CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Yes I know one does not use things without permission. Except Life guys maybe. And yes, I see now I can use the A2 map and it works. No, no problem here.

Sorry for asking. I was simply not aware that this thread is being flooded by stupid questions like mine.

I have a problem i download a CUP Terrains Completed and when i have run Arma shows me a message CUP_CASings_E reqires addon CUP_Misc_Data

What is going on ?

You can use nearly every ArmA 1/ArmA 2 map in ArmA 3 with CUP Terrains, including Podagorsk, so what exactly is your problem?

Yes you are right but 1.60 and onwards broke the skies, lighting and weather for most maps. 

We'll try to email the authors of those maps and ask them to consider working with CUP to inherit the fixes or fix it themselves.

In fact, most of the maps work with the new lighting just fine because with the 1.60 update CUP Terrains 1.1.0 was released which adapted CAWorld to the new lighting.

• Like 1

I have a problem i download a CUP Terrains Completed and when i have run Arma shows me a message CUP_CASings_E reqires addon CUP_Misc_Data

What is going on ?

Matux100, it is possible your download got corrupted.  You'll have to redownload/install the mod.

I try reinstall mod but still the same

Are you running other mods as well? The error looks like it may be to do with CUP vehicles, due to the CAS thing-maybe something with a Jet? try running terrains on it's own

• Like 1

I've personally ditched the Workshop version of CUP Terrains. I find I have WAY less issues just downloading the pack whenever you guys put an update out. I'd recommend if anyone's having errors like this, trying the standalone download just to see if it helps.

• Like 2

I've personally ditched the Workshop version of CUP Terrains. I find I have WAY less issues just downloading the pack whenever you guys put an update out. I'd recommend if anyone's having errors like this, trying the standalone download just to see if it helps.

Yeah it seems like the workshop version of the Terrain Pack is the #1 culprit for misdownloads...

good job guys!

Hi Guys i have a problem...
When I open they maps there are no buildings at all. I downloaded AiA map pack last time but I need CUP to run other maps I have. But since the visual update the sky has turned black on the AiA map pack. Any suggestions?

AiA is obsolete and abandoned, the sky is fixed in cup terrains. dont use aia any more (cup is aia backward compatible)

Hi Guys i have a problem...

When I open they maps there are no buildings at all. I downloaded AiA map pack last time but I need CUP to run other maps I have. But since the visual update the sky has turned black on the AiA map pack. Any suggestions?

Just to make sure, you are NOT running CUP and AiA at the same time, yes?

Also, where did you download from? Workshop? Have you downloaded the Maps and Core, and have loaded both?

Another question: I cannot find the CUP building classnames. Specifically the buildings that are now enterable from OpFor, A1 and A2.

Is there a list somewhere? I want to inform TPW to add it to his mod so we can light up houses that are enter able.

-

Salutations to all !!!

Apologies if I post this on the other thread too but I know that this thread has "Terrains" on it but it would be better if I post this to the other thread too.

I do not know if these was already address here.

I notice that when I enabled the "CUP Terrains 1.1.0 Maps", the tires of the vehicles on the Esseker map were below the ground and inoperable. But when I disabled the "CUP Terrains" and enabled "AiA Terrain Pack", the vehicles were on the ground and operable.

Hope to see this fix.

Thank you.

-

-

Salutations to all !!!

Apologies if I post this on the other thread too but I know that this thread has "Terrains" on it but it would be better if I post this to the other thread too.

I do not know if these was already address here.

I notice that when I enabled the "CUP Terrains 1.1.0 Maps", the tires of the vehicles on the Esseker map were below the ground and inoperable. But when I disabled the "CUP Terrains" and enabled "AiA Terrain Pack", the vehicles were on the ground and operable.

Hope to see this fix.

Thank you.

-

I've seen some people referring to that in exile forums but the same thing happens to me even in SP,was also mentioned that the problem stops when using AiA instead.But none is sure if this is indeed from cup or from the map itself.

-

I see... So your Ravage-DayZs Esseker mod also having this issue/bug.

I played the map and roamed around because it is my first time to use the map and then I found a vehicle and when I inspect it, that is the time that I notice that it is stuck on the ground.

And also I thought that if I will use your mod it will fix it but it is just all the same for us.

I hope that it will be fix soon cause Esseker is a huge terrain and walking will take a lot of time to go to other places.

-

Looks like a problem with Essekers config inheritance, otherwise we would see the same problems with CUP Terrains like Chernarus, etc. So it is not a problem in the CUP addon but how Esseker relies on A2 content provided by CUP/AiA.

For now: Nothing we can fix ourself without breaking other terrains.

Whoever is in charge of Esseker source/configs should check the cfgSurface classes and if they define in A3 unsupported values.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

first of all, thank you for the amazing work. I just love the latest update. I only have one problem, though. CUP_Terrains_Complete-1.1.0 seems to be missing certain assets on my end, compared to CUP_Terrains_Complete-1.0.1.

Just a few assets I can't seem to find any more: https://i.sli.mg/MFsFkU.png

Example Asset Browser Industrial Pipes: https://i.sli.mg/PWW1gw.jpg

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case, or if this problems exists only on my end.

Thank you!

Hi,

On Zargabad's map there are 2 construction cranes that are not at the right height

Just near the airport, on the construction site.

Thanks for your hard work guys

regards

I've got terrible immersionplaying with terrain rendering. Problems lie in terrain texture -satelite image. They just dont fit on most of cases which resoult of :

First off, thanks to everyone that has worked on this for getting out the version to be compatible with the Bis's "visual upgrade".

And there seems to be an issue with Utes, at least on my end the ground textures at close range are showing grey and not matching to the color they show as at a distance away. I quickly tried Chenarus and Sahrani and did not see this.

It all began today 15 years ago with Everon, Malden and Kolgujev. Want to go back?

More infos coming soonâ„¢.

• Like 38