CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

I was wondering if there was any place that has a list of maps that have been tested to work that aren't included in the CUP Terrains pack. If not, could you guys include a list of supported maps along side the next update?

I was wondering if there was any place that has a list of maps that have been tested to work that aren't included in the CUP Terrains pack. If not, could you guys include a list of supported maps along side the next update?

All terrains that were properly made for A2(+OA) should run without problems with CUP TP. I am only remembering one terrain had missing sounds (not sure which one) but all other should run fine.

Note that we can't test every terrain out there, so we most likely won't make a list with "This works with CUP TP" as most should run anyway.

All terrains that were properly made for A2(+OA) should run without problems with CUP TP. I am only remembering one terrain had missing sounds (not sure which one) but all other should run fine.

Note that we can't test every terrain out there, so we most likely won't make a list with "This works with CUP TP" as most should run anyway.

Thanks. The map without sound is FATA and I opened a ticket on your official site (you said a month or so ago you thought it could be due to your pack not incorporating the specific ASCZ fix needed for FATA to have sound).

Yeah I appreciate the clarification. I sat there crossed eyed trying to find a map I knew with 100% certainty would work after 1.60 in a mission I was working on yesterday. So I went with Zargabad. :)

Good to know I didn't need to do that and thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

Scared the crap out of me. I was already forming a reply when I saw the next post highlighting the "obviously being sarcastic" which I missed!!!!!!!!

Seriously! You should reread what was posted there. NOBODY EXCEPT YOU is talking about CUP Terrains being stopped. The other guys are talking about old community maps whose authors are not around anymore.

Thanks. The map without sound is FATA and I opened a ticket on your official site (you said a month or so ago you thought it could be due to your pack not incorporating the specific ASCZ fix needed for FATA to have sound).

Yeah I appreciate the clarification. I sat there crossed eyed trying to find a map I knew with 100% certainty would work after 1.60 in a mission I was working on yesterday. So I went with Zargabad. :)

I too am eagerly hoping FATA will have sound again. I still have AiATP on my hardrive just for it lol ;)

• Like 1

I too am eagerly hoping FATA will have sound again. I still have AiATP on my hardrive just for it lol ;)

Definitely. It's an awesome map.

I had a grand old time trying to clear that main city dead center last night. Taliban reinforcements came in over the hills eventually and it was nuts. :) Good times.

I know the CUP team has a lot on their plate but this would be a cool fix. I know they're currently working on the lighting for the map so getting the sound in would be excellent as well.

The 1.60 update has just been released to the stable branch and with that comes the visual upgrade. For the majority of the CUP Terrains you will see a broken sky, but have no fear, pending there are no issues with the internal build we will have an update ready within a few hours that features more than just the changes for the visual upgrade.

• Like 27

Awesome, thanks for the hard work!

here's hoping for either fixed or removed ponds!  :rolleyes:

Either way, my SSD is ready!

The 1.60 update has just been released to the stable branch and with that comes the visual upgrade. For the majority of the CUP Terrains you will see a broken sky, but have no fear, pending there are no issues with the internal build we will have an update ready within a few hours that features more than just the changes for the visual upgrade.

Fantastic news. Hopefully a PWS mirror will follow very shortly behind :)

• Like 3

I will be releasing an update for ASCZ fixes later this week, it will be fully dependent on CUP TP, so there shouldn't be any problems.

• Like 3

I will be releasing an update for ASCZ fixes later this week, it will be fully dependent on CUP TP, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Oh hell yes!!!!!

Is there any reason why it can't be incorporated directly into CUP?

Anyway, thanks a million. This is incredible news. :)

And here it is, the CUP Terrains Pack update 1.1.0 just in time for the ArmA3 "Visual Update" 1.60

Here are the temporary mirrors until the major distribution platforms are updated:

http://cup-arma3.org/download

Most kudos goes to Pennyworth for really pushed CUP TP forward since he joined nine weeks ago.

Also big thanks to metalcraze for his awesome works on the new lighting and EvroMalarkey, Kllrt, Varanon, TheConen and aoighost for bug fixing and more.

And here is the changelog:

Version 1.1.0 (30.05.2016)

+ ADDED:    New 1.60 'Visual Update' lighting config for every CUP terrain
+ ADDED:    Editor classes and categories
+ ADDED:    EDEN configuration and 2224 editor previews for most objects in CUP Terrains.
+ ADDED:    A new penetration material for banana trees
+ ADDED:    office_chair now has plastic material assigned
+ ADDED:    Wood- and glassmaterial to wallboards
+ ADDED:    Woodmaterial to conference_table_a
+ ADDED:    Materials to 29 furniture objects
+ ADDED:    Materials to 52 A1 rocks
+ ADDED:    New materials for A_Office02
+ ADDED:    Material on A_CraneCon
+ ADDED:    Merged in some improved PMC plants textures from AiA and OA
+ ADDED:    New A1 legacy bargate (just differes in alignment and rotation from A2 zavora_2)
+ ADDED:    Flags in EDEN

- REMOVED: A1/A2 placeholder configs for 2D editor (still accessible through scope=1 but not advised)
- REMOVED: Lighting from CAWorld
- REMOVED: Buildings from ibr_plants that were interfering with other CUP buildings

@ FIXED: RPT spam due bones and invalid geometry
@ FIXED: Fence plot_green_draty is not bulletproof anymore
@ FIXED: Railway collision (thanks to Reyhard)
@ FIXED: A_Office01 was missing important named properties (proxies and collision works again)
@ FIXED: A1 plants now should all have correct material assigned (bushes not bullet proof anymore)
@ FIXED: Banana plant is not a yellow pole anymore
@ FIXED: Floating A3 clutter
@ FIXED: A1 building brana02
@ FIXED: Some core objects were using textures from zargabad pbo
@ FIXED: Broken texture in PowGen_Big_EP1 at a certain distance
@ FIXED: Alphachannel borders on b_canina2s
@ FIXED: Parallax of utes ground texture
@ FIXED: Takistan rocks were penetratable by bullets and AI vision
@ FIXED: Position numbering in A_Office01
@ FIXED: Improved view- and firegeometry of some A2 trees
@ FIXED: Texture and material of lampazel
@ FIXED: CUP Terrains Core interfering with A3 landing lights
@ FIXED: Moving geometries on A1 containers when animated
@ FIXED: Animation of benzina_schnell
@ FIXED: fuelstation and fuelstation now correctly serve as refueling point
@ FIXED: CUP Terrains config overriding A3 baseclasses
@ FIXED: Various requiredAddons related errors
@ FIXED: Dark water with 'Visual Update'

@ IMPROVED: A2 rocks are now using granite material instead of concrete
@ IMPROVED: Improved firegeometry on  many A1 foliage
@ IMPROVED: Swapped strange concrete texture on Chernarus with original A2 concrete texture
@ IMPROVED: Improved view and fire geometry on OA oil tower
@ IMPROVED: Dirt material is now loaded from A3
@ IMPROVED: Stringtables
@ IMPROVED: Fire- and viewgeometry of takistan rocks
@ IMPROVED: Improved surface sounds on A2 terrains (louder footsteps, improved impact sounds, etc)
@ IMPROVED: Cleanup of penetration materials
@ IMPROVED: Material and geometry of benzina_schnell, fuelstation and fuelstation
@ IMPROVED: hut01 and hut02 materials
@ IMPROVED: Reenabled infinite terrain synth (seems like BI fixed it)
@ IMPROVED: Moved 'Weather' class definitions to DefaultWorld
@ IMPROVED: Fire- and shadowgeometry of Company3_2

O   MOONED:     CUP Terrains is now using A3's moon

We are already planning the next TP update. If everything goes as planned, we will have some cool new (old) stuff for you guys in the future.

• Like 33

That was amazingly quick! Well done!  :D

I am a tad uncertain though, if you have the old version would you have to redownload the entire mod? Or just one of the above links?  :)

That was amazingly quick! Well done!  :D

I am a tad uncertain though, if you have the old version would you have to redownload the entire mod? Or just one of the above links?  :)

You need to download either the "complete" or the "core" and "Maps" pack.

And yeah, you will have to redownload all of it. There has been so many changes that it would be impossible to "localize" them.

• Like 1

You need to download either the "complete" or the "core" and "Maps" pack.

And yeah, you will have to redownload all of it. There has been so many changes that it would be impossible to "localize" them.

Alrighty, looks like a lot of really nice changes as well, thanks for the quick reply. 

looks great!! hope that pws soon will update :-)