CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

@doveman: We unified the naming, should clean up misunderstandings. CUP Terrains - Complete is not on PWS as it's basically Core + Maps.

@dr death jm: We have no influence on Armaholic, if you have troubles there, try one of the other mirrors.

• Like 1

Since AiA is part of this now and the old thread is closed I hope I can ask this in here. I'm a bit confused on which order to install the AiA Patch-Hotfix and the Hotfix?

Thanks!

In no order, this is not AiA TP, also it build upon its work. Just install CUP Terrains, it replaces AiA TP.

Great on the update, one issue I have faced is that light sources in Takistan cannot be shot out. Also, when playing with ACE, standing at a light source in Takistan doesnt register as a light source so that makes me suspect the light sources have an issue, eg light bulbs. 

First off, great job and thanks so much on the release!!  I believe i posted this already earlier.

I had one question about the ponds (not related to CUP, i know, but wanted to ask).  In playing on Clafghan, i noticed their ponds create some issues and i have that LINE issue across the screen at certain angles.  Does anyone know if this is something that can be looked at or fixed?  Maybe someone outside CUP can create a patch for this?  I really hope so as uts such a great map and now works great with the CUP release, where before it did not (Height issues).

Anyways great work again to all involved.

I just saw what you're talking about and the blue lines. Yikes.

It sort of sours a really nice map. The likes can at times cover the entire center of the screen.

@doveman: We unified the naming, should clean up misunderstandings. CUP Terrains - Complete is not on PWS as it's basically Core + Maps.

@dr death jm: We have no influence on Armaholic, if you have troubles there, try one of the other mirrors.

Thanks TheConen. I see the update and that Core is properly named now. I was aware that CUP Terrains wasn't meant to be on PWS, it was just the confusing naming of CUP Core that I wanted to bring to your attention. :cheers:

In no order, this is not AiA TP, also it build upon its work. Just install CUP Terrains, it replaces AiA TP.

Oh sorry I meant Im trying to install AiA, I want to test whether Reshmaan randomly crashes as a result of CUP Terrains or if its something else. There are some others to which are having the same issue so I just want to see if I can figure out what it is. I was just wondering is after getting @AiA 2015 01 01 full set up which order to apply the hotfix/hotfix-patch

Thanks!

Question : Found out that all doors are open in Takistan and other maps? Did the last update addressed that particular issue?

Great work CUP team & Happy N-Year!

First thanks for sharing your work guys.

The CUP Terrains - Complete - Patch: v1.0.0 to v1.0.1 has the same size as the CUP Terrains - Core - Patch: v1.0.0 to v1.0.1 . It is 749MB...

I wonder why the CUP Terrains - Complete - Patch: v1.0.0 to v1.0.1 uses the same bisigns & bikey as CUP Terrains - Core - Patch: v1.0.0 to v1.0.1 .

This brings a messy mix of sings & keys.

I understand its much work to sing all anyway but this looks confusing. Iam about to handle this on server, myself and A3sync for my team-mates.

No offensive but just a hint for next time maybe...

regards

Muecke

Edit: Also the "cup_terrains_core-1.0.1.bikey" seems not to work. Does anybody has it working ?

Edit2: Sorry was my fault with double key for one file...all good

Heyho

I'm missing some "bullet hit ground" particle effects for certain surfaces.

Reproductible on huge parts of the Chernarussian terrains (normal and summer version). Place an unit at grid 045/048 (grass strip at the airfield) and shoot the ground. You'll get the "black" hit circle but no "dust" particle effects.

This issue is problematic for ranged combat in general, sniper and spotter missions and supression. If you cannnot locate the spot where a bullet hits the ground you cannot adjust accuratly.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year!

Just a heads up guys that this isn't currently showing up on Workshop. Forgive me if that's just part of the update process. All I'm seeing is the "This item is either marked as hidden or you don't have permission to view it" message.

Just a heads up guys that this isn't currently showing up on Workshop. Forgive me if that's just part of the update process. All I'm seeing is the "This item is either marked as hidden or you don't have permission to view it" message.

Yeah my core updated and now says corrupted in steam, the terrains one is fine. I kinda needed the core one for my terrain I'm working on.

it is available for about 2-3 hours at steam . Its the problem of your client . restart

@muecke: Complete is nothing else but "Core + Maps", just packaged into one addon for conevenience.

@HeroesandvillainsOS: Workshop should work as normal again. 

it is available for about 2-3 hours at steam . Its the problem of your client . restart

It's back now.

EDIT: Thanks, TheConan. I see that and appreciate you guys fixing it!

Hey Guys!

Great Mod... I've upped all 3 folders on my server and when I start up I get this on the .rpt

Warning Message: Addon 'CUP_Bohemia_Config' requires addon 'CAMisc'​

Tried my old friend google but he couldn't help me.... Can anyone here help?

Thanks

Here is the modlist

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@mcc_sandbox;

@CAF;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSF;@SMD_Sahrani_A3;@AlRayakV001;@PRKZ;@Imrali;@Koplic;@Wake;

@fallujah;@Helvantis;@Sangin;@Clafghan;@ALiVE;@EVW;@RDS;@RDS_AG_Comp;@RDS_Tank_CAG;@Cha_Mi8;

@cha_mi24;@CUP;@hlcmods;@ASDG_JR;@JBAD_Buildings;@ACR_A3;@kyo_MH47E;@Bornholm;@Thirsk;@panthera;@isladuala_a3;

@3CB;@MEC;@Vcom_Driving;@sfp_wamako;@lingor3;@Waziristan;@Mog;@Gunkizli;@btc_al_jak;@swt_markers_a3;@DEGA;@Iraqi_warfare;@lostislandpack;@PsyLandRover;

@Cha_Lav25;@helmand_valley;@R3F;@Leights_OPFOR;@ExtraEditor;@mas;@DDAM;@RSPN;@Kapaulio​

• Like 1

Wow, that's... a lot of mods lol.

Where did you get the terrains from? PWS has been having difficulties the first few days after release with some switching and deleting and moving etc.

Got it from www.armaholic.com

That way I'm ready for anything! I use the All Out War mission from Cruoriss and you can choose lots of baddies to play against, also to many good maps to play!

Here is the modlist

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@...

You are running Terrains twice...

@CUP_Terrains is the same as @CUP_Terrains_Core + @CUP_Terrains_Maps

This could cause trouble. To sort out what it really causes, start the terrains with one mod at a time.

Start with

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps

then continue with

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@mcc_sandbox

and so on...

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

we changed the first post a bit - all detailed information, download links and changelogs are now and will be in future solely available on our website. This gives us one central place where we can update all the important information instead of 4 or 5 different places we need to update.

Greetings

The CUP team

• Like 1

You are running Terrains twice...

@CUP_Terrains is the same as @CUP_Terrains_Core + @CUP_Terrains_Maps

This could cause trouble. To sort out what it really causes, start the terrains with one mod at a time.

Start with

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps

then continue with

=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@mcc_sandbox

and so on...

No that's a typo.... It's just in one time.

Will try mods one by one