CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Okay, so please, there's no need to get defensive. This is your project, your work, and so obviously your choice of project management software. And I use it for about 2 minutes per week to follow up on your amazing work. And you use it for hours every day.  I was just expressing my frustration at the *in my personal opinion* not user friendly frontend. And this is just me. And when i say that I in no way mean any personal offence to anyone, so for the love of god, don't take it personally. 

Just saying.

incomprehensible workflow charts with random internal work items and processes.

http://prntscr.com/aes4ra

long lists of unsorted items:

http://prntscr.com/aes69w

more unsorted long lists, with lots of spacing and wasted whitespace.

http://prntscr.com/aes6x9

needlessly advanced poweruser search:

http://prntscr.com/aes7hs

All I want to see, really, is a list of CUP_Terrains bugs. And after another 10 minutes (yes neo, 10 actual minutes of fiddling with this) I still can't find a way to display it. 

It's in the first screenshot you posted! THAT are all public terrain tickets perfectly sorted (except Backlog, they are importes from old tracker and I haven't managed to sort them.

Your other screenshots are only showing overview pages that show overviews... what do you expect? A list of bugs specially prepared for you and only you on the lading page? And yes, the dashboard you posted is just a landing page.

Also "Advanced Search" implies an advanced search! And it looks VERY similar to Mantis and Jiras advanced search. What do you expect here? A single button with the label "Read my mind and find what I want"?

Fact is, other people, many of them without any bugtracker experience, find what they want in the tracker without any problem.

Also this really shouldn't be discussed here! We decided to switch from Mantis to Phabricator to make it easier to create and manage ticket and so far it worked splendid.

• Like 1

It's in the first screenshot you posted! THAT are all public terrain tickets perfectly sorted (except Backlog, they are importes from old tracker and I haven't managed to sort them.

but unless i am mistaken, the first screenshot also includes tasks that you have set for yourselves. And there's a huge amount of bugs missing. At least 2 I have added, and at least 3 others that i've been keeping an eye on...

"what do you expect? A list of bugs specially prepared for you and only you on the lading page?"

Well, actually, that'd be really sweet. Cus mostly that's what I used the old mantis (was that what you had before?) for. If I ever found something wrong I could quickly in about 3 seconds check your bug tracker, to see if I you have already noticed it. So right now, there's no way to see a list of all reported bugs for cup_terrains?

And again, don't take my rambling seriously. The most important thing is that you guys are happy with whatever project management app you are using. UX for public is really secondary by far. And besides, like you said "so far it worked splendid."  :)

Also, sorry for going OT.  :D

but unless i am mistaken, the first screenshot also includes tasks that you have set for yourselves. And there's a huge amount of bugs missing. At least 2 I have added, and at least 3 others that i've been keeping an eye on...

Well, you are mistaken - your screenshot shows all reported bugs of CUP Terrains in Phabricator. The only ones that might be missing would be the ones that haven't been transferred from Mantis. In case you didn't notice: you can scroll down the "Backlog" panel. If you prefer a "list view" of the tickets, you can quite easily achieve that via the Advanced Search:

DU8NjU8.png

Now, if I understood you correctly, what you are actually missing, are some pre-defined views. If you would have taken a closer look at the picture I posted earlier, you would have noticed that we as devs have a different Dashboard than the public - and you would have noticed that we have such views. The public dashboard didn't get much love, I admit - we might put the views we have on the public dashboard.

Also with an account you can create your own Views aka Dashboard.

To sum it up and (hopefully) end this discussion: Phabricator behaves at first exactly as Mantis with the exception of Trello-like workboard (the thing with the cards. The tickets with my avatar are not personel tickets but tickets assigned to me).

But beyond the basic functionallity Phab has far more possibilities for customization.

Lol.... needs triage

Made me chuckle...

BTW. Great work guys!!!

I've been keeping a close eye on some bugs on the old tracker (AI seeing through a certain type of tree, and couple of bushes). But it looks like they haven't been transfered to the new tracker. Will you be transfering any more bugs to the new tracker, and if not, can you share any info regarding the mentioned bugs? Any progress, and will they make it into the next update?

I've been keeping a close eye on some bugs on the old tracker (AI seeing through a certain type of tree, and couple of bushes). But it looks like they haven't been transfered to the new tracker. Will you be transfering any more bugs to the new tracker, and if not, can you share any info regarding the mentioned bugs? Any progress, and will they make it into the next update?

We still have access to the old tracker, so even if they don't pop up on the new one they will not be lost or forgotten :)

• Like 1

I don't know if it's been reported but some trees on the summer chernarus based maps have broken LODs

598FCD86BDD66709EDC0707BEF94AFF5128A5D10

• Like 2

Hi fellow CUP users, im extremely new to the forums and i was wondering as a welcoming gift if you could please give me some assistance.

Im in the process of developing a small MP mission and i was messing around with the ponds under CUP_A2 Water sub heading in objects. After placeing countless ponds and removing them straight after, i have run into an issue!

There is now a invisible water source that when my player enters they begin to float and swim...... on land. I have checked all the objects and have not manged to located the source of this pesky "floating" pond.

Looking for any assistance in the removal of this pond! 

Cheers, Joel 

when running CUP_terrains my ground textures looks like smudged out oil paintings. Anyone knows whats going on here?

752mxit.jpg

• Like 1

when running CUP_terrains my ground textures looks like smudged out oil paintings. Anyone knows whats going on here?

It's probably less to do with CUP and more to do with the terrain you're using, not having its parallax map textures adjusted for the Eden update.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Parallax_Map

• Like 3

Yes that parallax update may be the culprit. I tested again with and without mods and the effect can be seen both on BIS terrains and community maps.
Some map textures is worse than others, but even the default arma 3 terrains have this weird look in some places. Not as bad as arma 1/2maps and community made maps though, which also sometimes have that old "wave" in the terrain a few feet around the player.

Does it look the same at your end?

More screenshots:

Chernarus:
eFYFTxI.jpg
0RQuwTt.jpg

Utes:
f3qykHX.jpg

Altis/Stratis:

DGD06NR.jpg
MeQLhN7.jpg

Yes that parallax update may be the culprit. I tested again with and without mods and the effect can be seen both on BIS terrains and community maps.

Some map textures is worse than others, but even the default arma 3 terrains have this weird look in some places. Not as bad as arma 1/2maps and community made maps though, which also sometimes have that old "wave" in the terrain a few feet around the player.

Could you (or anybody else) provide me with a list of the textures with the biggest visual artifacts? You can get the surface info with https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceType :

surfaceType screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];

Yes.

With Stratis/Altis it's really only those large stones in the hillsides that you show in your picture, and they look like that for me regardless of what mods I'm running.

Being on a slope/incline makes it worse.

I imagine it's because the stones have the most extreme parallax projection in the BIS terrain textures (to make the rocks stand out more). But on other terrains that haven't had their old surface textures moderated down yet, they all have extreme parallax effects compared to how there were pre-Eden.

I haven't noticed too many spots where it's really bad on CUP terrains, but have seen it on a couple of third-party terrains where the main surface texture is all out of whack.

AFAIK Icebreakr's new island has been built with the new parallax settings in mind, and that looks fine running with CUP. So I'm pretty sure it's just the terrains that need adjusting rather than something inherent with running the game with CUP.

Edit:-

Could you (or anybody else) provide me with a list of the textures with the biggest visual artifacts? You can get the surface info with https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceType :

surfaceType screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];

Surfacetype doesn't seem like it'll be all that helpful since it's often a specific texture that's affected rather than a surface region.

For example there are two small patches of soil near Utes' runway where the parallax is messed up, but the command returns #UTGrass or #UTConcrete depending on which one you look at.

But the [X,Y] coords on Utes for those particular materials are [4056,3573] and [4062,3567] if you want to see an example.

• Like 1

It's the new parallax wizardry, this happens with whichever terrain uses old NOHQ files.

They have to be adjusted, and the fix might not apply to third party terrains.

Surfacetype doesn't seem like it'll be all that helpful since it's often a specific texture that's affected rather than a surface region.

For example there are two small patches of soil near Utes' runway where the parallax is messed up, but the command returns #UTGrass or #UTConcrete depending on which one you look at.

But the [X,Y] coords on Utes for those particular materials are [4056,3573] and [4062,3567] if you want to see an example.

I can find the NOHQ texture by surface type.

Sorry for a stupid question, but how do I execute the command, surfaceType screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];. I tried the debug console, couldn't get it to work.

Hello, my prob to packing with CUP-Terrains Object to use on self made Map. Anyone's have problems with that ?

missing land_shed_w03_ep1:house
   missing land_misc_deerstand:house
   missing land_kasna:house
   missing land_kolotoc:house
   missing land_bouda_garaz:house
   missing land_mil_repair_center_ep1:house
   missing land_fortress_02:house
   missing land_fortress_01:house
   missing land_house_c_11_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_1_ep1:house
   missing land_house_c_10_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_3_ep1:house
   missing land_house_c_5_v3_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_7_dam_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_8_dam_ep1:house
   missing land_terrace_k_1_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_5_ep1:house
   missing land_house_k_6_ep1:house
   missing land_house_c_5_v2_ep1:house
   missing land_house_l_1_ep1:house
   missing land_house_c_4_ep1:house
   missing land_house_l_3_ep1:house
   missing land_wall_l3_pillar_ep1:house
   missing land_ruin_cowshed_a_pmc:house
   missing land_ruin_cowshed_b_pmc:house
   missing land_ruin_cowshed_c_pmc:house
   missing land_house_c_5_v1_ep1:house
   missing land_house_c_5_ep1:house
   missing land_mil_barracks_ep1:house
   missing land_barrack2:house
   missing land_mil_barracks_i_ep1:house
   missing land_signb_pub_cz3:house
   missing land_sign_tec:house
   missing land_mil_guardhouse_ep1:house
   missing land_signb_pub_cz2:house
   missing land_signb_hotel_cz3:house
   missing land_sign_bes:house
   missing land_shed_m01_ep1:house
   missing land_signb_pub_cz1:house
   missing land_mil_barracks_l_ep1:house
   missing land_camo_box:house
   missing land_signb_hotel_cz:house
   missing land_signb_hotel_cz2:house
   missing land_signb_pharmacy:house
   missing land_dam_conc_20:house
   missing land_dam_concp_20:house
   missing land_seno_balik:house
   missing land_wf_hesco_10x:house
   missing land_camonet_nato_var1:house
   missing land_guardshed_ep1:house
   missing land_kasna_new_bez:house
   missing land_misc_gcontainer_big:house
   missing land_barrel_empty:house

You yust need the ArmA2 Licensed data package extracted to your P: drive.

Don't unpbo CUP Terrains and use it with terrain builder.

You yust need the ArmA2 Licensed data package extracted to your P: drive.

Don't unpbo CUP Terrains and use it with terrain builder.

Many Thanks :)

• Like 1

Spotted an error on your download page:

Current version – Complete: 1.0.1

Release date: 02.01.2015

Current version – Core: 1.0.1

Current version – Maps: 1.0.1

Should be 2016 ;)

Hey all, does anybody happen to know exactly which maps are 'dependent' on each other? Our community is trying to reduce the size of our modpack as much as possible, and whilst the information for CUP says 'beware that there may be some cross-dependencies', I can't find any information on exactly which maps rely on each other. If we could get rid of some of the smaller ones, it would be a massive help to us! 

You can simply test it on your local machine. Move all unneeded map files to a folder outside your modfolder and run the game. If arma doesn't throw with errors it should be all good (check the RPT to be sure). If it does throw errors, add the needed files and also recheck the RPT.