mathias_eichinger

Everon Defence Force 2035 infantry

Author:                 mathias1978
Author Websitehttp://mathias1978.deviantart.com/

Requirements: No addons required

Version: 1.4
Signed: No

Short description:
This mod adds a soldier model featuring a retexture of the BLUFOR unit in a woodland camo pattern provided by camorus--234 (http://camorus----234.deviantart.com/art/hungarian-m87-hurrican-bump-332322790).

Note to mission makers:
This unit represents the first platoon of the EU-sponsored Everon Defence Force, a nascent military force preparing to stand up afer 20 years of no standing army due in the impoverished Republic of Everon in 2035.
After a brutal and not successful war for secession, the Everon Defence Force was demobilised in 2015. Only in light of recent tensions with CSAT, the EU is arming the forces of the Nogovan Island Chain in the mediterrannean sea to create a buffer between itself and CSAT.

Units are to be found under BLUFOR-->Everon Defence Force-->Men. 

Armed and an unarmed Hunter MRAPs can be found under BLUFOR-->Everon Defence Force -->Cars.
This has been possible by investigating the Danish units by Mav87th.

Credits:
BI Studios for a game series that lets me be creative since 2005, having fun since 2001.
Mav87th for publishing an infantry addon featuring a custom faction - providing me with the next step in my learning experience with addon making!
camorus--234 for letting me use one of his great patterns - it really works in ArmA3's Everon forest.

calpa9907 for letting me use one of his nice grassland patterns for the vehicle camo.

Changelog:

v 1.1:

-Fixed wrong texture path that made the textures invisible since they referenced to my P:\ drive.

v 1.2:

Different soldier classes added, as well as the addition of the Hunter MRAP, in both an armed and unarmed version.

v 1.3:

Armor values corrected for the vests and helmets to offer protection again.

v1.4:

-New faction class "Everon Defence Force" in Eden editor, units are not lumped together under "Everon"

-Black MX rifles for most units

-Proper sniper rifle for the marksman

-Generic green weapons station for the armed Hunter - does not stand out so much.

Download:

http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/r5w3WSGL/file.html

Steam Subscription:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=582291311

Armaholic mirror: Thanks to Foxhound
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30022

I just updated my addon, smashing a critical bug where my texture paths pointed to my P:\ drive and were apparently invisible for everybody else except myself. Should be ok now!

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mathias_eichinger , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thanks for these, they will work well with my Nogovan Armed Forces :)

New addon version uploaded - I added different soldier classes and an armed and unarmed Hunter MRAP. Temporary download at zippyshare for the moment - please check first post.

EDIT: Steam Subscription added.

Great, that was fast!

Great job on the update :)

Looks awesome! But it looks like the vests didn't have any armor when in the Arsenal!

Hey CrazyCorky, thank you for the compliment. After checking in the virtual arsenal, I think you are referring to "Explosive Resistance?". This vest is based on the stock Plate Carrier (I had a retexture template for that) and on a reverse-engineered config for another unit using a plate carrier, so I think the low values are the stock values inherited for this kind of vest.

Hey CrazyCorky, thank you for the compliment. After checking in the virtual arsenal, I think you are referring to "Explosive Resistance?". This vest is based on the stock Plate Carrier (I had a retexture template for that) and on a reverse-engineered config for another unit using a plate carrier, so I think the low values are the stock values inherited for this kind of vest.

I checked again and I guess because I'm using it with Exile it's not showing any armor when I click to get its info. Even in the Arsenal where it shows the different layers of resistance, still seems low in comparison. Running an Exile server I'm tempted to use your mod specifically for that uniform!  :D

This is the link for the pictures  so you can see.

http://imgur.com/a/4uvHO

That may well be the Eden update breaking things, my own Nogovans i need to fix to take account of the all the changes introduced since Eden.

That may well be the Eden update breaking things, my own Nogovans i need to fix to take account of the all the changes introduced since Eden.

This was before Eden but mods are known to break mods.

This was before Eden but mods are known to break mods.

Well it may well be Exile which is breaking it, as far as i am aware the Everon Units work ok. As i regularly use them with my Nogovans.

Gentlemen, actually I use neither of the mods mentioned, and my Arsenal does not even show a "Ballistic Protection scale". Can you confirm its the mods? Alternatively, did you compare my vests with ther PlateCarriers present in the Arsenal?

Gentlemen, actually I use neither of the mods mentioned, and my Arsenal does not even show a "Ballistic Protection scale". Can you confirm its the mods? Alternatively, did you compare my vests with ther PlateCarriers present in the Arsenal?

I checked with an without mods. I still get the same outcome. No protection what so ever. While the vanilla vests show proper values. I can provide pictures if you'd like.

Here are the pictures. The last 2 show a Vanilla Vest that looks similar to the models you used:

http://imgur.com/a/vFHJs

Edited by CrazyCorky

New mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mathias_eichinger , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

I checked with an without mods. I still get the same outcome. No protection what so ever. While the vanilla vests show proper values. I can provide pictures if you'd like.

Here are the pictures. The last 2 show a Vanilla Vest that looks similar to the models you used:

I suspect BIS may have altered something in the Eden update, all of my NAF Vests inherit directly from default AAF Vests, so work correctly. Do the Everon ones inherit?

Thanks for posting pictures, this is the part of my config that defines my vest. I got it from a de-pboed older retexture, maybe it is obsolete:

class VEFP_Urban_Vest : Vest_NoCamo_Base {
        scope = public;
        displayName = "VEFP Urban Vest";
        picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_V_plate_carrier_1_CA.paa";
        model = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest01";
        hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"ENP SWAT 2035\data\vest_VEFPU.paa"};

class ItemInfo : VestItem {
            uniformModel = "\A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_vest01";
            containerClass = "Supply100";
            mass = 50;
            armor = 5*0.5;