CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Still don't understand why people try to remove stuff from mods so vehemently. Terrains with all their textures and stuff are large addons and the included assets are aswell and there is nothing to do about it than reducing the quality. With CUP TP the set of terrains is already much smaller in file size than all of the terrains alone.

Do you guys also buy a pickup and try to saw of the back because you don't fit in parking spaces anymore?

Will be fun when Tanoa comes out... "Can I have it without the terrain? It is too large for my community!"

Sorry for the rant, but this is driving me nuts.

• Like 8

Still don't understand why people try to remove stuff from mods so vehemently. Terrains with all their textures and stuff are large addons and the included assets are aswell and there is nothing to do about it than reducing the quality. With CUP TP the set of terrains is already much smaller in file size than all of the terrains alone.

Do you guys also buy a pickup and try to saw of the back because you don't fit in parking spaces anymore?

Will be fun when Tanoa comes out... "Can I have it without the terrain? It is too large for my community!"

Sorry for the rant, but this is driving me nuts.

Rumour has it that when Tanoa comes out, it's going to break the majority of terrains as it is according to a tweet a few months ago by Icebreaker ;)

Since Summer Chernarus first came out years ago, there is one type of tree with bright red leaves that stands out like a sore thumb.  Could it be replaced with another type of tree with green leaves?  Or is it supposed to represent a diseased tree or Crimson King Maple Tree that has red leaves all year? 

Since Summer Chernarus first came out years ago, there is one type of tree with bright red leaves that stands out like a sore thumb.  Could it be replaced with another type of tree with green leaves?  Or is it supposed to represent a diseased tree or Crimson King Maple Tree that has red leaves all year? 

Make a ticket with screenshot and classname please.

Make a ticket with screenshot and classname please.

http://dev.cup-arma3.org/T1320

If the Summer Chernarus is the one originally made by kju, he provided the A2 version to me years ago right after he made it.  I remarked then about the remaining red trees, and I think I remember him saying that there was no corresponding summer version of them in the ACR summer terrains, so he couldn't think of a summer tree to use as a replacement. 

A2 Summer Pack has green-leaved versions of all trees and bushes.

Getting an CUP_B_CivPack_WDLRPK error with the Takistan Army units cup addon any idea which unit it is???

Getting an CUP_B_CivPack_WDLRPK error with the Takistan Army units cup addon any idea which unit it is???

Wrong thread.

Hello i have Problem with CUP Terrian Complet pack.

On the Map Takistain (and other maps!) on the North Airbase its a Street with a little city.

I have there no House where are the? 

Then the other ask a friend have the same. We just used the CUP Terrains Complet pack.  Need we the CUP Core to fix it?? and if yes why? I think in the Complet pack are all in...like Core and maps ??? confused i am...

Hello Guys,

does anybody know, if there is a workaoround for the missing bullet-impacts on chernarus?

can't wait for the next patch/release ;)

Is the red base of some buildings placed in the editor a known issue?

When I place certain buildings on a map, the base of that building will be bright red instead of grass or sand.

The problem with the error:

"Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Bohemia_Config' requires addon 'CAMisc'​. "

is the Mogadishu mod. It uses CUP Classes and duplicates names. 

I think I found a new bug with CUP Terrain Pack.

So on our server, we use Esseker map and many players were complaining about their vehicles are getting stuck in the ground and/or disappearing due to exploding vehicles that were stuck in the ground at restart.  I initially thought the issue was with the map as we went through to bug hunt which mod could cause this.

We did some tests on another server and instead of using CUP Terrain, we used All-in-Arma Terrain Pack and the bug does not exist.  Vehicles are not stuck in the ground.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you!

Esseker has itself many technical problems and I doubt the problem is caused by CUP TP. I am using Esseker with CUP on my server without such problems. You should download both again and check for corrupted files. Also this could be a problem with EDEN (see problems with Lingor for example).

Is it correct the new APEX lightning has to be configured for each island individually? Is this anything CUP TP plans to do or will this be out of scope?

Is it correct the new APEX lightning has to be configured for each island individually? Is this anything CUP TP plans to do or will this be out of scope?

Yes ;)

Would it be possible to make islands look more like they did back in Arma 2, using the new lighting?

Would it be possible to make islands look more like they did back in Arma 2, using the new lighting?

Remember that the new lighting isn't out yet and is constantly being tweaked on the dev branch. We'll see about changes once it is final and won't change anymore.

• Like 1

Oh god, don't do that. Arma 2's lighting was atrocious. Dull and flat looking. Prior to using the excellent CUP terrain pack I was using the A3MP mod. I loved that the latter used Altis lighting configs on the Arma 2 maps. It made everything look a lot more vibrant and realistic. It was especially noticeable during clear skies weather conditions. Honestly, the dusty and brown lighting is my one beef with CUP terrains (well, that and the untextured birch tree bug). That said, Im very anxious to see what the CUP team will be able to do with the new lighting options.

• Like 5

I don't know if you are working on SMD sharani, but clouds on it are strange. In fact there is no cloud, just some fog

Works as expected for me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992855238/screenshot/277344099181698461

And another example: http://anzp.de/upload/2016-04-13_19-48-51.gif

Tried all stock and CUP flags.

Weird doesn't work  This my unit mods list:

Main Modpack [Main]

@ace

@alive

@cba_a3

@rhs_afrf3

@rhs_usf3

@task_force_radio

userconfig [ace, mdh_topdownattack, task_force_radio, tpwcas]

Secondary Modpack [Maps]

@CUP_Terrains

@Maps

i have a problem with isla duala a3 + cup core + cup terrain

Warning Message: Addon 'ibr_dualaobjects' requires addon 'CAData'

-mod=@Exile;@exileserver;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps

i have a problem with isla duala a3 + cup core + cup terrain

Warning Message: Addon 'ibr_dualaobjects' requires addon 'CAData'

-mod=@Exile;@exileserver;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps

This would be an Isla Duala not a CUP problem.