CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

In the editor, we can put on the ground sounds. But they do not sound. For example the sound of a barking dog or a cow moo do not sound, at the same time trigger "alarm" sounds. Will you fix it?

Still awaiting the full update from PW6. Right now it does not work with only maps 1.1.0.

• Like 1

Glorious 400kb/s with a 9.4GB download. T^T

Your lucky-I only have 100kb/s

Looks fantastic in the screenshots.Thanks so much CUP team.

Edit: WHOOP_Armaholic link already. Thaks FOxhound :D

CUP Terrains Core is being processed right now on PWS, Steam is already updated and here are google drive links:

CUP Terrains - Core - 1.1.0 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pLLNiesSsbNlRBQ1AtbnU4OGs/view?usp=sharing

CUP Terrains - Maps - 1.1.0 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pLLNiesSsbNUpvenlQejR0LW8/view?usp=sharing

CUP Terrains - Complete - 1.1.0 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pLLNiesSsbTUxRZ01TVThQdUE/view?usp=sharing

• Like 10

Sorry if its not a place to ask: is it possible to cook up a visual upgrade config for other mod maps? I would like to know how it was done for CUP and how much work it was. Just asking in case some of the mod maps I have installed might not get and update.

Thx for all your hard work on this, will this be on steam workshop.

Ohh my god, thanks for that google drive mirror. from 6h to 5min. Nice!

Ohh my god, thanks for that google drive mirror. from 6h to 5min. Nice!

16 days --> 15 min lol

Thanks for the quick update, can't wait to see the old maps with new shaders.

• Like 2

I looked at it before the new shaders and effed skyboxes were fixed and they still looked great.

ehh, maybe not sahrani on second thought.

Thx for all your hard work on this, will this be on steam workshop.

The core and map packs have already been updated on steam workshop.

In the editor, we can put on the ground sounds. But they do not sound. For example the sound of a barking dog or a cow moo do not sound, at the same time trigger "alarm" sounds. Will you fix it?

Thanks, we're aware of this and it has been an issue for awhile now, but was a low priority. I'll take a look at it for the next update.

Sorry if its not a place to ask: is it possible to cook up a visual upgrade config for other mod maps? I would like to know how it was done for CUP and how much work it was. Just asking in case some of the mod maps I have installed might not get and update.

Well metalcraze (also known as kraze) did a lot of fine tuning on the CUP Terrains for this update, but it's not too hard to get maps to a perfectly fine working state. Look for his responses in this thread.

A couple of things to note...

Some of the desert maps (specifically Zargabad) have ground textures that are a little too bright/white, we're aware of this and deciding what change will best suit each terrain.

Secondly, some objects in Eden haven't seen the light of day in years so there are bound to be some issues, which you can report here on our bug tracker and they'll get fixed at some pointâ„¢.

I appreciate all of the thanks, it feels good to be appreciated and have the opportunity to share our work with so many people.

• Like 2

Love the new objects, although Zeus flags are broken and these objects are not placeable from Zeus interface. Can we expect a hotfix? :(

Sorry if sounds silly, but i can't understand the difference of versions Maps, Core and Complete.

I want to port my mod, curently on Stratis map, to one of the CUP Terrains. Wich version i need to ask my players to download?

Sorry if sounds silly, but i can't understand the difference of versions Maps, Core and Complete.

I want to port my mod, curently on Stratis map, to one of the CUP Terrains. Wich version i need to ask my players to download?

Maps contains the arma 2 maps, core contains the base, complete has both

Love the new objects, although Zeus flags are broken and these objects are not placeable from Zeus interface. Can we expect a hotfix? :(

I'm unfortunately not very familiar with Zeus so it's entirely possible I've missed some things needed for it. I'll get some of the other's input on it tomorrow, not sure about a hotfix though unless there are other big issues, but maybe a standalone PBO.

The complete pack is just the maps and core together, placed in the same addon for convenience. The maps pack only contains maps from A1, A2, and DLCs (Chernarus, Takistan, Utes, etc...) and requires you to have the core pack to use it. However, the core pack by itself is standalone and contains the actual models of buildings, plants, etc..., and is sometimes used by other terrain makers to give them access to more content to place and use on their maps. So if you were to load up the game with only the core pack you would see no extra maps, but would have access to more structures and objects in the editor.

So for your situation I would assume you would like to use a map like Chernarus. This would require the complete pack, or alternatively the maps and core, because complete = maps + core.

Sorry, I'm a mission maker and don't get everything about mods, so I need a little bit more clarificiation about the removed section of changelog:

- REMOVED: A1/A2 placeholder configs for 2D editor (still accessible through scope=1 but not advised)

What does it mean? I always use 2D editor in Arma3. I found it more usefull than 3D editor. Can I use it after this upgrade? And why not advised?

- REMOVED: Buildings from ibr_plants that were interfering with other CUP buildings

Icebreakr's Lingor island needed CUP terrain. After this upgrade Lingor will miss the ibr_plants?

CUP Download page updated with new mirrors including PWS, GD and Steam:

http://cup-arma3.org/download

Sorry, I'm a mission maker and don't get everything about mods, so I need a little bit more clarificiation about the removed section of changelog:

We removed the Map Builder editor upgrade config that brought most trees, signs, rocks and houses to the 2D/3D editor but without anims and advanced configs (this was a temporary solutions to fix MapBuilder, XCAM and co). The old classes are still scope=1, so old missions using them won't break.

Pennyworth added new configs and mapped all existing landclasses to the editor so you now can place CUP buildings with animated doors and action entries. Because the new editor placed objects use the same classes as the terrain placed objects we strongly recommend to use those instead of the old ones.

Icebreakr's Lingor island needed CUP terrain. After this upgrade Lingor will miss the ibr_plants?

Lingor ships ibr_plants itself AFAIK. Nothing should break.

• Like 2

Thank you NeoArmageddon for clarification! (And for the hard work of course!!)