CTI will comming home !

• Like 2

Now my ArmA experience will actually become "splendid"  ;)

I suppose all the buildings that have counterparts from A1/2 have been replaced by CWR2 even prior to porting?

Because as I remember, every house was made enterable and even had AI navmaps n stuff...

Because as I remember, every house was made enterable and even had AI navmaps n stuff...

They weren't all enterable but we did add some back in CWR2. I would imagine that the ones that were enterable will stay enterable since I believe they have the latest versions.

Best news in ages. CWR2 was the only thing A2 had left over A3. 

Will we see the OFP campaigns too eventually?

Thanks for this fellas ;)

-

Could you please upload a patch only to armaholics.

Thank you.

-

Wait-whats that PWS update for? You guys haven't released the new terrain right?

• Like 1

Wait-whats that PWS update for? You guys haven't released the new terrain right?

They have, at least according to the patch notes i just DL'd- about to test it.

EDIT: Yup playing Nogova right now! Sweet! Thank you for all you do CUP!

• Like 2

They have, at least according to the patch notes i just DL'd- about to test it.

Any confirmation?

Any confirmation?

Yes its available via their own google mirror. http://cup-arma3.org/download (not sure if it was intentional or not? :ph34r: ) I just downloaded Terrains_Complete-1.2.0  Again great work CUP team!The only reason I attempted to DL it was because I noticed it was 11gb vs the 9gb previous version.

• Like 1

Downloaded as well... The new maps look amazing. Part of me hopes that some of the buildings will be replaced with enterable versions! Amazing work!

• Like 1

Yes its available via their own google mirror. http://cup-arma3.org/download (not sure if it was intentional or not? :ph34r: ) I just downloaded Terrains_Complete-1.2.0  Again great work CUP team!The only reason I attempted to DL it was because I noticed it was 11gb vs the 9gb previous version.

Of course it was intentional. We uploaded overnight (and hoped nobody would see). Releasepost follows shortly.

• Like 4

-

Could you please upload a patch only to armaholics.

Thank you.

-

Not going to happen I'm afraid.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Google Drive, PWS and SteamWS are updated. You can find the links here: http://cup-arma3.org/download  Armaholic mirror will follow shortly.

Here are the changelogs:

CUP Terrains 1.2.0 Core:

+  ADDED:      New CWA buildings, objects and associated data
+  ADDED:      Animations for the sliding doors on stodola_open.p3d

@  FIXED:    Materials in fire geometry of stodola_open.p3d and stodola_old_open.p3d
@  FIXED:    RPT errors from view geometry of stodola_old_open.p3d not being convex
@  FIXED:    updating base class RPT errors for Fuelstation, Land_Houpacka, and Land_piskoviste
@  FIXED:    updating base class RPT errors from ThirskW inheriting CAWorld and Utes in different places
@  FIXED:    RPT errors and ladders on panelak2.p3d and panelak3.p3d - Fixes 1419

@  IMPROVED:  Tweaked desert lighting
@  IMPROVED:  Tweaked Utes, Chernarus, Bukovina, Bystrica grass

CUP Terrains 1.2.0 Maps:

+  ADDED:      5 New terrains from Arma: Cold War Rearmed, originally made by CWR2 Team
+  ADDED:      Everon
+  ADDED:      Malden
+  ADDED:      Kolgujev
+  ADDED:      Nogova
+  ADDED:      Desert Island

@  FIXED:    #CRTarmac parallax issue on Chernarus

@  IMPROVED:  Various fixes and improvements on the CWR2 terrains
Kudos to the CWR2 Team for allowing us to port the iconic OFP terrains from Arma2 to Arma3. For the full list of people that worked on those terrains, please see their website.
  • Like 19

We are at the point where CUP TP now features ALL ArmAverse terrains BI ever released*! :yay:

Please note that despite being slightly changed (grass, light, some models) the terrains are nearly the same as the ones released for Arma2. We will improve, expand and fix these terrains with the coming terrain patches. For example there are still some buildings that are in (old) CUP and also in the new CWA pbos. Some of the those buildings have slightly different models or textures and we plan to replace the CWA buildings with their corresponding CA (A1/A2/A3) counterparts in future updates to get all terrains on the same ground (the panelaks on Nogova are already replaced and retextured for example). We just wanted to push this patch out, ready for the 15 year anniversary.

*Poseidon was never really released, was it?
  • Like 8

We are at the point where CUP TP now features ALL ArmAverse terrains BI ever released*!  :yay:

ToH terrains are not there (not that they would be of much use in their original detail).

I really hope we'll get the rest of the EPIC CWR2 terrains like Poseidon and those winter versions.

Downloading new version ASAP!