_.Dardo._

Add background video

Hello,i'd like to know how can I add a loading video in the background of the main menu. I saw that a lot of mods have done it. Thank you.

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm also interested in learning this. Anyone knows how ?

Copied from E**** ...

// Play 

playMusic "Track";

addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {[] spawn {sleep 10; playMusic "Track"}}];        // I suppose that the duration of the track,in this case,is 10 seconds

// To hide the mini lag between the loops

cutText ["", "BLACK FADED", 69];                                                                                //Don't know why,but it could be useful

// No bullshit

enableEnvironment false;

showCinemaBorder false;                                                                                              //Self explanatory

// Loop video

while {true} do 

{

_video = ["path/to/video"] spawn BIS_fnc_playVideo;

waitUntil {scriptDone _video};

};

Did you try it and make it work ?

It should work,testing it right now

In which directory did you put the video directory in ?

// Play 
playMusic "Track";
addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {[] spawn {sleep 10; playMusic "Track"}}]; // I suppose that the duration of the track,in this case,is 10 seconds

cutText ["", "BLACK FADED", 69]; //Don't know why,but it could be useful

// No bullshit
enableEnvironment false;
showCinemaBorder false; //Self explanatory

// Loop video
while {true} do 
{
};
Edited by cybercoco

In which directory did you put the directory in ?

// Play 
playMusic "Track";
addMusicEventHandler ["MusicStop", {[] spawn {sleep 10; playMusic "Track"}}]; // I suppose that the duration of the track,in this case,is 10 seconds

cutText ["", "BLACK FADED", 69]; //Don't know why,but it could be useful

// No bullshit
enableEnvironment false;
showCinemaBorder false; //Self explanatory

// Loop video
while {true} do 
{
};
If you want to test it,just put it in the misions folder onto My Documents.

how would you do this with a photo instead of the video? and what would be the photo size?

+1 to creator the video works!

Hey All,

I'm having a go at this and I can't get the videos to play, there are no errors coming up, and all the splash images seem to be working

Can anyone advise what the correct file extensions are? ie: MP4?

@kaysio - As A test, I ran yours and had the same result. No video. Could this be something that was broken in the graphics update?

• Like 1

Hey All,

I'm having a go at this and I can't get the videos to play, there are no errors coming up, and all the splash images seem to be working

Can anyone advise what the correct file extensions are? ie: MP4?

@kaysio - As A test, I ran yours and had the same result. No video. Could this be something that was broken in the graphics update?

Im looking into a fix.

hey, the splashscreen didn't work but it shows on main menu below menu ribbons. Any suggestion ?

This video is the last vid i created with a menu video and loading screen, although with Apex, loading screen wont work now, but the video does, but the video only shows up after I've exited VR,

might show up after other stuff haven't tested enough.

In previous versions of arma3 I was able to create many background videos, for example:

The loading screen i used Iron front from IFA3, and the video itself is a trailer i edited that was for Iron Front game itself:

You can see how i did it here, heres a thread i created a while back for this:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/ifa3warmod-menu-videos-7780264?pid=1289738997#post1289738997

This may not work with current version of Arma3, or it will but it wont show til you exit something, idk

30 minutes ago, narrundo said:

hey, the splashscreen didn't work but it shows on main menu below menu ribbons. Any suggestion ?

Have no idea, with Apex my splash screen or loading screen as i like to call it dont show up anymore either,

however i do get the pic for my mod on the main menu.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Have no idea, with Apex my splash screen or loading screen as i like to call it dont show up anymore either,

however i do get the pic for my mod on the main menu.

yeah I have Apex too and the splash screen didn't show up though there is no error in the log.

My guess is the boxes in the center are blocking it, idk, tbh i preferred the old look, overall I'd prefer to bypass the whole thing and take me straight to the editor apon starting the game.

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I have a problem with displaying a video so my team is aware of the mission objective. This video is broadcast on a screen, but only those who start the video on the monitor can see, or each player has to start the video for them to see. It seems to me that it is like local. I'm trying to run on a dedicated server. This is the command I am using in a script started with an addAction:

PlayVideo.sqf
table setobjecttextureglobal [0, "scripts \ video \ action1.ogv"];
bigScreen setobjecttextureglobal [0, "scripts \ video \ action1.ogv"];
["scripts \ video \ action1.ogv", [10,10]] spawn bis_fnc_playvideo;

Since "table" and "bigScreen" are the objects that will transmit the video.
In some research I saw that maybe I have to use remoteExecCall, but I have no idea how to use it. An example would be welcome.