CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Sort of off topic but relevant to the addon....  Is there a more effective method to upload this to a server?  My personal up to Gameservers.com is really bad and the entirety of this project will take for ever.  Apologies if this goes elsewhere but it seems like a good place to ask because those using this mod on a remote/hosted server will frequent this forum area.

I just went through setting up a server this weekend, and faced the same issue. Downloading CUP isn't a problem, but uploading it to my server took a ridiculously long time thanks to NZ's ultra slow upload speeds.

I emailed my host about it to see if there's any way to go straight from Steam to the server and they said in a "one off" type scenario they could do it manually for me. I just persevered and finished the upload myself. Now I dread the day steam automatically updates CUP for me and I have to go through that upload process all over again,  

Wonder if the limit is me or Gameservers.  One of our clan has fiber... and CUP.  Should have him log and try.  Worst thing that happens is its his PC that gets bogged down for 3 days.

@the1krisrob and @lawndartleo

That is a problem with your server hoster.

My general recommendation is a real root server. There you can either simply download CUP in browser, use wget or even install steam and download it. Updating CUP takes my squad a few minutes. And there are definitly root server in the same price range than "gameservers".

Also you definitly shouldn't use the steam download for upload to your server. We provide a bunch of download mirrors that are not steam and they are preferable for server upload. 80% of all "HALP! CUP IS BROKEN FOR MY SQUAD!" posts here and in the bugtracker exist because somebody downloaded a corrupted addon from steamWS, uploaded it to his server and distributed it with his squad.

• Like 1

Like Neo said, get a root server. You will have all the power and freedom you need to run a awsome gameserver with less trouble than a hosted gameserver. Another possibility would be to look for a hosted gameserver that has CUP as some sort of preinstalled mod avaliable. I know there where A2OA servers with DayZ and Epoch optional, not sure if such thing with CUP exists for A3. Ask your providers to consider this...

Maybe shilling for such a provider is unacceptable in the forum.  Can you PM with a reccomendation?  US location.  Central is benificial as we are all coast to coast.

So to update my post above, it appears the mod must not have loaded correctly for me or something that day, maybe my computer was jacked up (I loaded the mod like 3 times I think that day with the issue?) and having shut it down and stuff over the last day or two fixed it, I don't know. Glad it's not an actual issue you guys need to investigate, must have been a small loading error or something. I edited my above post to reflect this finding. Still quite a hilarious little bug however, it certainly provided me some laughter.

The hosting company installed CUP Terrains to our server within hours of the request.  We're all good... well, some of us, the rest are belly aching about 7GB downloads.  They'll all be happy once they are running around Sahrani.

It really looks awsome! I have one question. I'm building my own map with TerrainBuilder. and I would like to use your roads. but if I place them, the AI will not drive over the roads. I have no idea how to use other roads then Arma's roads

Thanks in advance.

Hello CUP team, I have recently successfully created a private mod with CUP assets, and I have hit into a predicament, everytime i tried to use the Takistani Khet Partug, it for some reason it instead appears as the CSAT standard uniform ingame

Hello CUP team, I have recently successfully created a private mod with CUP assets, and I have hit into a predicament, everytime i tried to use the Takistani Khet Partug, it for some reason it instead appears as the CSAT standard uniform ingame

1) Wrong thread

2) A bit more details about your "private mod with CUP assets" would be helpful

1) Wrong thread

2) A bit more details about your "private mod with CUP assets" would be helpful

Sorry, taken to the other thread

@the1krisrob and @lawndartleo

That is a problem with your server hoster.

My general recommendation is a real root server. There you can either simply download CUP in browser, use wget or even install steam and download it. Updating CUP takes my squad a few minutes. And there are definitly root server in the same price range than "gameservers".

Also you definitly shouldn't use the steam download for upload to your server. We provide a bunch of download mirrors that are not steam and they are preferable for server upload. 80% of all "HALP! CUP IS BROKEN FOR MY SQUAD!" posts here and in the bugtracker exist because somebody downloaded a corrupted addon from steamWS, uploaded it to his server and distributed it with his squad.

So just so I'm understanding correctly, you're advising people to switch server hosts to get the mod working? I don't know about the situation of the two people you're quoting specifically, but I myself can't upload CUP to the server without it taking 3 days. And our server has donations on it, with no other provider being in the price range for what we are getting, not to mention that the server runs without issue. On top of that, I don't think I'd be wrong in assuming that loading 7.7GB or so up from the 1.9GB of AiATPLite would most likely have an adverse effect on server startup times.

Consequently, I have to ask, are there any plans with the CUP team to create a "Lite" or "server optimized" version of CUP Terrains to make it easier for server administrators and groups to use it?

So just so I'm understanding correctly, you're advising people to switch server hosts to get the mod working?

No, you are not understanding this correctly. What he said was that if you have a root server you can directly load the addons to the server because you have, well, root access. If you don't, then you have to download it somewhere and upload it

Consequently, I have to ask, are there any plans with the CUP team to create a "Lite" or "server optimized" version of CUP Terrains to make it easier for server administrators and groups to use it?

Not very likely, the effort for that is just too big for too little gain. I realize it can take a couple of hours to upload, but that cannot be helped, and we simply lack the people to do that.

So just so I'm understanding correctly, you're advising people to switch server hosts to get the mod working?

CUP TP runs perfectly on any host I ever encountered (only my Raspberry doesn't have enough space on his SD-card...).

What I am saying is: When you "can't" upload 10GB for a mod you want to play, you should either reconsider if you really need that mod or if have a logistical problem with your server/ISP/hoster. Hosting a server just involves uploading large stuff.

The terrain pack is big, yes, and why? Because it is a terrain pack where the elevation data for every terrain alone is ~300mb and all assets are from legacy titles. The terrain pack is kind of an ArmA1+Arma2+ArmA2:OA bundle (minus the vehicles). Of course that is big.

What should we do? Remove stuff we consider useless? Maybe remove all the takistan rocks or all non enterable houses? Or we can realize the always demanded "Make every terrain standalone, so I don't have to upload them all to my server". Fine... every standalone terrain will than be 1-4 GB in size and all of them about ~30-40 GB. Also the patched versions of terrains will get incompatible. When one terrain is updated, most of the others will need an update too. That would be a shitstorm from the majority that uses all terrains equally.

• Like 2

CUP TP runs perfectly on any host I ever encountered (only my Raspberry doesn't have enough space on his SD-card...).

What I am saying is: When you "can't" upload 10GB for a mod you want to play, you should either reconsider if you really need that mod or if have a logistical problem with your server/ISP/hoster. Hosting a server just involves uploading large stuff.

The terrain pack is big, yes, and why? Because it is a terrain pack where the elevation data for every terrain alone is ~300mb and all assets are from legacy titles. The terrain pack is kind of an ArmA1+Arma2+ArmA2:OA bundle (minus the vehicles). Of course that is big.

What should we do? Remove stuff we consider useless? Maybe remove all the takistan rocks or all non enterable houses? Or we can realize the always demanded "Make every terrain standalone, so I don't have to upload them all to my server". Fine... every standalone terrain will than be 1-4 GB in size and all of them about ~30-40 GB. Also the patched versions of terrains will get incompatible. When one terrain is updated, most of the others will need an update too. That would be a shitstorm from the majority that uses all terrains equally.

Well said! 

Hi CUP, thank you for your awesome work on the terrains, it's made so many old maps so much more enjoyable to play on! 

I've just got a quick question relating to an issue I'm having with editor-placed buildings.

I'm currently working through a custom Zargabad scenario and that involves adding in a lot of your assets (like buildings, ruins, rubble) on top of the map in the editor. However, whenever I load up the scenario on my dedicated server, the first time the scenario tries to load, it fails with an error saying "Animation source Dvere1 not found in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CUP_A2_house_c_4_dam_ep1/" or something similar relating to one building or another. The second load seems to ignore it but this is preventing me from sharing the mission with other users for now. It seems that no matter how I try to change the buildings, this error remains as long as I have CUP buildings manually placed in the editor. I guess the animation is related to doors somehow, but do any of you guys know how I can get rid of this error? I've tried both disabling simulation and enabling simulation to no avail. 

Thank you gain for your awesome work! The quality of your stuff is amazing. 

I've just got a quick question relating to an issue I'm having with editor-placed buildings.

They were not meant for editor placement and "accidentally" are available in editor. They will be removed in next update.

Consider using an "Editor Upgrade" addon like the ones for A2 instead.

Thank you for your response! That makes sense. Nothing seems to work with Eden unfortunately (had a look, though will have a longer one later). Just to confirm, if I can't get one of these editor upgraders to work, there's no other way to use CUP buildings without creating a new map? 

Just to confirm, if I can't get one of these editor upgraders to work, there's no other way to use CUP buildings without creating a new map? 

Yes. For now atleast.

• Like 1

I have this error,

Please help me. 

2614911.jpg

I have latest version of all cup mods..

let me guess, broken download via steamworkshop

try the google drive link/redownload @steamworkshop

• Like 1

Hiya!

It seems myself and a few others are still having trouble finding support for the following error message that appears on game launch when using the Iron Front Mods: 

Addon 'CUP_Buildings2_Config' requires addon 'CUP_Buildings2_Data'. 

jDYFwcI.png

Users have been trying to get this fixed (as well as myself and friends) but it seems nobody is actually getting anywhere.

Where would one start to fix this error?

I've tried both CUP Terrains Core and CUP Terrains Complete. 

We've also tried both the armaholic and tacticalteam.de mirrors for to test if it was just one mirror that had a corrupt upload, but it was not the case. They all have the same issue.

Could it have something to do with the All in Arma Terrain Pack files within Iron Front?

Edit: Interestingly enough, when launching All in Arma Terrain Pack with Iron Front, it has essentially the same popup: Addon 'AiA_Buildings2_Config' requires addon 'AiA_Buildings2_Data'.

This leads me to believe that it is most likely an issue with the AiA files in the Iron Front mod - what do you think we could do to fix it?

Thanks.

i guess there is no chance to fix this error unless the creator(s) of the IF mods rework their files.

Wild guess would be try and delete the AIA files in Iron Front, as they probably overwrite the terrain packs' configs.

Wild guess would be try and delete the AIA files in Iron Front, as they probably overwrite the terrain packs' configs.

I was kind of iffy about doing that before but I'll go ahead and try that. I'm just worried that they might have been customized files specifically edited for Iron Front or something.