CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

report for cup_terrains_core:

"cannot load texture ca\water\data\antiwater_ca.paa" in buldozer....

and after the last update of cup core, i get in game "cannot open object ca\misc_e\powergen.p3d"

http://blog.topazlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/HDR_Example_Clean.jpg

Looks familiar?  ;)

BIS is using some HDR-like technique, that's why there are no more dark areas in the scene. In photography that's something good, when you want to show everything that is in front of the camera (good example -> http://www.luminescentphoto.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Odell_20130109_3496-HDR-Edit.jpg), but is the opposite of a realistic look. In short, the "visual upgrade" is making sure every part of the scene is visible, regardless of natural lighning conditions, so we are able to see now, parts of the scene that are, in real life, too dark to be seen. Also, every part of every texture, is much more exposed now, so they better be good, which is not the case in most cases, specially with older stuff, or non proffesional work. And the bigger the monitor, the bigger the problem.

Exactly my thoughts, look of arma 3 now looks to fake to me, whites are to white and the blacks to black if that makes sence.

Exactly my thoughts, look of arma 3 now looks to fake to me, whites are to white and the blacks to black if that makes sence.

okay, can we move this sort of discussion to the Visual Update feedback thread? I already unsubscribed from that one so I don't have to read all the whining, please don't make this thread another whining thread again. If you have something constructive to say, please do so ("I think X is too saturated") but I am really REALLY growing tired of the "It looks horrible/fake" type of arguments.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Ok, just want to say thou, i love Arma 3 still and all the Cup mods, still the best type of game out there, cheers

Under what are they i tried to run only cup and still no roads  ? can anyone confirm that cup complete is 9.43GB?

any one else getting this or is it just me ?

any one else getting this or is it just me ?

the roads is in ca_roads.pbo , ca_roads2.pbo , ca_roads_e.pbo and ca_roads_pmc.pbo

you want to use it for A3 island? 

Why do not you add the Clafghan?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15580

Because:

1. That is a community map
  2. We need the authors explicit permission and source
  3. We have other bugs and stuff to fix on our current terrains and that should have a much higher priority
  4. This is not a wishlist
  5. We don't feel like porting it ourself
  6. The authors can port it themself
  7. You can port it yourself if you want it that much
  8. It works already in A3 when loaded with CUP TP Core

P.S. Sorry if that list sounds harsh/sarcastic.That is mostly because I am suspecting the author if the message is the same as the one here: http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1505and people still seems to not understand the scope/aim of CUP or just doesn't want to understand it.

• Like 3

report for cup_terrains_core:

"cannot load texture ca\water\data\antiwater_ca.paa" in buldozer....

and after the last update of cup core, i get in game "cannot open object ca\misc_e\powergen.p3d"

maybe this help??? (from rpt)

0:18:06 ca\misc_e\powgen_big_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

20:18:06 ca\misc_e\wf\wf_hesco_big_10x_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
20:18:06 ca\misc_e\fort_envelopebig_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing
20:18:06 ca\misc_e\fort_envelopebig_ep1.p3d: house, config class missing

the roads is in ca_roads.pbo , ca_roads2.pbo , ca_roads_e.pbo and ca_roads_pmc.pbo

you want to use it for A3 island? 

No i trying to make a FOB in edan i already did ones but with the new update the roads are not available in 3d or 2d ?  

WIP desert lighting for next CUP patch

Definitively an improvement! :) 

okay, can we move this sort of discussion to the Visual Update feedback thread? I already unsubscribed from that one so I don't have to read all the whining, please don't make this thread another whining thread again. If you have something constructive to say, please do so ("I think X is too saturated") but I am really REALLY growing tired of the "It looks horrible/fake" type of arguments.

Thank you.

It look too saturated LOL

• Like 1

Amazing how a bit of change in the lighting can make everything appear to have more volume and substance.
Great work, Kraze!

• Like 1

It look too saturated LOL

See? Much better :)

• Like 2

is it possible to fix the lamps to work with the " _x setHit ["light_1_hitpoint", 0.97]; " command?

right now the lights is allways on 

thanks

New lighting looks amazing, BUT wait for 1.62 (it should be very soon). It will correct most of bugs reported yet, so around 40% of lighting will change again.

great work metalcraze, spread the word how you managed to fix it :P

I hope this gets to Silola and he continues work on his map Taunus

• Like 3

Guys i have big ask for you:
When you will be releasing nex version, could you consider also only update version? I mean, only updated files?

Right now, i removed CUP from steam workshop as it stared to redownload all 20GB of mods again, even when they was on disc (i removed steam files to "restart it", but let games & mods folder intact on other drive). Now i needed to unsubscribe all terrain mods, beacuse it would take years to download.

I got very slow internet connection (256kb/s) and downloading with it its a nightmare, but i have to live with it 3 months (local problems). Please consider updates, i love your work, but downloading 9GB would take very long.

• Like 1

great work metalcraze, spread the word how you managed to fix it :P

I hope this gets to Silola and he continues work on his map Taunus

Yeah, I've already shared what I know with a guy from Taunus team so hopefully their work will pick up

However the proper documentation by BIS would be of great help and thankfully BIS is on it so everybody will (soon) be able to tweak lighting to their heart's content

• Like 1