CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Problem remains, just on longer distances. And this parallax...... God, why they havent give us option to disable it. There are only 2 options without parallax - low, and standard. High, very high and ultra bring this ground seen by drunken eyes. Dont believe me, or you didnt notice it - here is the proof - look at related tickets number:
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=586

BTW Parallax have impact on FPS
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/142382-parallax-occlusion-mapping/

Yes I know that but it seems that something is missing in the CUPs add-on's that was in AiA. I have double checked and Fallujah loads no problem with AiA but won't with CUPs.

I believe there are common A2 map assets or something that islands in A2 and islands like Fallujah are expecting to find.

I am hoping someone from CUPs can shed some light on this because I'm sure someone in the group is very interested in using Fallujah with CUPs. Until CUPs works with Fallujah I am going to stick with AiA unfortunately!! And that makes me sad!! :(

As far as I know, the CUP Terrains team is not related to PW6 or the Fallujah map. Your best chance is probably to contact the PW6 support.

Yes I know that but it seems that something is missing in the CUPs add-on's that was in AiA. I have double checked and Fallujah loads no problem with AiA but won't with CUPs.

Have you checked the RPT file?

Also, bugs that aren't reported in our issue tracker do not exist ;)

• Like 1

Ok just to really confuse us all... PW6 is now calling CUP_T for Lingor and Pantera (correct) and AiA_TP and Pantera for Isla Duala - (incorrect !)

So be careful of what's in your repo/collection as you may end up pulling down CUP & AiA (!)

The funniest thing I've ever seen happened tonight. I drive a Civ Vehicle into the side of the town center building (also known as the school house) in the middle of Elektro and the building fell over. I'll post a video soon. It was fantastic. Obviously something that should get fixed but it made for the lols.

i0GeXdt.jpg

zBogm0N.jpg

• Like 1

I sure wish there was a separate thread for PW6 issues. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Anyone had an issue with undestructible bulbs in street lamps on Taki? They show dirt particles instead of killing the light when shot.

Fun fact: during the first few hours after release CUP Terrains was almost exclusively hosted on a private server until it was spread to all the mirrors. This is the traffic statistic of said server:

x4jB.png

Most noticeable bug I've seen is at night time certain water effects glow blue at night lol. Definitely need to fix that one.

Also when using a light script that turns off all the lamps in the map, the lighting goes out but the actual lamp still has a light glow to it. Besides that seems ok.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey CUP , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

banner-420x120.png

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

banner-420x120.png

got a game breaking bug ---->  the arma 2 bargate is still rotated 90 degrees ... so please fix it  :P  

nice job CUP team  :)  from now on CUP is in AIA is out :P  

Ponds got fixed I gotta love you guys. Sorry I'm late to the party Just got ArmA 3 recently. fantastic work you guys are doing. I've loaded some UNSUNG 2 maps with Cup terrains. Works perfectly only on 1 Unsung map there was a little flaw for the rest it works outright of the box.

Thanks for your effort and hard work you are doing.

Wish you all a happy new year

cheers

you guy did a really nice job and put a lot of time in this funny thing is if we get a new arma say arma 4 you have to do all that nice work all over again dont have to but would be cool

thanks for spending the time for porting all this happy new year

hi everyone.

Happy new year. I have encountered a strange thing. I don't know if it's only me and if this has been reported haven't read the whole thread. No auto save game is working with the cup terrains even the manual save is greyed out for me. Can someone please check this and deny or confirm. Would like to know if it's only me or is it a flaw in cup terrains.

Thanks and keep up this great work.

cheers :)

^^never heard of terrain stopping you from saving...thats usually a scripted mod or mission that controls that and not a terrain map. I'll take a guess and say that you must be running other mods other than just a cup terrain.

I have the same problem with the Mogadishu Map. I gonna test some more and maybe take some screenies or better a video.

Cheers

Did some further testing. Nothing is wrong it was on my side. Verified cache integrity. Now it works, sorry for the false alarm.

cheers

you guy did a really nice job and put a lot of time in this funny thing is if we get a new arma say arma 4 you have to do all that nice work all over again dont have to but would be cool

thanks for spending the time for porting all this happy new year

If my guess is correct, that will involve the need to fully convert all the p3d's to FBX, and then, they will need full re-modelling to create hi poly variants to make textures with. Not sure if this is a goal that will ever happen.

It's been in the back of my head since TKOM was announced, I always saw that as the natural progression for the next Arma. Terrains will need a LOT more serious 3d model makers for that to ever happen. I was at one point hoping to learn 3d modelling better in order to start doing this for A3 in order to create more A3 suitable textures for the A1 assets, but I think it's just out of the scope of reality for me now.

However, if there were folks interested in doing that, it would be fairly easy to coordinate the work so that the work for an eventual A4 or even DayZ SA mod (sorry ;P ), would be there already.

• Like 1