CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

In response to oktyabr, I really like games with motorcycles in it. The games often follow reality - and the Silent Hawk (or sometimes one word: SilentHawk) project by the military did install some prototype AI in them (motorcycles, not helicopters). I hope there can be a game modeled after this reality.

Im not entirely sure which island is causing this, but I get this error when I launch my game. 

1405e68e34.png

fc6dd32317.png

Not sure where the issues with a few of the A2 buildings came from, we will look into it and it will be fixed. This is the most likely culprit for lower frame rates in Chernarus as well

Thanks mate, appreciated. ;)

Since reverting back to the old @CUP_Terrains all the missing none openable doors are back which resolves the texture issues and not being able to enter the rooms where the recent update removed the doors and created visual glitches. I left the recent updated @CUP_Chernarus and other island folders intact so it's the @CUP_Terrains where the issue lies. ;)

Someone got verifysignature enabled?

I used cup_terrains1.0.bikey ( using the complete pack, didnt touch anything ), I've downloaded and applied the cup_terrains_complete_patch_v1.0.0.-v1.0.1 and I found a new bikey for the new pbo only, I've added this key but server keep me kick off due to a2map signature. I'm missing some key-bisign you added later?

[EDIT]

nvm, found I've forgot to delete one of the old bisign

1.) Like mentioned several times before: CUP Terrains is fully backwards compatible to AiA TP, so every map and every mission created with AiA TP can be used with CUP Terrains, too.

2.) Use the links on our website (http://cup-arma3.org), we have no direct influence on links from 3rd party providers.

Two things:

1) This might be dumb, but with the australia map being AiATP dependent does that mean I am ass out on using it with CUP? 

2) The Armaholic link to the googledrive DL is broken, this one: Community Upgrade Project - Terrains Complete v1.0.1 (full) @ drive.google.com

1) I had a positive conversation with Auss about Australia Map. He moved dependency from AiA_TP to CUP Terrains Core today (on Steam).

1) I had a positive conversation with Auss about Australia Map. He moved dependency from AiA_TP to CUP Terrains Core today (on Steam).

HELL YEAH!!!!

Thank you for the info!!

Getting an error AddOn 'AiA_Hotfix_Config' requires addon CAUI

This was after updating with complete terrains patch 1.00-1.01

Getting an error AddOn 'AiA_Hotfix_Config' requires addon CAUI

This was after updating with complete terrains patch 1.00-1.01

If your error tells you "'AiA_Hotfix_Config' requires addon CAUI" it means that you load some 'AiA_Hotfix_Config'.

You need to make sure that nothing is being loaded that's related to AiATP. Even the hotfix or the ascz-fixes.

• Like 1

If your error tells you "'AiA_Hotfix_Config' requires addon CAUI" it means that you load some 'AiA_Hotfix_Config'.

You need to make sure that nothing is being loaded that's related to AiATP. Even the hotfix or the ascz-fixes.

Yeah, maybe one of Icebreakers Island, Panthera, Lingor or Duala may have been the cause, which is odd, as none of them AFAIK were dependent on AiA, although it could also have been Clafghan.

The error is gone now. thanks  

Yeah, maybe one of Icebreakers Island, Panthera, Lingor or Duala may have been the cause, which is odd, as none of them AFAIK were dependent on AiA, although it could also have been Clafghan.

The error is gone now. thanks  

None of these islands throw this error for me. Certainly you've got the ascz_clafghan_fix.pbo in your Clafghan-folder or something like that.

• Like 1

I have downloaded CUP Terrains Complete. However I notice on many servers that use extra maps they require CUP Core. I am wondering if it is possible to use the core modules from the complete pack so I can join the server and not have to spend hours downloading another 6GB of information I technically already have? Thankyou.

It should be possible to enter a server thar requires Cup Terrains Core with the Cup Terrains Complete version. As long as you have the latest version.

None of these islands throw this error for me. Certainly you've got the ascz_clafghan_fix.pbo in your Clafghan-folder or something like that.

you mean I should have it ? No such file within my Clafghan map sir.

Thanks for the hard work on the pack.

''CUP_A1_Svodidia_5m'' (barrier) doesn't have proper fall physics when in game, but is indestructible when placed in the editor. 

(Couldn't find a ''CUP_A1_Svodidia'', small barrier, to check the fall physics in game, but it's also indestructible in the editor)

2qmq7et.jpg

When using AiA, it replaces....

''dum_olez_instan2''    (A1?)                                                 (A2?)       

xd80zr.jpg with 9scf1s.jpg

''dum_olez_instan1''                                                       

wakcar.jpg with 653j3k.jpg

''dum_olez_instan2_maly''                                                                                                                                                              ''dum_olez_instan2_maly2''  (No replacement)

2yvujxs.jpg with 97tw6u.jpg        28157cp.jpg

Using xcam and AiA, it shows the model names as ''xcam_dum_olez_instan1'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2_maly'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2_maly2'' and they appear as the models on the right, also in game.

However, when using xcam and CUP the same xcam names show the models on the left, CUP's own model names are ''CUP_A1_dum_olez_instan1'' and ''CUP_A2_dum_olez_instan1'' etc and they both show the models on the left as they also do in game.

Is it possible that the CUP_A2 models are duplicates of the CUP_A1 versions, rather than the versions found in the xcam_A2_buildings library when CUP isn't being used?. This might also explain the apartment building issue as I get the same results

for ''xcam_palenak'', ''xcam_palenak2'', ''xcam_palenak3''

With CUP and xcam...(left) ''xcam_palenak2''+3, (middle) ''CUP_A1_palenak''+2+3 (right) ''CUP_A2_palenak''+2+3

b8s0g0.jpg

AiA and xcam......''xcam_palenak2''+3''

dg12tg.jpg..

If the replacement of the non-enterable to enterable buildings is a function in AiA and not a duplicate model issue in CUP, could CUP add this function please.

Lastly, is there any chance the ''CUP_A2_illuminanttower'' could get some functional light sources on it as it's used on quite a few maps.

2rhvaqq.jpg

Cheers!.

• Like 2

Who do I talk to directly about getting some confirmation between AiA and CuP terrains. Need some clarification on some things. 

- Who do I PM?

- Who can I contact

etc.... 

Who do I talk to directly about getting some confirmation between AiA and CuP terrains. Need some clarification on some things. 

- Who do I PM?

- Who can I contact

etc.... 

Our public Discord channel is at https://discord.gg/0WqE6NaD5yKkIMSj. You might want to ask there.

Alternatively, just ask here

Is there any known errors with the ponds at the moment? I've added lakes to my map but bits keep disappearing when at a distance. Just wondering if it's a bug with CUP / ARMA or even something I'm doing....

Example

http://i.imgur.com/oUZuAvg.jpg

Hey i have got problem with CUP terrains full. I donwloaded and than load it in A3 launcher but when i start game there arent maps like takistan, zargabad etc. so where is that problem??  :)

Anyone else having the old problem where their is no background sound in FATA? no wind in trees etc. I have tried it with the ascz fix pack and without as I thought it was not required with CUP? Thanks :)

• Like 1

Now can't wait for those JBAD buildings. 

Be patient, I don't see this realistically happening for 3-5 months at least. M1lkm8n wants to go back through them and update them prior to use including them in CUP. We will wait his update and then move forward. Unfortunately there is not much I can do to prepare for it unless we discuss the details of his intended changes. I will try to go over it with him in the next few weeks.

Anyone getting abnormally low FPS with this?

I get lower FPS on Chernarus at the very least, I have not had a tremendous amount of time to test them all, but I BELIEVE there are some serious issues with the models that were used as source for the A2 buildings, which is likely causing lowered FPS. I will investigate it as soon as I can. Currently I do not have a working environment set up at all, and don't have the repo cloned locally, so I have to find time to setup, and then find time to investigate/fix.

We currently have FAR TOO FEW people actively working on the building and model issues.

Thanks mate, appreciated. ;)

Since reverting back to the old @CUP_Terrains all the missing none openable doors are back which resolves the texture issues and not being able to enter the rooms where the recent update removed the doors and created visual glitches. I left the recent updated @CUP_Chernarus and other island folders intact so it's the @CUP_Terrains where the issue lies. ;)

There was likely a problem with some of the source used, as above, I will need to re-establish my modding environment and investigate, it should HOPEFULLY be a fairly straight forward fix.

Thanks for the hard work on the pack.

''CUP_A1_Svodidia_5m'' (barrier) doesn't have proper fall physics when in game, but is indestructible when placed in the editor. 

(Couldn't find a ''CUP_A1_Svodidia'', small barrier, to check the fall physics in game, but it's also indestructible in the editor)

When using AiA, it replaces....

''dum_olez_instan2''    (A1?)                                                 (A2?)       

with

''dum_olez_instan1''                                                       

with

''dum_olez_instan2_maly''                                                                                                                                                              ''dum_olez_instan2_maly2''  (No replacement)

with  

Using xcam and AiA, it shows the model names as ''xcam_dum_olez_instan1'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2_maly'', ''xcam_dum_olez_instan2_maly2'' and they appear as the models on the right, also in game.

However, when using xcam and CUP the same xcam names show the models on the left, CUP's own model names are ''CUP_A1_dum_olez_instan1'' and ''CUP_A2_dum_olez_instan1'' etc and they both show the models on the left as they also do in game.

Is it possible that the CUP_A2 models are duplicates of the CUP_A1 versions, rather than the versions found in the xcam_A2_buildings library when CUP isn't being used?. This might also explain the apartment building issue as I get the same results

for ''xcam_palenak'', ''xcam_palenak2'', ''xcam_palenak3''

With CUP and xcam...(left) ''xcam_palenak2''+3, (middle) ''CUP_A1_palenak''+2+3 (right) ''CUP_A2_palenak''+2+3

AiA and xcam......''xcam_palenak2''+3''

If the replacement of of the non-enterable to enterable buildings is a functionin in AiA and not a duplicate model issue in CUP, could CUP add this function please.

Lastly, is there any chance the ''CUP_A2_illuminanttower'' could get some functional light sources on it as it's used on quite a few maps.

2rhvaqq.jpg

Cheers!.

So, none of those except the light tower are A2 buildings, They're all SMD Buildings, M1lkm8n and myself made them.

The A1 stucco buildings are used to create "composite" buildings, so in many places they overlap eachother, are pushed too far into the ground, or have other objects inside them. Those placement issues were all painstakingly fixed on SMD_Sahrani. AiA was ok with the misplaced/overlapping buildings, CUP was/is not. It is our intention to add those buildings after we have (or create) terrain source so we can fix the placement issues before just blanket replacing them.

If the community prefers they just be swapped for now, that can be arranged, but I prefer to do it once we have terrain placement control.

The panelaks.. again, I made those, They are modified versions of the original A1/A2 models... this is going to get a BIT complicated, but I'll try to explain it simply.

On Map:

Terrains use "absolute paths" for buildings and objects. IE a terrain artist says put 1 "ca/buildings/Land_panelak2.p3d" here.

Because those apartments were used in both Arma 1 and Arma 2, they exist in 2 different "name spaces":

ca\buildings\panelak2.p3d

and

ca\buildings2\panelak2.p3d

An A1 terrain that calls the object from "buildings", can not ever by any means grab any other object than the model named "panelak2.p3d" stored in the pbo buildings.pbo in the player's "common" or "addons" folders (CA).

An A2 terrain that calls the object from "buildings2" can not ever by any means grab any other object than the model named "panelak2.p3d" stored in the pbo buildings2.pbo in the players player's "common" or "addons" folders (CA).

SO... There HAVE to be duplicate models in each of the folders. If for example the A1 version had a model error that the A2 copy did not, then the one's on A1 maps would be flawed until fixed, and the A2 one's would be fine.

For the editor:

Objects called on terrains are for the most part "Land" classed objects, these objects should not have their scope set to "2" (selectable in the editor) because when you do this, the object "names" are displayed in game or on map in game when you mouse overt them in "normal" difficulty setting... It tags all the buildings like it does for players/opfor when the settings are not at Veteran.

Due to this, most mission makers use "editor upgrade" addons, which essentially just adjust the original config to include "Scope=2" and a class/name/description for the editor to read... This historically is something that mission makers knew about, and handled on their end. We included editor upgrade addons from NeoArmageddon's MapBuilder project. 

AiA also included an editor upgrade addon, however it only defined one of the panelak buildings to avoid confusion for mission makers. Which one you "call" in your mission is irrelevant for anyone using AiA or CUP_Terrains as they're both there no matter what. Any changes made to one, is copied to the other unless it's overlooked by accident. So feel free to pick whichever you like.

Is there any known errors with the ponds at the moment? I've added lakes to my map but bits keep disappearing when at a distance. Just wondering if it's a bug with CUP / ARMA or even something I'm doing....

Example

http://i.imgur.com/oUZuAvg.jpg

Ponds have a few issues, none of which can be fixed by us, NONE of the "fixes" to ponds between CUP and AiA had anything to do with us, this is something that BI quietly fixed on their end (I assume while doing the Tanoa Terrain). The remaining issues I HOPE will be fixed by the time Tanoa is released but obviously have no idea if that's the case or not.

Current Issues:

3rd party terrains - No pond model can be "called" by the terrain more than once, or it will create a "horizon glitch" where a prominent shader line is drawn across the entire view when you look toward the duplicated pond. This can be fixed by simply renaming the pond objects themselves, and repathing the terrain. I BELIEVE, Mikero has a tool for this available to his subscribers that "auto fixes" the issue.

All Ponds - In the presence of fog, the rvmat turns completely black, it's horrible.

Hey i have got problem with CUP terrains full. I donwloaded and than load it in A3 launcher but when i start game there arent maps like takistan, zargabad etc. so where is that problem??  :)

Your download must be corrupt as all the terrains are included in CUP_Terrains complete package.

• Like 5