CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

Hey Everyone! 

HUGE congrats to all the guys that really pushed this release out! I just haven't been able to find any time for the project, I'm hoping to get back on the horse soon.

Saw a few questions I might be able to address. 

1. The Apartment buildings - Please outline your exact issues in as much detail as possible. The building alignment should be fine, I checked the RC the other guys prepared and they appeared to be all in the right place, I will DL and double check now.

2. The office/school building - No work has ever been done to those as far as I know, I will try to fix the issues once I get back up and running if no one else has in the meantime.

3. Servers - You can run only the core if you are running only a 3rd party terrain, however that depends on the specific terrain. Some terrains might have dependencies on one or more BI terrains, if that's the case, you need those files present as well.

4. Xcam/editor - I'm not sure what/if anything was changed, I'll have to review it,

Once again, ENORMOUS thanks to TheConen for getting this out to the community for the Holidays!!!

I asked this earlier, perhaps you missed the post.  Will the Sahrani in CUP_terrains be upgraded with all the great changes you made for A2 Sahrani 1.65?

The A2 SMD Sahrani works great with A3 CUP_terrains loaded (all doors work perfectly, like garage doors and red shed doors, etc.), but there are errors associated with missing A2 units in the intros for the island, and a warning about possible crashes related to binarization.

But then again, SMD Sahrani != BI Sahrani.  ;)

@rekkless

Already did, still the same - acts like its A2 starting up rather than A3 - showing completely scrambled UI with error message once it starts up.

@rekkless

Already did, still the same - acts like its A2 starting up rather than A3 - showing completely scrambled UI with error message once it starts up.

RPT?

This is how Arma 3 looks when i start it up using your "Complete" (@CUP_Terrains on PW6) version together with my clans modlist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9xvz113a5tq85u/2015-12-27_00001.jpg?dl=0

Interesting...isnt it?

question do you use steam A3 Launcher to manage addons and start game?

had this once too and it took me hours to fix it again, since then I never touch again steam A3 Launcher

somehow it does try to load Arma2 stuff, do you have Arma2 installed on same hard drive?

had to delete all config stuff of steam A3 Launcher, but don's ask me how I did it

too much time is passed and can't remember

my advice to you use a3synch launcher and crap like this never will happen

So should we start making missions with this? Are people willing enough to download this for missions or would they prefer to have the missions using AiA TP since they already have that. 

You guys should start using CUP for mission making since AiA_TP is not supported by devs. It might need some time until everybody has moved to CUP Terrains, but in the end it is inevitable if you want to use A1/A2 map content.

Works nice so far. Update from early versions , works nice with missionfile and everything. But there is something that bothers me. Before the update alot of classnames for Objects were <CUP_A1_classname> or <CUP_A2_classname>. Rename these files to <Land_classname> fixed some of the Objects but not all. Is there a file where i can look how the classnames changed? I dont want to throw away the hours of work. Best regards and thanks for the hard work guys ;)

I just quote my question from Steam Workshop.

I make map addons with latest mapbuilder http://www.map-builder.info

befor update all objects were listed in mapbuilder now many objects are not listed or in the original arma 3 categories.

Hope these Infos are enough.

Best regards and thanks for this masterpiece.   :)

I asked this earlier, perhaps you missed the post.  Will the Sahrani in CUP_terrains be upgraded with all the great changes you made for A2 Sahrani 1.65?

The A2 SMD Sahrani works great with A3 CUP_terrains loaded (all doors work perfectly, like garage doors and red shed doors, etc.), but there are errors associated with missing A2 units in the intros for the island, and a warning about possible crashes related to binarization.

But then again, SMD Sahrani != BI Sahrani.  ;)

I suggest you use SMD Sahrani A3, it already includes all the changes from SMD Sahrani A2 and is specifically made for A3. Implementing the upgrades done in SMD Sahrani A3 to BI Sahrani included in CUP is a long-term goal, though it has no high priority. There is SMD Sahrani A3, after all...

I suggest you use SMD Sahrani A3, it already includes all the changes from SMD Sahrani A2 and is specifically made for A3. Implementing the upgrades done in SMD Sahrani A3 to BI Sahrani included in CUP is a long-term goal, though it has no high priority. There is SMD Sahrani A3, after all...

Ok, thanks.  Downloading SMD Sahrani A3 now.

People, please be aware of mod launch ORDER.

Ensure that dependencies are first in line before the mods which are dependent on them.  May solve a lot of issues.

I've seen that dust storm error before though, except last time it was on Australia.  Not this time.  I'll check the others.

Edit to add:  Australia, Duala, Lingor, and Pantera all load fine for me.  No error messages, either, but I'm running -nologs.  I think I did turn it off once just to verify, and the only thing I got was an error about charion from Mach Loop, which I think uses AiA/CUP stuff.  Everything is running just dandy.  Thanks!

Is this a answer for my problem? just want to ask  :)

so should be the core file after map files?

now we have 1. core files 2.map files. 3 other mods

should be right i think. :huh:  i take a try the other way.

@OMAC

The Dev from SMD_Sahrani is part from the CUP Team and i read somewhere, that Sahrani in the CUP_Terrainpack based on SMD_Sahrani. We had smd_Sahrani (latest version around march i think) run on our server and we get random crashes at certain areas. after upgrade to CUP everything works fine.

EDIT

here is my source (last Post and Signature from first Post)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175705-smd-sahrani-a3-bohemias-sahrani-terrain-as-ported-by-smd/page-14

@OMAC

The Dev from SMD_Sahrani is part from the CUP Team and i read somewhere, that Sahrani in the CUP_Terrainpack based on SMD_Sahrani. We had smd_Sahrani (latest version around march i think) run on our server and we get random crashes at certain areas. after upgrade to CUP everything works fine.

EDIT

here is my source (last Post and Signature from first Post)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/175705-smd-sahrani-a3-bohemias-sahrani-terrain-as-ported-by-smd/page-14

Thanks for the info.  The Sahrani currently in CUP_Terrains is the old BI Sahrani.  After playing with SMD Sahrani, the old BI version is a letdown.  Hopefully the full, awesome SMD Sahrani will replace the old BI version someday.  The SMD Sahrani A3 v0.25 is good, but has some bugs.

Huge congrats and thanks to the CUP team!!!  :wub:  :bounce3:  :cheers:

:angry:  Can anyone please tell me why CUP Terrains Full is going to be deleted from PlayWithSIx? I've just gotten my unit of over 30 players to delete AIATP and download Cup Terrains and now PWS is saying it will be deleted.

Why is is ok that ArmAHolic, Mega and google drive all can host the full pack but if we use PWS we must have CORE and MAPS separate?

Considering there is nothing wrong with the full pack that is on PWS and to redownload CORE and MAPs is going to be another 7.5gig. WTF?

BKmrZ1R.png

Anyone else got this? No idea from which custom A2 island it's from :/

BKmrZ1R.png

Anyone else got this? No idea from which custom A2 island it's from :/

Arma3 conains also church_small_F.

_generalMacro = "Church_Small_F";

simulation = "church";

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\empty.p3d";

destrType = "DestructDefault";

configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Church_Small_F

["Church_F","Church","House","HouseBase","NonStrategic","Building","Static","All"]

the issue is not new .

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/173871-issue-with-server-start-up/

ignore, mind skipped over pond fix in feature list.

:angry:  Can anyone please tell me why CUP Terrains Full is going to be deleted from PlayWithSIx? I've just gotten my unit of over 30 players to delete AIATP and download Cup Terrains and now PWS is saying it will be deleted.

Why is is ok that ArmAHolic, Mega and google drive all can host the full pack but if we use PWS we must have CORE and MAPS separate?

Considering there is nothing wrong with the full pack that is on PWS and to redownload CORE and MAPs is going to be another 7.5gig. WTF?

I'm sorry it shouldn't even be there. There is no point on having full pack on platforms like pws and steam workshop who have inbuilt support for dependencies, it's just waste of space. If you don't want to download the pack again, just rename it to @cup_terrains_core and create new folder @cup_terrains_maps and move all the maps pbo there.

This is how Arma 3 looks when i start it up using your "Complete" (@CUP_Terrains on PW6) version together with my clans modlist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9xvz113a5tq85u/2015-12-27_00001.jpg?dl=0

Interesting...isnt it?

On your screen there is allinarmaterrainpack in right list. Maybe that's the source of your problems?

Just another big "congrats" and "thank you" to the team for the hard work! :wub:

You guys should start using CUP for mission making since AiA_TP is not supported by devs. It might need some time until everybody has moved to CUP Terrains, but in the end it is inevitable if you want to use A1/A2 map content.

A long road of pain it will be, my young padavan. :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  The Sahrani currently in CUP_Terrains is the old BI Sahrani.  After playing with SMD Sahrani, the old BI version is a letdown.  Hopefully the full, awesome SMD Sahrani will replace the old BI version someday.  The SMD Sahrani A3 v0.25 is good, but has some bugs.

But where is the Difference? It looks like CUP_Sahrani/United_Sahrani looks better and run smoother than SMD_Sahrani. Everything is present, better Ground Textures, Lighting, Weather, Sealife/Wildlife (Fishes, Bunnys and Stuff). I only noticed that many objects are slightly missplaced/overlapping but its ok and i hope it gets fixed over time.

I just want to push the Problem with new class names since update.

I see that Cosmo has the same Problem: 

Can anyone tell me how to get all those objects to work in XCam? I deleted an reloaded my whole library but still XCam seems only be able to find small parts of the A2-Objects.

Most of them are clustered under a small group called "Objects", some under "warfare" but the classic groups like "A2_Trees", "A2_Bushes" etc seem to be missing and are not imported as well as nearly all of the buildings like these one:

ScXYGZbm.jpg

Any one any idea how i can make them work with XCAM to be more then only those few objects you can already find in the regular editor?

7yPYjrmm.jpg

The old version of CUP Terrain worked without problems, including the different object-groups etc. No all are gone. Is this a problem with XCam or has anything elementary been changed in the CUP-Version?

@ Cosmo

You can fix some objects when u replace "CUP_A1"/"Cup_A2" infront of the classname with "Land". But it works only with objects that, i think, could be in the Group "Structures"  or something like that. I take a look into the pbo´s and hope i get some Classname Lists.

A response from the Cup_Team could be nice to clear things up  ;)

Just to put some clarity around this...

https://community.withsix.com/topic/2/arma-mod-requests/100

Some maps that were ported to A3 recently- for Instance pantera or duala - have AiA_TP set as a dependency so for the moment won't work properly with CUP if loaded with PW6

You can see these maps as they have a little dependency chain next the the map name..

Thank you Serjames for the clarity post. Appreciate it.

Thank you Serjames for the clarity post. Appreciate it.

Sorry-bit confused.Does that mean we cannot use those maps with CUP at the moment? one other question-if I try to play a workshop mission or armaholic mission on Chernarus that was made with AiATP,will it work if I am running CUP?

EDIT-I read the changelog-it says it has backwards compatibility with AiATP now :D

Same here its saying that Cup terrains are gonna be deleted so what i have to re-download this again in the future.  Reason i use PWS is that i dont have to download 7gigs everytime there is an update like i would have to do on Armaholic.  

Arma3 conains also church_small_F.

_generalMacro = "Church_Small_F";

simulation = "church";

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\empty.p3d";

destrType = "DestructDefault";

configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Church_Small_F

["Church_F","Church","House","HouseBase","NonStrategic","Building","Static","All"]

the issue is not new .

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/173871-issue-with-server-start-up/

It does go away if I deselect all islands that require custom assets.. So I guess the only way to identify the culprit is trial and error.. Arma does take its sweet time launching so that's a time-consuming prospect :D

But where is the Difference? It looks like CUP_Sahrani/United_Sahrani looks better and run smoother than SMD_Sahrani. Everything is present, better Ground Textures, Lighting, Weather, Sealife/Wildlife (Fishes, Bunnys and Stuff). I only noticed that many objects are slightly missplaced/overlapping but its ok and i hope it gets fixed over time.

There are many differences, some hard to spot.  Shed doors are openable (doesn't work in A3 version), bugs fixed, buildings moved, etc. etc.  Check SMD Sahrani thread (especially A2 version).  Very obvious is the addition to SMD version of enterable buildings with openable doors and windows, such as one at NW corner of market square in Corazol (see image below).  Also, the SMD version adds proper A3 underwater vegetation and textures.  BI version included in CUP_Terrains has grass as underwater veg.

a978ca455007626.jpg