CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

It's my server having the problem, on my PC I have no problems

Well I can tell you the fact you're running the mod twice isn't helping.

First off, great job and thanks so much on the release!!  I believe i posted this already earlier.

I had one question about the ponds (not related to CUP, i know, but wanted to ask).  In playing on Clafghan, i noticed their ponds create some issues and i have that LINE issue across the screen at certain angles.  Does anyone know if this is something that can be looked at or fixed?  Maybe someone outside CUP can create a patch for this?  I really hope so as uts such a great map and now works great with the CUP release, where before it did not (Height issues).

Anyways great work again to all involved.

That is an Arma 3 issue, No 2 pond models can have the same name or they will produce that error, there is a tool to quickly fix it for the author's to use. I suggest you contact the author and request they update it (not sure if that's an active project or not).

Loving the pack! Since using CUP Terrains myself and a few others have had random crashing out of nowhere on Reshmaan, does this new update fix that?

Thanks!

That terrain might have infinite terrain at the edges which causes random crashes, there is nothing we can do to fix it if that is the case.

Since AiA is part of this now and the old thread is closed I hope I can ask this in here. I'm a bit confused on which order to install the AiA Patch-Hotfix and the Hotfix?

Thank

Not sure, as mentioned this is not AiA, the process was surely outlined in their thread though, have a thorough read through it.

I keep losing connection to armaholic.. 2 hours of d load is now 3 hours..

Not much we can do about connection issues with content distributors.

Hey Guys!

Great Mod... I've upped all 3 folders on my server and when I start up I get this on the .rpt

Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Bohemia_Config' requires addon 'CAMisc'​

Tried my old friend google but he couldn't help me.... Can anyone here help?

Thanks

Here is the modlist

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@mcc_sandbox;

@CAF;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSF;@SMD_Sahrani_A3;@AlRayakV001;@PRKZ;@Imrali;@Koplic;@Wake;

@fallujah;@Helvantis;@Sangin;@Clafghan;@ALiVE;@EVW;@RDS;@RDS_AG_Comp;@RDS_Tank_CAG;@Cha_Mi8;

@cha_mi24;@CUP;@hlcmods;@ASDG_JR;@JBAD_Buildings;@ACR_A3;@kyo_MH47E;@Bornholm;@Thirsk;@panthera;@isladuala_a3;

@3CB;@MEC;@Vcom_Driving;@sfp_wamako;@lingor3;@Waziristan;@Mog;@Gunkizli;@btc_al_jak;@swt_markers_a3;@DEGA;@Iraqi_warfare;@lostislandpack;@PsyLandRover;

@Cha_Lav25;@helmand_valley;@R3F;@Leights_OPFOR;@ExtraEditor;@mas;@DDAM;@RSPN;@Kapaulio​

You specifically mention 3 folders, there are only 2, you also show 3 in your list, you are definitely loading the mod twice. Either load CUP_Terrains_Core+CUP_Terrains_Maps or JUST CUP_Terrains

If any want to try some old Domi Sharani ill be running a server next 24hours - avail at 91.100.101.163:2302 - located Scandinavia.

Someone is having error "Crash in game" when trying to open the Sahrani and Takistan map?

When I try to open these maps in the editor, the game closes and shows this error has.

I'm running the game only with the and CUP Terrain and CUP Core, if I use @CBA the same thing happens.

Both mod downloaded from the Steam Workshop.

gTKVD2j.png

* I thank the efforts of all of you the CUP, but I wish the next update, the habitable constructions existing in Sahrani could go back, because I have done the goals of my missions using most of these dwellings.

* I thank the efforts of all of you the CUP, but I wish the next update, the habitable constructions existing in Sahrani could go back, because I have done the goals of my missions using most of these dwellings.

I want to second this. I like the CUP Sahrani more than the SMD A3 one, BUT, none of my missions run really well without enterable buildings. I know it's in your plans to do it, I just wanna stress maybe, how importand that is for many of us.

@snakeplissken: Sounds like a corrupt download, please try redownloading it.

• Like 1

When you resolve the issue with Taviana:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/366281301018283829/2745A3AB4266ECCE56BAE13C9EA199781239B4EC/

13:06:28 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
13:06:28 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/view.php?id=181

When you resolve the issue with Taviana:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/366281301018283829/2745A3AB4266ECCE56BAE13C9EA199781239B4EC/

http://bugs.cup-arma3.org/view.php?id=181

As stated serveral times in the past: The black water (in fog) is a A3 engine bug and we can DO NOTHING about it, except removing the water again (like in early AiA/A3MP).

The blackening ponds is a BI problem, nothing we can do about that. If you want to avoid that, don't use fog.

Same goes for the rpt entries, see http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24187

Regarding the bug report you linked: bug reports that aren't in english are ignored by us.

Someone is having error "Crash in game" when trying to open the Sahrani and Takistan map?

When I try to open these maps in the editor, the game closes and shows this error has.

I'm running the game only with the and CUP Terrain and CUP Core, if I use @CBA the same thing happens.

Both mod downloaded from the Steam Workshop.

gTKVD2j.png

Hi everyone

I just checked the terrains no problem to run them for me I can open every single terrain without errors and I'm running only CUP without CBA. This must be a corrupt download or install on your side. I have no problems to run them.

cheers

• Like 1

@snakeplissken: Sounds like a corrupt download, please try redownloading it.

Hi everyone

I just checked the terrains no problem to run them for me I can open every single terrain without errors and I'm running only CUP without CBA. This must be a corrupt download or install on your side. I have no problems to run them.

cheers

I love you guys!

I downloaded again here and it's all working!

Just missing the habitable buildings of Sahrani :(

Bug:

I'm missing some "bullet hit ground" particle effects for certain surfaces.

Reproductible on huge parts of the Chernarussian terrains (normal and summer version). Place an unit at grid 045/048 (grass strip at the airfield) and shoot the ground. You'll get the "black" hit circle but no "dust" particle effects.

This issue is problematic for ranged combat in general, sniper and spotter missions and supression. If you cannnot locate the spot where a bullet hits the ground you cannot adjust accuratly.

Bug:

Reproductible on huge parts of the Chernarussian terrains (normal and summer version). Place an unit at grid 045/048 (grass strip at the airfield) and shoot the ground. You'll get the "black" hit circle but no "dust" particle effects.

This issue is problematic for ranged combat in general, sniper and spotter missions and supression. If you cannnot locate the spot where a bullet hits the ground you cannot adjust accuratI

I've checked it out as well. Indeed on long distant ranges no bullet impact is to be seen. Seems that dust particles are not rendered beyond 100 game meters. Moreover the dust particle around 50 m looks already very weak and transparent. Don't know how to describe it. On Chernarus no dust particle on grassy terrains. As a matter of fact zeroing in for snipers becomes problematic maybe pure luck I would say.

cheers

I've checked it out as well. Indeed on long distant ranges no bullet impact is to be seen. Seems that dust particles are not rendered beyond 100 game meters. Moreover the dust particle around 50 m looks already very weak and transparent. Don't know how to describe it. On Chernarus no dust particle on grassy terrains. As a matter of fact zeroing in for snipers becomes problematic maybe pure luck I would say.

cheers

Agree, same to me.

cheers

Even on short distances you most probably see the weapon's dust and not the ground dust.

Something is odd when running the Workshop version of this terrain with TADST (ARMA's dedicated server tool).

I set up my missions to run CUP Terrains Maps and CUP Terrains Core in the mods tab. Play for the night, shut the server down, etc.

Yet, when I return the next day, and reopen TADST, some file called "CUP Terrains Pack" (one mod) is suddenly checked in my mods tab while the other two (core and maps) are unchecked.

I've never downloaded any "pack" or any all inclusive version of CUP Terrains. Should I be worried by this? Just to be safe I always switch it back to the two files. Necessary? Not necessary?

Hi,

Small issue when using CUP Terrains in conjunction with the VTS mission creation tool: the font that is used in the shop changed :blink:

The new font is far less readable (see pic).

iBtIZCUm.jpg

It's not a big issue by itself, but it makes me wonder where the link between the two is. Any idea?

Thank you!

Bug:

This issue is problematic for ranged combat in general, sniper and spotter missions and supression. If you cannnot locate the spot where a bullet hits the ground you cannot adjust accuratly.

this is already on the bug tracker for chernarus, but like nettrucker, i've got the feeling that there are also minor issues on the other terrains concerning bullet impact effects. although i could imagine, that the arma 3 bullet-impact looks faint on the desert-terrains simply because the color of the effekt is so similar to the general colors of the terrain. maybe there is more to it though. hadn't had time yet to test in more detail...

*edit* a great release whatsoever. good work, cup-team! and thank you! :)

Something is odd when running the Workshop version of this terrain with TADST (ARMA's dedicated server tool).

I set up my missions to run CUP Terrains Maps and CUP Terrains Core in the mods tab. Play for the night, shut the server down, etc.

Yet, when I return the next day, and reopen TADST, some file called "CUP Terrains Pack" (one mod) is suddenly checked in my mods tab while the other two (core and maps) are unchecked.

I've never downloaded any "pack" or any all inclusive version of CUP Terrains. Should I be worried by this? Just to be safe I always switch it back to the two files. Necessary? Not necessary?

"CUP Terrains - Core" was initially mislabeled as "CUP Terrains Pack" on Steam. It seams Steam didn't automatically delete the old folder after the name was corrected - you can safely do that.

"CUP Terrains - Core" was initially mislabeled as "CUP Terrains Pack" on Steam. It seams Steam didn't automatically delete the old folder after the name was corrected - you can safely do that.

So this "CUP Terrains Pack" automatically being checked on my mods tab in TADST is not actually Core and Maps combined, correct? Meaning I need to manually change this every time I start my server?

Remember, my CUP Maps and CUP Core automatically become unchecked (meaning they don't get launched on the server) when the server restarts.

So when I set it up, it looks like this:

@CBA, @CUP Terrains Core, @CUP Terrains Maps, @Reshmaan Province, etc

And becomes

@CBA, @CUP Terrains Pack, @Reshmaan Province, etc

After I close and reopen TADST.

Hi team!

Thanks you very much for your hard work!

But can you explain what different between your mod and "All in ArmA Terrain Pack" (I use this mod who have all islands of A2 and A1)?

Have fun!

But can you explain what different between your mod and "All in ArmA Terrain Pack" (I use this mod who have all islands of A2 and A1)?

All in Arma Terrain pack is no longer maintained. We took up the pack, brushed it up, and released it in the framework of the Community Upgrade Project, adding new features along the way (like working ponds, for example). CUP Terrains will be actively maintained and improved upon in the future.

If you want an indication of what is to come, look at the other releases of CUP, the weapons, vehicles and units. CUP is constantly improving upon those with new stuff, even adding features from outside of the original scope of porting the released Arma 2 assets.