CUP

Community Upgrade Project - CUP Terrains

From what i found yet, AI visibility need tweaking - i mean the grass. Its simply impossible to see AI in grass, and they see you perfectly - player need to disable grass.

rpt just for info. Dont think there is anything unknown. https://mega.nz/#!MdtWTDaY

railroad on cherna is not solid. you can drive/walk "through".

high grass is still a problem against ai.

some big bushes already fall beside when i nearly touch them outside with a car, looks funny ;)

Will there be a workshop download in the near future? I would prefer that over the normal downloads because of the update function (bad internet connection)

Other than that, thank you for the awesome mod :)

I found it on Steam!

• Like 1

I found it on Steam!

Yep it's now on Steam. Just search for CUP

Yep it's now on Steam. Just search for CUP

I can't confirm that it is working yet, it has suspiciously small size.. I need to download and check it.

EDIT: nevermind! It seems steam has really big compression, core package which had 7.2 GB has now only 3.2 GB on steam workshop :D

Thanks very much for putting this on Steam. Finally, I can download these huge ass terrains with my full 100mbit connection :)

I am grateful for the hard work that you have all put in. I've been waiting for this more than anything.

Congratulation and thanks for the release!

But round about 10 GB of harddisk save? I must first deinstall some Games... :)

Is the complete pack compatible like AIA TP or A3MP with 3rd party Maps that requiere those Mods?

Sorry for my bad english!

Congratulation and thanks for the release!

But round about 10 GB of harddisk save? I must first deinstall some Games... :)

Is the complete pack compatible like AIA TP or A3MP with 3rd party Maps that requiere those Mods?

Sorry for my bad english!

Full backwards compatibility with all missions and maps created with A3MP or AiA TP

in short, yes it is ;)

in short, yes it is ;)

Thank you! I missunderstud this in the first post, sorry.

Oh man; the CUP updates along with the Terrain Pack, UNSUNG Alpha released, my family is never going to see me this Christmas.

So the lighting at night is fixed, I guess? Last time I checked it didn't work properly (some alpha release, tested on Chernarus)

What about the configs; is there any notable difference to AiATP? Are the trees and concrete walls still so easy to knock down? Are the buildings still so soft, they partially collapse after couple of 30mm's? Are all of the doors still open on Takistan and similar maps?

Sorry for asking the dumb questions but I couldn't find it anywhere in changelog and didn't see any screenshots taken at night.

Answering my own questions for others:

Lighting at night works properly.

Trees are configured much better, you can't just knock a huge oak down with your offroad, going 20 km/h.

Buildings don't seem overly fragile.

Doors remain opened, unfortunately.

Sahrani is missing most of its interiors, some of them are bugged for now — I think this is subject to change in subsequent releases. As they've said already - the midrange texture is much better than it was, so overall Sahrani feels better than it felt before. Some of the interiors are entirely remade, some buildings that didn't have them have one now, most buildings that had them don't have one now. Can't wait to see interiors introduced back to the buildings from Rahmadi and Paraiso :)

AI still has troubles with bridges on Sara; bridges on Chernarus tend to work fine.

Ponds are fixed, but you can see that on the screenshots already. AI is missing some waypoints in these, refusing to use boats in them.

Sea level still seems to be too low, compared to original A2 water levels (can be seen on some objects) - especially on Sahrani. Chernarus has had its water level risen, although it's still like 50cm short.

Good release guys. I can't wait to see 1.1; good to see such an important part of CUP finally released. Keep it up!

• Like 3

Mirrors in the first post updated, mega, google drive, pws and steam workshop is now available!

• Like 1

Thanks for the hard work!

If you had a torrent version, then I would let it run on our server for a while ;)

Thanks for the hard work!

If you had a torrent version, then I would let it run on our server for a while ;)

It is on our list.

• Like 1

It is on our list.

Just so there's no confusion, I meant I would seed the torrent with our server

FfgxoiX.jpg

CUP                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        AiA

a little criticism from me to the CUP devs..

u wrote there is no need to change something on maps or missions...BUT something like this seems to me like a big step backwards...

do u guys have any plans to "fix" this incompatibility?

regards

The maps are untouched. The objects changed and they are still aligned correct on terrains (and with Map Builder savegames).

I am getting the following 'You cannot play/edit this mission; It is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted' error when opening a mission (created with AIA):

aia_misc3_config

aia_misc_e_config

On maps: United Sahrani, Takistan, Chernarus Summer, Shapur. Haven't checked other maps.

I have both CTP Core and CTP loaded. Starting a new mission on a CTP map is not a problem.

Congrats on release CUP team. I know there was a lot of work done for this, and just know that the community really appreciates it. Amazing work !

CUP                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        AiA

a little criticism from me to the CUP devs..

u wrote there is no need to change something on maps or missions...BUT something like this seems to me like a big step backwards...

regards

This could be coused because of the old aia tp source we got from Kju, we obviously miss this one. There was this problem in AiA TP and that WAS fixed back in AiA TP.

I am getting the following 'You cannot play/edit this mission; It is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted' error when opening a mission (created with AIA):

aia_misc3_config

aia_misc_e_config

I have both CTP Core and CTP loaded. Starting a new mission on a CTP map is not a problem.

sorry, we forgot to included this two CfgPatches into backward compability config, we will fix this in the next version.

aia_misc3_config

aia_misc_e_config

On maps: United Sahrani, Takistan, Chernarus Summer, Shapur. Haven't checked other maps.

to solve it, go to mission.sqm, delete everything in addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]= so it looks like this:

addOns[]=

{

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

};

then go to mission editor, place an object and delete it again, save mission and its fixed

FfgxoiX.jpg

If you mean the object list: That is something X-Cam has to fix as it is (probably) maintaining its object-lists itself. It probably doesn't recognise CUP as AiA and thus doesn't show the objects.