zebra1993

WARNING: SuppressCache: Crash

Since a few days ( i think 1.54 Hotfix) Is our Server crashing. But always when there are more than ~10 players playing on it.

The Logfiles go up to 1GB in a few seconds with 99% of the same message:

21:26:06 WARNING: SuppressCache::Trace called with huge input. Function exited to prevent program stall inside. tBeg[0.000000,165.000000,0.862211]; tEnd[0.019603,-0.506170,5423.109375]; ammoHit(1.970041); distance(0.000000)

21:26:06 In last 500 miliseconds was lost another 17 these messages.

My Client is also logging it but less often and less much cause the serve is crashing before the log gets to big <_<

We use a bunch of Mods: (Server Start parameter)

"-profiles=C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Arma 3\coop1settings\" -port=2302 -config=CoopServer.cfg -world=empty -malloc=tbbmalloc -autoinit -enableHT -mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@JS_JC_FA18;@task_force_radio;@Thirsk;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSF;@Leights_OPFOR;@AliveServer;@ALiVE;@Ares;@AfghanVillage;@LegionAddon;@fata;@ace;@ace; -servermod=@aceServerSide;

I have no access to the server init nor to the server.cfg

But what we see, is that Zeus missions crash more often then Alive Missions.

As mentioned the server first floods the Log with the SuppressCache messages, after a while he goes down in lack of memory

21:32:10 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
21:32:10 Virtual memory free 49 MB (51638272 B)
21:32:10 Physical memory free 134 MB (140795904 B)
21:32:10 Page file free 4365 MB (4577562624 B)
21:32:10 Process working set 3413 MB (3579793408 B)
21:32:10 Process page file used 3753 MB (3935371264 B)
21:32:11 Longest free VM region: 3801088 B
21:32:11 VM busy 4241522688 B (reserved 193343488 B, committed 4048179200 B, mapped 50888704 B), free 53313536 B
21:32:11 Small mapped regions: 22, size 98304 B

i hope i understand what i am trying to ask cause my english is not the best.

anyway thanks for the help ahead

greets zeb

We solved it (more or less) In the Init is @ace twice called this let run the ACE advanced balistics against it self

Thanks for the Views, i hope someone other will make use of it

/Closed

Zebra,

Can you elaborate on your fix any more?

I'm getting the same error, but I don't call ace twice like you showed.

@AllInArmaTerrainPack; is now defunct, use cupterrains instead

You shouldnt need to edit any missions, just replace the mod pack, you will find greater stability in doing so

I don't think you're replying to me, Terox, but to remove any doubt, I'm using CUP weapons, units, terrains core and vehicles, ace3, the 2 compatibility addons for same, and cba

Hi Tankbuster, no m8, was replying to Zebra, i just noticed his -mod line

• Like 1

His post was from 2015. I don't know if CUP terrains existed then. :)

The funny thing is that a number of people have reported this rpt spam around the internet, and there have been some replies, but nothing conclusive. Users report getting this on clients, and I do see it on clients, but I also get it on the server. Solutions include  BIOS upgrades, GPU driver downgrades and howling at the moon. Not really satisfying for me.

By the way, as I'm using your lovely launcher, I KNOW I'm not loading ACE twice as the OP clearly is.

This error can cause fatal out of memory crashes; mainly because it can spam logs with literally thousands of lines within a matter of minutes. I'm one of these people that have started a thread on this and yes, the answers leave a lot to be desired. Translation: No one knows what causes it.

This error can cause fatal out of memory crashes; mainly because it can spam logs with literally thousands of lines within a matter of minutes. I'm one of these people that have started a thread on this and yes, the answers leave a lot to be desired. Translation: No one knows what causes it.

For me, it happens in a mission that runs ACE and CUP almost from the moment the mission starts

I don't use either of the mods! See what I mean?:)

Well I use CUP Terrains, but I have yet to dive into their units/weapons/vehicles packs.

You and I use CUP terrains then, but the OP doesn't.

Yeah but to be fair, his post is pretty old now.

I see he uses ALiVE and @aliveserver. I do too.

I should also point out I haven't checked my server logs in forever. -nologs = -noheadache :)

• Like 1

I've made some progress tacking this down.

I'm using Fluit's Dynamic Enemy Population and it seems that this error starts just as that script starts an air patrol. I'll look into it some more and report back.