Sign in to follow this  
ruPal

ruPal Headgear Modding (RHS and ACE3)

Do you like tactical gaming? Do you use any opportunity to gain an advantage over the enemy?  You like RHS and ACE3 but hate goggles glued to your helmet? Then this mod for you.

Description:

It gives you ability to get goggles from helmet (RHS helmets only) and put them back with very cool ACE3 interaction menu.

Requirements:
- CBA_A3

-ACE3

-RHS:AFRF

-RHS:USAF

Version: 2.0

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!nJUQTShR!I4yseVaCqpDX2--R0_3JVQn-5cAYTNkfQylhvQof1UE

Armaholic mirror (Thanks to Foxhound):

news_download_a3_3.png

• Like 5

RuPal you are making the best fucking mods for RHS! I love you so much dude this is really nice and cool! A sure addition to my group's modpack!

Hey ruPal! That is indeed a gread modding idead! Is there any way we could get this as a scripted version? My players sadly do not want to install any more new mods :/

I was just thinking this really should be part of RHS or ACE. There is no tangible reason why this should be a separate download / mod.

But on topic. So freaking cool.

Thank you for your feedback.

The mod (as previously released for weapon holding) is based on classname switching. You get classname (helmet with ESS) and replace it with helmet and ESS goggles. It is possible because RHS team made several models with and without ESS goggles. Also ACE3 team made a great job with interaction menu and other stuff and I really like all of their work.

aushilfsalien, I think that this mod can be made in a script version but I don't want to do that. I use both mods (ACE3 and RHS) and it will take more time (and no fun) to support both versions of mod. Feel free to modify it as you wish.

• Like 1

Imo great modification, could you also add an option for getting ess googles from LWH Marpat(Headset/ESS)/ ACH OCP (Headset/ESS) versions?

Imo great modification, could you also add an option for getting ess googles from LWH Marpat(Headset/ESS)/ ACH OCP (Headset/ESS) versions?

That was intetional. There is no model of LWH Marpat with headset and without ESS goggles and there is no model of ACH OCP with HD cam and without ESS goggles. So you will lose headset in first situation and lose HD cam in second.

If so we can make a ticket for guys from RHS to give us variants with headset and with out ESS ;)

I think RHS has much more important things to do. But here we go http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=1766Feel free to bump it from time to time.

Also there is one more feature request for my another mod http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=1352

Very cool! Would love to see this on WithSix.

Its already there. Try to search on their site.

Its already there. Try to search on their site.

My apologies, I figured there'd be a link here. Thank you for this!

New mod v2.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ruPal , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Great mod. Thank you, I really appreciate this.

@ruPal Is it ok for me to upload this to the steam workshop?

Thanks for the mod it's very cool. Any chance of adding Project Opfor support?

edit: I discovered the mod checks for the word "ESS" written on the headgear name. If that is true then it switches headgear and adds ESS goggles to your inventory.

It would be cool if we could have larger helmet support as in those with more than only "ESS" written ie: "Black ESS" or "Headset/Black ESS"

I hope i'm clear enough, if not let me know.

Regards.

On 2017-10-08 at 2:34 AM, ownedarg said:

Thanks for the mod it's very cool. Any chance of adding Project Opfor support?

edit: I discovered the mod checks for the word "ESS" written on the headgear name. If that is true then it switches headgear and adds ESS goggles to your inventory.

It would be cool if we could have larger helmet support as in those with more than only "ESS" written ie: "Black ESS" or "Headset/Black ESS"

I hope i'm clear enough, if not let me know.

Regards.

The issue with that would be that it'd mix up different helmets. 

Lets say you use black ess marpat LWH. Now you take out goggles. Now you have standard marpat LWH and goggles. Now lets switch back to helmet. The game will switch it back to the standard tan cover instead of black. You could add a variable that'll be set for which helmet you previously had and what goggles you can attach to them if you'd like to "patch" the mod and make it more advanced.