ginntonic

Arma 4 upgrade?

I was going to buy arma 3 but noticed arma 4 is already being talked about (as in trailers etc).  If I buy arma 3 right now does anyone know if ill get an upgrade to 4 when it comes out? 

thanks

How many Gintonics have you drunk at the time you were writing this?

are you joking?... its only 1pm here, so i never go above 2 an hr when i am working.  (everyone thinks i'm drinking coffee)

• Like 2

are you joking?... its only 1pm here, so i never go above 2 an hr when i am working.  (everyone thinks i'm drinking coffee)

Ah, that's okay I suppose...
Well.. Talking seriously , none of those information have been announced officially so all the information you read are speculations only.

This could be even the last Arma. Bohemia is focusing in the new engine that DayZ is going to use. I wouldn't expect anything concrete or at least next 5 years because if Arma 4 comes it will likely come to the new Enfusion engine which is far from ready.

So nothing like Arma 3 won't come in 4-5 years I say. Max very early alpha is possible.

• Like 1

Wish we  had a dislike button!

Then troll losers wouldn't have anything to do.  Think of it has job security.

This could be even the last Arma. Bohemia is focusing in the new engine that DayZ is going to use. I wouldn't expect anything concrete or at least next 5 years because if Arma 4 comes it will likely come to the new Enfusion engine which is far from ready.

So nothing like Arma 3 won't come in 4-5 years I say. Max very early alpha is possible.

So all the Arma 4 trailers are fake on youtube....that answers that.  Thanks.

Are you talking about the expansion? Tanoa? If so, that is an expansion for Arma 3. I've not heard anything about an Arma 4.

Can I ever want has to never own?

Guys, let me assure you - we're not even remotely thinking of something that could be described as Arma 4. Arma 3 is here to stay for quite some time, with continuous support. 

• Like 5

Guys, let me assure you - we're not even remotely thinking of something that could be described as Arma 4.

Boooo.......

Arma 3 is here to stay for quite some time, with continuous support.  

& yipeee lol

Guys, let me assure you - we're not even remotely thinking of something that could be described as Arma 4. Arma 3 is here to stay for quite some time, with continuous support. 

*breath of relief* I guess that means there's hope for things like new Animation System and possibility of Waveworks integration in the distant future. :P 

Guess Enfusion is out of the Arma equation then....   :(

Highly unlikely... Actually, you know what? That's a good point. I thought to myself, if BI stated Enfusion was going to be the Engine for their Future games, then what the hell are they going to do with all the Advances they made with RV4 now, especially with upcoming Tanoa? It's not like they can... wait for it... "Enfuse" RV4 into the DayZ Engine way into the future, right? They made a large portion of advances on both fronts. So are they going to be forced to chose one Engine over the other for the next Arma title, if there ever will be one? (hopefully)

And seeing as "continued support" means that they won't be focusing manpower on entirely new title after Apex, does this mean we could see further advances to this Engine beyond just the Light and Water Shader overhauls? Like some real features to the actual way water interacts with things, and perhaps even lights not... you know, shining through solid objects, houses, rocks?