CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

The blackening ponds is a BI problem, nothing we can do about that. If you want to avoid that, don't use fog.

Shame really. I'll probably be put on trial for this but I'd actually put fog as a priority over ponds. Only so much you can do with a pond but fog, especially with the new arrays, can make a mission.

• Like 5

So, none of those except the light tower are A2 buildings, They're all SMD Buildings, M1lkm8n and myself made them.......

Thanks for the explanation, Ive seen the overlap of the buildings that you mention, personally I'd like to see them implemented into the maps now as I feel the pros outweigh the cons. However, I look forward to seeing them correctly placed when they do  eventually get added.

Anyone else having the old problem where their is no background sound in FATA? no wind in trees etc. I have tried it with the ascz fix pack and without as I thought it was not required with CUP? Thanks  :)

I'm just using the core pack on my terrain. But on map load I get  "Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\zargabad\data\zr_polopoust_co.paa." There is a "zr_polopoust_co.paa" in

ca\misc_e\WF\Data

Is the paths wrong or something?

Can someone help me with a server issue, using CUP_Core and CUP_Maps.

My problem has been posted here. I show what my RPT generates (Literally nothing). And some information that maybe of use.

Post: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187301-cup-terrains-and-aia-causing-dedicated-server-not-to-start-no-rpt-generated/

Hoping to get some help to solve this issue.

I just went for a full download again for 1.01, are the Sarinhi's South islands only "lite" versions, as that's what mine say in the Eden editor.

It should be possible to enter a server thar requires Cup Terrains Core with the Cup Terrains Complete version. As long as you have the latest version.

I've tested this on multiple servers and that does not appear to be the case. Core needs to be downloaded independently which is a damn shame.

I've tested this on multiple servers and that does not appear to be the case. Core needs to be downloaded independently which is a damn shame.

You are more than welcome to join the team and help fix this "damn shame" ;)

• Like 6

When the server uses additional map, it probably not only depends on Core but on Maps or the specific terrain too. Most likely the server admin copied maps to the core folder, so you now don't see the full dependency.

Also: The large download is not a "damn shame". Terrains are large addons with a lot of redundant data. We even reduced the overall size by grouping terrains together (the sum of CUP Terrains is smaller in size than every terrain on it's own). Deal with it or stick with vanilla terrains ;)

• Like 4

Hi,

Found a problem with CUP Takistan you can not shoot and disable any streetlamps or lights,

this makes night missions and the use of NVG's a pain, other maps not tested but think they have same problem.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

I had some doubts about some pbos and this incremental patch, so I check and compared a 1.0.0 patched with a 1.0.1 complete.

I checked only pbo, not bisign.

https://gyazo.com/4634e10b93e79553405106850e09e818

https://gyazo.com/c0bfd6d49eadad8f50e60a89b25053ee

22 pbo are different, we should expect a 1.0.2 patch soon? 

I have no idea what you are trying to state. Please clarify

Shame really. I'll probably be put on trial for this but I'd actually put fog as a priority over ponds. Only so much you can do with a pond but fog, especially with the new arrays, can make a mission.

That's one way of looking at it. I guess I sort of see your point, but I also think the maps look terrible w/o the water, and the water looks amazing in game... I'll look into whether or not that's something we can figure out how to make select-able but I'm not sure it is. Otherwise, if it's not fixed by the time Tanao is released, We'll either put on a full court press on the A3 bug Tracker to get it fixed, or remove them possibly.

Thanks for the explanation, Ive seen the overlap of the buildings that you mention, personally I'd like to see them implemented into the maps now as I feel the pros outweigh the cons. However, I look forward to seeing them correctly placed when they do  eventually get added.

Noted, I will also consider this and possibly add in the poorly placed buildings.

Anyone else having the old problem where their is no background sound in FATA? no wind in trees etc. I have tried it with the ascz fix pack and without as I thought it was not required with CUP? Thanks  :)

You should not run the ASCZ fixes with CUP, it is for AiA. I'm not sure about the problem on FATA, it may not be correctly configured on our I'll have to look into it.

I'm just using the core pack on my terrain. But on map load I get  "Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\zargabad\data\zr_polopoust_co.paa." There is a "zr_polopoust_co.paa" in

ca\misc_e\WF\Data

Is the paths wrong or something?

There are some objects, and even terrains that have links to other content that was expected to be present in a normal Arma 2 install. As we have modularized the package, some of these external dependencies still need to be fully ironed out. I will take a look at this once I get back up and running with the tools.

I just went for a full download again for 1.01, are the Sarinhi's South islands only "lite" versions, as that's what mine say in the Eden editor.

Please elaborate, I'm not sure what you mean. There are NO "lite" versions of anything in CUP_Terrains. 

I think different keys and bisigns were generated for the core + maps vs the full package. It will be looked into and fixed if that is that case. It could also be a case of a server admin or mission requiring both when it shouldn't

Hi,

Found a problem with CUP Takistan you can not shoot and disable any streetlamps or lights,

this makes night missions and the use of NVG's a pain, other maps not tested but think they have same problem.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

I believe there is a note about this in the bug tracker. It will be addressed eventually.

You should not run the ASCZ fixes with CUP, it is for AiA. I'm not sure about the problem on FATA, it may not be correctly configured on our I'll have to look into it.

I know-I ran it without ASCZ as well.It's strange as everyone else I spoke to had no problems-just me. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

I know-I ran it without ASCZ as well.It's strange as everyone else I spoke to had no problems-just me. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

As far I know, I think there were no background sound on FATA at all (there were some sounds only in village). I will check the ascz fixes, and if there is updated regarding cup, I will release it.

Guys are you going to include ASCZ A2 Community Map Fixes by evro in next release? That would be awesome!

Please elaborate, I'm not sure what you mean. There are NO "lite" versions of anything in CUP_Terrains. 

When I open up the Sahrini South map, the small Island, in Eden, the map is called Sahrini Lite.

I have no idea what you are trying to state. Please clarify

Uh.. What's to clarify?  :wacko: 

1) I got 1.0.0 version, I've patched 1.0.0 with your update 1.0.1 -> I got version 1.0.1 patched -> So I got some pbo ( 1.0.1 ) that overwrited some old pbo ( 1.0.0 ) and I got all those pbo.

2) I downloaded your mod already patched ( by you ) at 1.0.1 version, no modify

I verified checksum ( md5/sha1 ) of those 2 versions ( version [1] patched from 1.0.0  to 1.0.1 and version [2] already 1.0.0.1 ) , those should be exactly same, but they aren't ( as you can see ). 22 pbo are different!

That's all

PS Images are localizated in italian: danneggiato-> damaged ( not matching ) 

1) I got 1.0.0 version, I've patched 1.0.0 with your update 1.0.1 -> I got version 1.0.1 patched -> So I got some pbo ( 1.0.1 ) that overwrited some old pbo ( 1.0.0 ) and I got all those pbo.

I verified checksum ( md5/sha1 ) of those 2 versions ( version [1] patched from 1.0.0  to 1.0.1 and version [2] already 1.0.0.1 ) , those should be exactly same, but they aren't ( as you can see ). 22 pbo are different!

That's all

Where did you download this from? I have them both from google drive download and steam workshop and they both work fine.

Where did you download this from? I have them both from google drive download and steam workshop and they both work fine.

Google drive; btw "works" doesn't mean are same pbo, that's not the point :lol:  I was lazy and downloaded whole 1.0.1 patch on server, updated sync and discovered lot of gbs had to be downloaded again; so I checked md5 and aren't same. Also a single word or a space can change checksum result and this will conflict also if you resign pbo because also signs are different ( if you will share only new bisign in future update ( 1.0.2 ) if someone got 1.0.1 patched or 1.0.1 from scratch bisigin won't work for one version ) . Just saying to be sure for future updates to check also that  ;)

As far I know, I think there were no background sound on FATA at all (there were some sounds only in village). I will check the ascz fixes, and if there is updated regarding cup, I will release it.

Using the ASCZ fixes with AiA added the default Altis background sounds.Without it it is just so silent-it's too weird for me :)

When I open up the Sahrini South map, the small Island, in Eden, the map is called Sahrini Lite.

If you mean the save file name, or the name in the upper right, it's just the name that gets generated by BI, that's what the terrain is actually called behind the scenes. Your saved files were always called "myprettymission.saralite" you just might not have seen it displayed.

The name in the map selection screen should say Southern Sahrani, if it doesn't something is weird with your files, take a screenshot of what you're talking about unless it's above.

That's all

I'm not a programmer, I didn't build, package, sign, or release this or the previous release, so, not only do I not really know what you're talking about, I can't tell you for sure how or what was done. The long and short of it most likely is that we didn't repack the old pbo's that were in the 1st release with the 2nd release, we likely re-packed the entire repo in the 2nd release, and only included pbo's that had been changed in the patch... so you could well have entirely new files in the full new release... or maybe only new signatures were created. I'm not sure.

You are using methods you're familiar with in order to try to attempt to illustrate something to someone who has no idea what methods you're talking about... So, basically EVERYTHING is to clarify lol.

Not trying to be rude at all, but that's the case, I don't know what verifying a checksum is or why I should care, much less integrate it into an already complicated and pain staking development process.

• Like 2

Thanks, I noticed that it was the saves that was producing the "lite" part.

On another random note, the "Terrains complete" current version, is this everything you need to run cup terrains, ie, is this the terrains "core" and terrains "maps" combined, and that there's no need to download anything else?

Thanks, I noticed that it was the saves that was producing the "lite" part.

On another random note, the "Terrains complete" current version, is this everything you need to run cup terrains, ie, is this the terrains "core" and terrains "maps" combined, and that there's no need to download anything else?

That's exactly what it is.

What does this means?

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.caroads2'.

That I have to keep allinarmaterrainpack untill the missions i' m trying to use will be updated?

thanks..

You shouldn't use CUPTP and AIATP together, and caroads2 addon should be included in CUPTP, as a matter of fact the terrain-related addons should show in game exactly like they were in A2, reason why you can use A2 maps without errors.